VALLEY OF FLOWERS & HEMKUND SAHIB
Valley Of Flowers
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- Couple Friendly
- Himalayan Treks
- History and Culture
All About It
- 6 Days 5 Nights
- 50 Slots
- Difficulty - Moderate
- For 10+ years
- Best Season - Summer (May, June, July) Monsoon (Aug, Sept, Oct)
Serenely nestled in the west Himalayan region of Uttarakhand in the Indian National Park is the enchanting Valley of flowers also known as ‘Phoolon ki Ghaati’. As the name suggests, it is known for its plush meadows which blossom with widespread alpine flowers and diverse fauna
Its exceptionally natural beauty, population of rare, endangered and high altitude flora and fauna, the status of conservation and management led it to be declared as a World Heritage site by UNESCO
For all those travelers seeking visual treat it is true that there are many alpine meadows and valleys in the Garhwal Himalayas, such as Khiron Valley, Har-Ki-Dun, Dayara Bugyal etc that have similar altitude ranges and flora composition such as the Valley of Flowers. But one can say that none of them is as diverse as the Valley of Flowers in terms of floral wealth
Not only trekking enthusiast and Nature lovers from around the world flock this Valley but it is also a haven for flower lovers, botanists, photographers, birdwatchers and wildlife photographers. They come during its peak season and it leaves them with sheer admiration and an experience for lifetime
The gates to Valley Of Flowers unbolt at the onset of June and closes in October. But the recommended time to visit is between July and September. Even in the best months between July and September, the trek is not the same every month. The flowers bloom and wilt during this period
Valley Of Flowers trek, which mounts up to 14,400 ft, is not actually difficult. It is rated as ‘moderate’. That too only because trekking days is slightly stretched.
- Valley of Flowers - The UNESCO World heritage site
- Hemkund Sahib - The World's Highest Gurudwara
- Laxman Gang
- Blue Poppy - Also known as Queen of Himalayan Flowers. Blue poppy is found near Hemkund Sahib and Valley of Flower
- Brahmakamal - The unique and mystical flower that grows only on high altitude.
Homestay/Hotel or swiss cottage
• The roads are treacherously cut on mountains edges and at times, you only see the river flowing in the gorge deep below. You would come across many eating joints enroute hence one doesn’t need to worry about lunch. Arrive Joshimath /Lower Auli in the evening.
• Adorned by pilgrims and travelers alike, this celestial place is surrounded by beautiful mountains, perched at an altitude of 1821 meters above sea level. Halt the night here for a spanking new start the next day.
(Breakfast, Packed Lunch, Snacks and Dinner)
• Altitude: 6,300 ft (1,920 m) to 9,600 ft (2,926 m) via 7,200 ft (2,195 m
• Up with the dawn, we today depart from Joshimath to Govindghat from where the guests need to take the local transfer to get to Pulna (3kms) which is the start point of the trek. We would begin our climb for Ghangaria now. As we ascend, the river Lakshman Ganga, flows gently down below. After a sharp climb, getting to Ghangaria feels like an achievement. After arrival at Ghangaria, explore the surroundings in the evening followed by dinner.
• Ghangaria is also known for having a helipad and a few camping spaces. It is the one-street village, lined with hotels, restaurants and a Gurudwara.
Ghangaria Base Camp
(Breakfast, Packed Lunch, Snacks and Dinner)
• Altitude: 9,600 ft (2,195 m) to 11,500 ft (3,505 m).
• We start the trail early so that we get more time to spend at the Valley. We come across a gate where we need to buy entry tickets to the valley. A kilometre into the gate, there is a scenic bridge across a stream gushing below. We pass gently through a coniferous forest, before descending to the bridge, climbing up a rocky path, with the forest in the rear, the spectacle of the first flowers begin to emerge. The valley is gorgeous, and there are meadows of flowers right out of a fairytale.
• Himalayan Balsam, is the most predominant flower of the valley and a thick coverlet of these flowers can be seen everywhere. The valley is really a botanists’ nirvana! One can find rare and exotic Himalayan flowers, leaves, buds of various shapes and colors, all growing in concert. Some of the prominent flowers that you will see especially in July-August include Meadow Geranium, Snake Foil, Hooked Stick Seed, Himalayan Rose, Blue Poppy, River Anemone, White Leaf Hog Foot and Dog Flower.
• After viewing one of Nature’s stunning wonder we start descending to Ghangaria. We spend the night in a guest house at Ghangaria.
View Of Valley
Flora Of valley
Quad sharing basis
(Breakfast, Packed Lunch, Snacks and Dinner)
• Altitude: 9,600 ft (2,926 m) to 14,107 ft (4,300 m) and back.
• Today’s climb to Hemkund Sahib is steep at certain points and will take approximately about 3 – 4 hrs o ascend. We hence start out early post a scrumptious breakfast.
• Surrounded by seven snow-capped mountains, Hemkund Sahib is a well renowned Sikh Shrine built next to the beautiful Hemkund Sahib lake. The lake is surrounded by wild flowers with Brahma Kamal being the most popular among them. The atmosphere of this place exudes a feeling of calm and tranquility, which is most needed after the strenuous trek. Another interesting aspect of the lake is that it remains frozen for six months! Hence not accessible throughout the year.
• The must-not-miss thing is the hot tea served in the Gurudwara (shrine) which is heavenly to say the least. We will also visit the Laxman Mandir which is right next to the Gurudwara. After spending sometime in this serene environment. We descend back to Ghangaria for our overnight stay at the guesthouse/hotel.
Hemkund Sahib Lake
Homestay/Hotel or Swiss cottage
(Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner)
- This is the day when we start our downhill trek, back to Pulna then return to Govindghat. The climb down is definitely much easier almost a cake walk. Upon reaching Govindghat, we rest a bit and then drive to Joshimath/Lower Auli to check into the hotel to retire for the day.
Stay Not Applicable
- Post breakfast we depart from Joshimath early morning for your return journey. We would arrive at Rishikesh late evening and say goodbye to sweet memories.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
We are excited to introduce our organisation TravelMite Outdoors (TravelMite), which is specialised in organising experience based Treks and Accommodation to Uttarakhand in India. We have been in the Industry for the past 4 years and our operations have been thoroughly vetted, audited and endorsed on the parameters of sustainability and excellence in operations, services and customer care. You can thus be assured that we have pledged to uphold and maintain the highest standards on the above criteria. We have had the opportunity to make over 7000+ guests experience what true adventure is. We offer multiple touch points to add value to our customer’s experience.Our dedication to creating outstanding travel experiences has allowed us to build quite a fan base. The organisation and the team truly believe in providing individuals with a memorable adventure, which can be backed by our social media reviews/testimonials – Facebook, Google Review
• Forest Entry Fees
• Transportation during the journey from the pickup on day 01 to drop on day 06 is covered
• Accommodation – Stay is included from Day 1 to Day 5 (Joshimath to Joshimath). You will be staying in lodges on all days of the trek. Rooms will be shared with fellow trekkers
• Meals – Dinner at Joshimath on Day 1 to breakfast at Lower Auli/Joshimath on Day 6 are included. We provide simple vegetarian food on all days of the trek
• Total Meals: 5 Breakfasts, 4 Packed Lunches & 4 evening snacks or soup during trek days , and 5 Dinner
• Accommodations on sharing basis as per itinerary
• Trip Coordinator
• Experienced Local Guide/Trek guide
• Basic First Aid Kit
• Any additional expenses such as personal nature/Medical Exigency
• Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delayed travel
• Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions
• Any Airfare/Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of transportation from which is outside the itinerary
• Parking and monument entry fees during sightseeing
• Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Landslides, Roadblocks, and other natural calamities or Delays
• Any other services not specified above in inclusions
• Since Valley of Flowers is a monsoon trek, there are possibilities of roadblocks due to landslides. Account for this by adding a buffer day in your travel plan
• Local Transfer from Govindghat to Pulna and Back.
THINGS TO CARRY
- .Rucksack / Daypack/Trekking Shoes / Raincoat / poncho
1 . Rucksack & Day Bag pack - Make sure your backpack has good hip support, shoulder support, and quick access pockets.
A day bag pack will help you carry your tiffin box , water bottle and mobile while trekking.
2. Trekking Shoes- Shoes that are sturdy, have good grip, have ankle support, and can handle snow.
- Woollen clothing - including thermal pants and shirts, a pair of woollen gloves, woollen and sun caps, 3 pairs of woollen socks, a woollen scarf, thick jackets, etc.
- At least 1 litres of bottled water and instant food like cookies and cakes.
- Necessary toiletries like hand sanitizers, towels, napkins, etc.
- Extra plastic bags
- Sunglasses and lip balms.
- Waterproof rucksack and rain cover for rucksack.
- Medical kit, including any prescribed medicines
- Torch with fresh batteries
- Relevant trekking and camping gear like trekking shoes, trekking backpack, trekking poles, etc.
- Power Bank
- Extra Pair of Slipper
- Tiffin Box for pack lunch(If opted)
- Medication( if any prescribed by doctor)
The 60's Cafe tapovan
HOW TO REACH
By train: The nearest railway station is at Rishikesh. From Rishikesh station, you can avail of private or public buses to reach the pickup point The 60s cafe tapovan, Rishikesh.
By road: The travelling distance between Delhi and Rishikesh by road is approximately 251 km. AC buses are available from Delhi to Rishikesh. From Rishikesh, reach to the pickup point The 60s cafe tapovan, Rishikesh.
By air: From Indira Gandhi Delhi International airport, flights operate to Jolly Grant commercial airport in Dehradun at frequent intervals. From the airport, you can hire a cab to reach Rishikesh covering a distance of 43 km. Your trekking experience to the valley starts from here.
Policy and Terms
- Bookings made on non-cancellable/non-amendable packages/rates cannot be canceled/amended. On doing so, the full amount of advance paid will be treated as the cancellation fee. The same terms apply in case if the guests don’t show up.
- For all bookings, other than non-cancellable, if the guest doesn't show up the complete booking will be non-refundable or if they choose to check-out early, one night’s room rate, including taxes, will be charged.
- No cancellations will be taken over the call or WhatsApp message. Please reply to the email of email confirmation that you have received at the time of booking regarding the cancellation.
- There would be no refund provided in case some problems occur due to government orders, harsh weather conditions, protests, landslides, or any other unforeseen circumstances. On the occasion of any such happenings, we have a backup plan ready most of the time and we'll be moving onto that. There are times when we would have to cancel some activities mentioned in the itinerary but it's only due to the reason that we would be bound by a circumstance that is not in our control.
- If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.) then the participants would be provided with a travel voucher for the same amount that can be used within 365 days of the issuance date for any package worth the same amount. (Subject to availability)
- If a trek/trip has to be aborted midway due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.). In that case, no refund would be provided.
- Travelmite will not bear any extra expense due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.).
Terms and Conditions
- In keeping with Government regulations, we request all guests (on single/double/triple occupancy) to carry a photo identity to present on check-in. Foreign nationals are required to present their valid passport and visa. Indian nationals can present any government issued photo identity address proof card e.g. driving license, passport, Aadhar card or voter’s ID card. PAN Card will not be accepted as the above. Also do keep handy proof of corporate affiliations, if you have made a corporate booking.
YOUR FAVORITE THINGS
- Kids stay free (room only)! Two children below the age of 6 years stay for free in the same room without extra bed
- The Government of India has introduced a ‘no smoking’ rule for hotels, restaurants and all public places. This means smoking is prohibited in all parts of the campsite except in designated areas.
- 50% payment at the time of Confirmation. Balance payment upon 24 hours prior to arrival .
- Please note that the room/s and the rate will be confirmed subject to availability, at the time of receipt of the advance deposit details.
- Our check-in time is 2 pm and our check-out time is 11 am.
- Check-in Early/Late, or sleep in and check-out late, we will be happy to oblige however is subject to availability. Both may entail a nominal additional charge.
What is the best time for valley of flowers trek?
The months between mid-June to the end of September are considered to be the best time to enjoy the best of what the Valley of Flowers has got. This is the time just after the monsoon rains when the flowers start blooming and further make this place stay true to its name.
Why is valley of flowers famous?
This is stunning and amazing and offers experiences that can enrich your journeys. Therefore, if you ever wish to visit the Himalayas or want to go for adventurous trek, begin it with the Valley of Flowers. The reality is that a life without seeing the Himalayas remains incomplete for the adventurous souls.
How is the Valley of Flowers weather?
While the summers here are a bit scorching, the Valley of Flowers is best known for its spring season. With an annual mean temperature of 18 degrees celsius, this place has usually tolerable climatic conditions. However, the winters here can be really chilly due to its height, which can act as a spoilsport for various different activities.
What is minimum number of days required to trek the Valley of Flowers?
How long is Valley of Flowers trek?
The Valley of Flowers Trek is a four day long journey which begins at the base camp Govindghat. You have to trek for 14 KM from Govindghat until Ghangaria which would be a 8-10 hour trekking time. From the base camp Ghangaria, the Valley of Flowers is another 14 KM by trekking and you would be required to walk for 7-8 hours to cover this distance.
How to prepare for the Valley of Flowers trek?
Located at an altitude of 14,400 feet and with 47 kilometers to be covered, this trekking to the Valley of Flowers at Uttarakhand needs body fitness and pre climbing preparations. The main aim is to store enough stamina to complete the trek. It is thus advised to start preparing for a month ahead.
- Doing “leg presses” to strengthen your leg muscles is a good idea.
- Practicing a few breathing exercises is beneficial too.
- You can also follow this 4-week walking regimen so that you do not get tired easily during the long climb.
Week 1: Brisk walk 10 minutes+ Jogging 10 minutes +Slow walk 10 minutes
Week 2: Brisk walk 5 minutes+ Jogging 15 minutes +Slow walk 5 minutes
Week 3: Repeat Week 2
Week 4: Brisk walk 5 minutes+ Jogging 25 minutes.
- Physical fitness is a must, so consult with your doctor if you have any medical issues.
What is Valley of flowers trek difficulty?
The Valley of Flowers trek is considered as a moderate trek. The trek starts with a steep ascent from Ghangaria and then slowly becomes easy till you reach Valley of Flowers.
What is the level of fitness expected from the participants coming for Valley Of Flowers trek?
The Valley of Flowers trek is an easy to moderate trek. But since you will have to do some steep climbing it is advisable that you prepare yourself for this. You can start with walking for at least 1 hour a day and around 3-4 kms. Also, do yoga and pranayam which will help you to regulate your breathing while you are trekking at high altitudes. You can also do some stretching and sit-ups every day which will help you later while you climb the steep trails.
Can we visit Hemkund Sahib during Valley of Flowers trek?
Of course, you can visit Hemkund Sahib on your trek to Valley of Flowers. It is a must visit attraction. En-route Valley of flowers, Hemkund Sahib falls on the route on the 3rd day. It is one of the most revered Sikh Shrines. Hemkund Sahib is the world’s largest gurudwara situated at 4239 m altitude. The whole vibe of the place is so serene and peaceful.
How far is Valley of Flowers from Badrinath?
The Valley of Flowers is 25 Kilometres away from Badrinath.
What are attractions nearby to Valley of Flowers?
The nearby attractions include Shree Hemkund Sahib, Shree Badrinath Ji, Auli, Tapovan, Mana Village etc.
What is the room sharing basis?
Our rooms are on double, triple, and quad sharing basis. (Offers are subject to availability.)
Can you customize a trip?
YES, If you want us to design a customized itinerary for you and your family/friends, reach out to us at [email protected] or Call us at 8010000205.