Valley of Flowers trek
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 6 Days 5 Nights
- Difficulty - Easy Moderate
- For 10+ years
- Best Season - August September October
Valley of Flowers "Foolon ki Ghati" is one of those beautiful trekking expeditions that can be enjoyed during the monsoon season. It is flawlessly nestled in the West Himalayan region of Uttarakhand and lies at a lofty height of 3600 m above sea level. With an opportunity to spot the very rare blue Primula, the Valley Of Flowers trek is one of the best-known treks in the world.
The Valley of Flowers is also believed to be the place from where Hanuman brought the magical herb to resuscitate Lakshman in the Hindu epic Ramayan. Just as you set your foot into the valley, the intoxicating mix of fragrances emitted from the flowers makes you feel in a paradise. The hidden lake at the height of 14,400 ft, creates a hidden coop for numerous species of wildflowers like the saxifrages, sedums, lilies, poppy, calendulas, daisies, geranium, zinnia, and petunia.
Very true to its name, the trek to Valley of Flowers floors you with infinite flowers in full bloom and can actually be renamed as a floral fairytale!
Attain peace of mind at Hemkund Sahib, a Sikh Gurudwara nestled beside a high-altitude dazzling lake largely known as Hemkund, whose literal meaning is “Lake of Snow”
Walk through the colourful floral carpet that is bestowed with the rare and exotic Himalayan flora making it a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Behold a heavenly site, as you enter the valley of flowers where the fairies flutter in the absence of humans according to the local legends
Everyone is set for the Trek for Valley of Flowers. All the enthusiastic trekkers shall gather at Haridwar Railway Station. From the station, it shall be an uphill drive which will be carried out in the vehicles we have arranged for everyone. We will all set forth on our journey to Govindghat which shall embark on the route via Joshimath and Devaprayag. Therefore, the drive shall be full of scenic pleasures and popular sights that you shall be able to witness. On the way, passing Devaprayag we shall witness the holy confluence of Bhagirathi and Alaknanda Rivers to form the River Ganges. It is truly a natural magnificence to see these two very starkly different and magical rivers come together and give rise to the magnificent holy Ganges. After this, we shall arrive at our destination Joshimath, which is home to quite a few important religious pilgrimage locations. We can set ourselves up here, for the night. We shall help you with fun activities, to acclimatize yourself with the weather and climate of the place. After some fun interaction and activities, we shall have a healthy dinner and rest for the day.
Today is the day, our Trek for Valley of Flowers commences. You shall wake up to an enchanting Himalayan sunrise and after a sumptuous breakfast, prepare yourselves for the trek. Fill your bottles and pack your energy bars as well as any other important article you feel you might require. We start trekking towards Ghangaria. The Valley of Flowers trek till Ghangaria is a short 14km gradual ascent. Once we reach Ghangaria, we call it a day. We shall settle here for the night and you are free to explore the tiny hamlet of Ghangaria. We will some fun activities for you like games and exercises which should be fun at the same time, keep you fit and energized. Also, the excitement level shall run high amongst all as tomorrow, we shall finally visit the much-awaited magnificent Valley of Flowers
We shall wake up to the pleasant morning of Ghangaria, full of excitement and vigor as today we shall finally witness the much-awaited pinnacle of this trek. After a healthy and filling breakfast, we shall resume our trek ascending to 3,858m, to arrive at the Valley Of Flowers. This soul relishing sight shall take your breath away! Ahead of you lies nature's masterpiece spread out in form of a blanket of blooming flowers. The plethora of colors stands out amidst the blue sky and cascading Himalayas. Colorful butterflies you had never seen before, shall be fluttering in multiples amidst the meadows. You shall be left speechless at this magical sight. You are free to spend quality time at this fairytale land persuading activities of your heart's delight may it be Yoga, Meditation, photography, nature walk, etc. At the rightful hour, we shall start trekking back to Ghangaria where we are staying. You shall come back with an experience worth remembering a lifetime and we shall all have dinner together. We will play games, have fun discussions or you may rest early as per your wish. The experience of the trek isn't yet over and tomorrow another adventure awaits.
Today we shall trek to the famous Sikh shrine, Hemkund Sahib. The Gurudwara is believed to be the religious site where Guru Gobind Singh, the tenth Sikh Guru had meditated for many years. Encircled by seven snow-capped mountains this place has the essence of peace that is common to places of spiritual value. Therefore, after breakfast, we shall trek on a moderately difficult steep climb for about 4 hours to reach Hemkund Sahib. We shall spend some peaceful and soul calming moments here. We will have our lunch here as well and post-lunch, we shall descend back to Ghangaria. Once back, we shall have our dinner together here and rest for the night.
Today we finally leave Ghangaria village. After a delicious breakfast, we shall retrace the same trek route from Ghangaria to Govindghat. It is an easy trail to descent to Poolna village. If you wish, you can tour Auli in the evening along with fellow trekkers.
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Applicable
On our 6th day, our enriching experience comes to an end. We shall leave Govindghat early so that everyone can leave from Haridwar to their respective destinations, timely. Thus, our wonderful trek to Valley of Flowers comes to an end!
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Backpackers United is the leading and fastest-growing Travel Community, founded in 2017, that offers exceptional travel experiences in India. Our team of young, dynamic, and passionate travelers is committed to exploring the great outdoors through sustainable nature trails. We believe in providing a unique travel experience that takes our fellow travelers off the beaten path to discover the hidden gems of nature. We offer a diverse range of travel services, including treks to unexplored places in both North and South India, Cycling Tours, Holiday Packages, Sightseeing, Backpacking Trips, Corporate treks, Team Outings, Personality Development through adventure activities, experiential learning trips specially curated for school and college students, a variety of Adventure activity packages, and much more. Our experienced travel planning team curates each itinerary to ensure every penny is worth the experience. At Backpackers United, we have executed over 2K trips for more than 20,000 enthusiastic travelers, and our weekend treks and trips from Bengaluru are the perfect way to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. We offer customizable travel packages that cater to specific needs and requirements, ensuring a personalized and memorable experience. Our commitment to sustainable tourism and responsible travel ensures that we leave a positive impact on the communities we visit. We encourage travelers to explore the great outdoors in a way that respects and preserves nature, and we promote eco-friendly practices in all our trips and treks. Join our community of adventure seekers, and experience the thrill of exploring nature in a unique and sustainable way. Book your next adventure with Backpackers United and make unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime.
Tent stay on twin /triple sharing basis
Vegetarian nutritious Meals while on trek.
Professional trek Leader, Guide, and Support staff.
- Personal expenses.
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the inclusion list.
Policy and Terms
- If cancellation are made 15 days before the date of travel then 50.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 7 days to 15 days before the date of travel then 75.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
- If cancellation are made 0 days to 7 days before the date of travel then 100.0% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees
Terms and Conditions
- Any photos or videos taken during the trip by Backpackers United's content creators or clients are owned by Backpackers United and can only be used by the company for advertising purposes. No one else can use the content for commercial use without obtaining proper permission from Backpackers United.
- Full payment for the trip must be completed before the trip begins. Failure to complete payment may result in the cancellation of the trip.
- All travellers must have a valid government-issued ID that will be verified before boarding. No boarding will be allowed without a valid ID.
- The transfer of bookings is not allowed. Only the names mentioned at the time of confirmation will be allowed to travel.
- For international travel, clients must ensure that their passport is valid for at least six months from the date of intended travel and not damaged in any way. Backpackers United is not responsible for clients who book travel with passports that do not meet this requirement. Any denial of entry at immigration or any additional cost arising from alternate arrangements for deportation must be borne by the travellers.
- No refunds will be given for any inclusions that are not utilized by the client.
- Travelers are responsible for their luggage and belongings. Backpackers United is not responsible for any damage or missing items.
- The time of departure is fixed and all travellers must report at the pickup point 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure. The air conditioning will be switched off in the hills and the driver will have the discretion to turn off the AC during the trip for safety reasons.
- Drinking and smoking are strictly prohibited during the tour. Backpackers United's tours involve physically demanding activities such as trekking and camping at high altitudes, so clients are advised to be in good physical shape.
- Backpackers United is not responsible for any accidents, bodily injury, illness, death, loss or damage to baggage or property, or any damages or claims arising from negligence or delay by any person not employed by Backpackers United.
- Any misconduct or indiscipline will not be tolerated during the tour.
- Backpackers United is not responsible for any delays or alterations to the itinerary due to natural hazards, accidents, weather conditions, landslides, political closures, or any untoward incidents.
- Backpackers United does not provide any insurance policies to cover sickness or accidents, or losses due to theft or other reasons.
- Alterations to the itinerary may be necessary due to various factors, such as weather and road conditions, and the physical ability of participants, in the interest of safety, comfort, and general well-being.