Valley of flowers 2
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
Traveller / Ertiga / Dzire / Similar
Triple / Quad sharing basis
Depart from Rishikesh early in the morning and steer towards Joshimath which should take around approximately 7.5 hrs. It is indeed a little strenuous yet also a stunning mountain drive. The entire journey traverses the mountainside, with the river flowing below you. (Don’t don't forget to take pictures at the confluence of Alaknanda and Bhagirathi rivers at Devprayag!) The roads are treacherously cut on mountains edges and at times, you only see the river flowing in the gorge deep below. You would come across many eating joints en route hence one doesn’t need to worry about lunch. Arrive Joshimath in the evening. Adorned by pilgrims and travellers alike, this celestial place is surrounded by beautiful mountains, perched at an altitude of 1821 meters above sea level. Halt the night here for a spanking new start the next day.
Triple/Quad Sharing Basis
(Breakfast , Packed Lunch and Dinner)
• Altitude: 6,300 ft (1,920 m) to 9,600 ft (2,926 m) via 7,200 ft (2,195 m) • Up with the dawn, we today depart from Joshimath to Govindghat from where the guests need to take the local transfer to get to Pulna (3kms) which is the start point of the trek. We would begin our climb for Ghangaria now. As we ascend, the river Lakshman Ganga, flows gently down below. After a sharp climb, getting to Ghangaria feels like an achievement. After arrival at Ghangaria, explore the surroundings in the evening followed by dinner. • Ghangaria is also known for having a helipad and a few camping spaces. It is the one-street village, lined with hotels, restaurants and a Gurudwara.
Triple/Quad Sharing Basis
(Breakfast , Packed Lunch and Dinner)
• Altitude: 9,600 ft (2,195 m) to 11,500 ft (3,505 m) • We start the trail early so that we get more time to spend at the Valley. We come across a gate where we need to buy entry tickets to the valley. A kilometre into the gate, there is a scenic bridge across a stream gushing below. We pass gently through a coniferous forest, before descending to the bridge, climbing up a rocky path, with the forest in the rear, the spectacle of the first flowers begin to emerge. The valley is gorgeous, and there are meadows of flowers right out of a fairytale! • Himalayan Balsam, is the most predominant flower of the valley and a thick coverlet of these flowers can be seen everywhere. The valley is really a botanists’ nirvana! One can find rare and exotic Himalayan flowers, leaves, buds of various shapes and colors, all growing in concert. Some of the prominent flowers that you will see especially in July-August include Meadow Geranium, Snake Foil, Hooked Stick Seed, Himalayan Rose, Blue Poppy, River Anemone, White Leaf Hog Foot and Dog Flower. • After viewing one of Nature’s stunning wonder we start descending to Ghangaria. We spend the night in a Lodge at Ghangaria.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Journey Basket was found when the two adventure junkies decided to convert their passion into a full time commitment, over a Bike Ride to Nepal, Sikkim and Bhutan. We have a team full of specialists for Himalayan Treks, Motorbike Expeditions, Leisure Trips and others so that you don't just visit a place but also witness the world from new lenses. Journey Basket strives to deliver the perfect holiday experience for everyone. We plan each and every itinerary to give the authentic flavor of every location. So that, you don't just visit the place but live and breath the culture of the land. To provide the Aha! moment to our customers, we weave special little touches to surprise them and deliver a dream holiday. We like to call it the Journey Basket Thinking.
I started my Journey on 9 oct from Rishikesh towards Tungnath-Chandrashila Trek with Mr. Shaim and other members of the group. We have so much fun together all thanks to our Guide Shaim. Food was good, Trek was good, Everyone showed a great amount of Professionalism and i personally am very happy with the behaviour our everyone and helping nature. Special Thanks to Shaim for making my trip super fun and super adventurous. I really had the time of my life.
We just came back from Chopta. The tour was wonderful all along the way and everything went smooth. I am so pleased with the trip.
Our guide Shaim was quite enjoyable , resourceful, competent, funny and knowledgeable. We got excellent service.
Okay..so I booked this trip from Journey basket for Chopta. Didn’t expect much from it in the beginning as I’m a traveller and like to explore new hiking destinations myself. However, to my surprise, Journey basket just flipped the perception for me. It went great and I enjoyed every bit of it.
The camps were nice and spacious with good hygiene. They were well equipped with warm beddings considering the December winters.
Our tour coordinators Pankaj, Gaurav and Ayush Balli managed the group pretty well with various group activities to indulge every individual.
We did two treks - Tungnath temple and Doriyatal trek. Treks were an ultimate fun and an amazing experience!!
Well, the best is yet to come.. Journey Basket had arranged an amazing New Years Party with DJ and dance.. One couldn’t expect much !!
Lastly, Thank you Journey Basket for this great memorable experience!
Would like to recommend this to all. Please try different treks from Journey basket, but start with Chopta!! 👍🏻😬
I went on a trip last week to chopta with journey basket and It was a memorable experience for me. The food was yum and the stay was also comfortable. Our trip leader SHAIM was very helpful and cheerful throughout the trip. I would suggest my other friends too about journey basket.
My trip went unexpectedly well. Shaim who was our trek lead, kept me motivated to climb the Chandrashila peak and I did it effortlessly because of him. The food and stay was comfortable and the campfire was a cherry on top. Overall, I loved every bit of the trip. Thank you.!!
This was one amazing trek, the people and the facilities all were very nice. 👍The camps were nice and perfect to have a sunset and sunrise view. It was so serene and peaceful. The food was very nice, had a great time. A big thanks to the team , kudos!
• Transportation during the journey from the pickup on day 01 to drop on day 06 is covered . • Accommodation – Stay is included from Day 1 to Day 5 (Joshimath to Joshimath). You will be staying in lodges on all days of the trek. Rooms will be shared with fellow trekkers. • Meals – Dinner at Joshimath on Day 1 to breakfast at Joshimath on Day 6 are included. We provide simple vegetarian food on all days of the trek. • Total Meals: 5 Breakfasts, 4 Packed Lunches during trek days and 5 Dinners • Accommodations on sharing basis as per itinerary. • Trip Coordinator. • Experienced Local Guide/Trek guide • Basic First Aid Kit
• Valley of Flowers entry fees • Any additional expenses such as personal nature/Medical Exigency. • Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delayed travel. • Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions. • Any Airfare/Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of transportation from which is outside the itinerary. • Parking and monument entry fees during sightseeing. • Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Landslides, Roadblocks, and other natural calamities or Delays. • Any other services not specified above in inclusions. • Since Valley of Flowers is a monsoon trek, there are possibilities of roadblocks due to landslides. Account for this by adding a buffer day in your travel plan. • Local Transfer from Govindghat to Pulna and Back.
THINGS TO CARRY
-Clothing - including thermal pants and shirts, a pair of woollen gloves, woollen and sun caps, 3 pairs of woollen socks, a woollen scarf, thick jackets, etc.
-At least 1 litres of bottled water and instant food like cookies and cakes
-Necessary toiletries like hand sanitizers, towels, napkins, etc.
-Extra plastic bags
-Sunglasses and lip balms.
-Waterproof rucksack and rain cover for rucksack.
-Medical kit, including any prescribed medicines
-Torch with fresh batteries
-Relevant trekking and camping gear like trekking shoes, trekking backpack, trekking poles, etc
-Extra Pair of Slipper/Shoes
-Tiffin Box for pack lunch(If opted)
-Medication( if any prescribed by doctor)
Policy and Terms
-Bookings made on non-cancellable/non-amendable packages/rates cannot be canceled/amended. On doing so, the full amount of advance paid will be treated as the cancellation fee. The same terms apply in case if the guests don’t show up.
-For all bookings, other than non-cancellable, if the guest doesn't show up the complete booking will be non-refundable or if they choose to check-out early, one night’s room rate, including taxes, will be charged.
-No cancellations will be taken over the call or WhatsApp message. Please reply to the email of email confirmation that you have received at the time of booking regarding the cancellation.
-There would be no refund provided in case some problems occur due to government orders, harsh weather conditions, protests, landslides, or any other unforeseen circumstances. On the occasion of any such happenings, we have a backup plan ready most of the time and we'll be moving onto that. There are times when we would have to cancel some activities mentioned in the itinerary but it's only due to the reason that we would be bound by a circumstance that is not in our control.
-If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.) then the participants would be provided with a travel voucher for the same amount that can be used within 365 days of the issuance date for any package worth the same amount. (Subject to availability)
-If a trek/trip has to be aborted midway due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.). In that case, no refund would be provided.
-Travelmite will not bear any extra expense due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.).
Terms and Conditions
-In keeping with Government regulations, we request all guests (on single/double/triple/quad occupancy) to carry a photo identity to present on check-in. Foreign nationals are required to present their valid passport and visa. Indian nationals can present any government issued photo identity address proof card e.g. driving license, passport, Aadhar card or voter’s ID card. PAN Card will not be accepted as the above. Also do keep handy proof of corporate affiliations, if you have made a corporate booking.
-The Government of India has introduced a ‘no smoking’ rule for hotels, restaurants and all public places. This means smoking is prohibited in all parts of the campsite except in designated areas.
-50% payment at the time of Confirmation. Balance payment upon 24 hours prior to arrival .
-Please note that the rooms and the rate will be confirmed subject to availability, at the time of receipt of the advance deposit details
-Our check-in time is 2 pm and our check-out time is 11 am.
-Check-in Early/Late, or sleep in and check-out late, we will be happy to oblige however is subject to availability. Both may entail a nominal additional charge.
What is the best time for valley of flowers trek?
The months between mid-June to the end of September are considered to be the best time to enjoy the best of what the Valley of Flowers has got. This is the time just after the monsoon rains when the flowers start blooming and further make this place stay true to its name.
How is the Valley of Flowers weather?
While the summers here are a bit scorching, the Valley of Flowers is best known for its spring season. With an annual mean temperature of 18 degrees celsius, this place has usually tolerable climatic conditions. However, the winters here can be really chilly due to its height, which can act as a spoilsport for various different activities.
What is minimum number of days required to trek the Valley of Flowers?
How long is Valley of Flowers trek?
The Valley of Flowers Trek is a four day long journey which begins at the base camp Govindghat. You have to trek for 14 KM from Govindghat until Ghangaria which would be a 8-10 hour trekking time. From the base camp Ghangaria, the Valley of Flowers is another 14 KM by trekking and you would be required to walk for 7-8 hours to cover this distance.
How to prepare for the Valley of Flowers trek?
Located at an altitude of 14,400 feet and with 47 kilometers to be covered, this trekking to the Valley of Flowers at Uttarakhand needs body fitness and pre climbing preparations. The main aim is to store enough stamina to complete the trek. It is thus advised to start preparing for a month ahead.
- Doing “leg presses” to strengthen your leg muscles is a good idea.
- Practicing a few breathing exercises is beneficial too.
- You can also follow this 4-week walking regimen so that you do not get tired easily during the long climb
Week 1: Brisk walk 10 minutes+ Jogging 10 minutes +Slow walk 10 minutes
Week 2: Brisk walk 5 minutes+ Jogging 15 minutes +Slow walk 5 minutes
Week 3: Repeat Week 2
Week 4: Brisk walk 5 minutes+ Jogging 25 minutes.
- Physical fitness is a must, so consult with your doctor if you have any medical issues.
What is Valley of flowers trek difficulty?
The Valley of Flowers trek is considered as a moderate trek. The trek starts with a steep ascent from Ghangaria and then slowly becomes easy till you reach Valley of Flowers
What is the level of fitness expected from the participants coming for Valley Of Flowers trek?
The Valley of Flowers trek is an easy to moderate trek. But since you will have to do some steep climbing it is advisable that you prepare yourself for this. You can start with walking for at least 1 hour a day and around 3-4 kms. Also, do yoga and pranayam which will help you to regulate your breathing while you are trekking at high altitudes. You can also do some stretching and sit-ups every day which will help you later while you climb the steep trails.
Can we visit Hemkund Sahib during Valley of Flowers trek?
Of course, you can visit Hemkund Sahib on your trek to Valley of Flowers. It is a must visit attraction. En-route Valley of flowers, Hemkund Sahib falls on the route on the 3rd day. It is one of the most revered Sikh Shrines. Hemkund Sahib is the world’s largest gurudwara situated at 4239 m altitude. The whole vibe of the place is so serene and peaceful.