WINTER BONANZA! AULI – CHOPTA
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 5 Days 4 Nights
- 50 Slots
- Difficulty - Moderate
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan)
In the laps of the mighty Himalayas in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand lie the epitome of adventure and mystic - Chandrashila and Auli. At an elevation of approximately 13,000 feet above sea level, the Chandrashila Summit is undisputedly one of the most sought-after treks in Uttarakhand. With easy accessibility, it draws trekkers, photographers (Insta-worthy shots guaranteed!), tourists, wanderers, history enthusiasts, bird watchers or simply someone who is just searching for peace, tranquility and rejuvenation. During winters the snow turns the pathway into something unreal. The Tungnath temple of Panch Kedar, in particular, offers a mesmerizing panoramic view of the majestic Himalayan peaks like Nanda Devi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch and Chaukhamba during a clear sky day. Adding Cherry to the Top is ‘Auli’ - A paradise on earth. It is a man-made ski ground and popular “Skiing” spot in India. Locally people call it “Auli Bugyal” i.e., meadows. Thousands of visitors every year visit Auli for many activities and nearby attractions. In Auli, one can enjoy panoramic views of lofty Himalayas. Auli looks more astounding in winters because of snow-covered landscapes. Well, we suggest you why not just visit us and decide for yourself.
This soulful Chopta-Auli tour traces the path from Joshimath - Auli - Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila, Sari-Deoriatal. Each place is like the extra layer of frosting to the cake, and it is the most magical adventure.
So, strap up your bags to join the most extraordinary Auli Chopta trip with an extremely passionate group of people! It will most likely emerge as a perfect start to your lifelong tryst with the Himalayas.
Who should attend?
Auli is a charming hill town in Uttarakhand. Although famous as a paradise for skiing lovers, the town is charming all through the year. But, it is in winter that visitors can partake in some of the best things to do in Auli. To begin with, one can simply soak in the ethereal beauty of the snow-covered destination. And Chopta serves as a base camp to famous treks to Tungnath and Chandrashilla. It is potpourri of beautiful birds, lush greenery around, azure blue skies, vampire-white mountains and stars like scattered moon-dust in the sky. With a blend of adventure and tranquility, it suits almost everyone's taste. Anyone can attend this trip as a beginner also.
Traveller / Ertiga / Dzire / Similar
The journey starts from Haridwar. Time is of the essence in any experience. Joshimath is around 272 km away and takes approximately 8 hours to reach. Route -We make our way through Rishikesh, Devprayag, Srinagar, Rudraprayag, before reaching Joshinmath. The estimated arrival time is around lunch. Long journeys can be exhausting for some, hence this fairly early arrival gives you time to relax and rejuvenate, and for those not too tired from the journey it is a picturesque location, an eye candy for the shutterbugs. You can go around the market and explore the cute little shops around, famous sightseeing points – Kalpavriksha, Narsingh Temple, Shankarcharya Math. Early to bed and early to rise is definitely what we prefer. We advise our travellers to get proper rest before we get up, close, and personal with Auli also known famously as the winter adventure capital of India the following day.
Haridwar Railway Station
Traveler / Ertiga / Dzire / Similar
Wake up and hop in the vehicle, in 15 mins we will reach and begin with the much-awaited Auli tour. Get ready for adventurous activities including Skiing, cable car, gondola rides, Artificial Lake, Gorson Bugyal (weather dependent) and so much more. Post spending the day at Auli later in the evening head back to Joshimath to retire for the day.
Traveler / Ertiga / Dzire / Similar
Say bye to Joshimath and start driving towards Chopta.On the way watch the beautiful Sangam of rivers at Rudraprayag. Reach Chopta early in the evening. You can go around the campsite and explore the trails around. The forests around here appear like those straight out of a movie. Early to bed and early to rise is definitely what we prefer. We advise our travellers to get proper rest before we get up, close and personal with Chandrashila also known lovingly as the Moonpeak the following day.
(Packed Lunch / Evening Tea)
Up, Uppity Up! As we gear up for the most enthralling day of the Deoriatal Chopta Chandrashila trek we attempt to climb the summit which is one of the most captivating and unparalleled of any summits that you might have witnessed. (If the weather gods permit). This reminds us there are various legends associated with this place. According to a popular folklore, this is the place where lord Rama meditated after defeating the demon-king Ravana. Another legend says that moon-god Chandra spent time here in penance. The trek from Chopta to Tungnath is approximately 3 km in distance and a further ascend of 1.5 km steep ascend leads to the summit of Chandrashila. The trail till Tungnath from Chopta is a well paved cemented trail and further from Tungnath to Chandrashila, the trail becomes a little rickety.
For those who are ardent lovers of history - The Tungnath Temple is one of the Panch Kedar temples and is considered the highest temple of Lord Shiva in the world. The legend states that sage Vyas Rishi advised the Pandavas that since they were responsible for killing their own kin the Kauravas during the Kurukshetra war in Mahabharat, their act could be pardoned only by Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva being miffed with Pandavas disguised himself as a bull. Parts of this bull appeared in 5 different places, each of these identified as a Panch Kedar. The Pandavas built temples at each of these locations to seek penance, worship, blessings and pardon from Lord Shiva. Tungnath is identified as the place where the hands were seen. The trek is pleasant but is a very steep climb. It ascends sharply towards the end.
You can also notice a change in the landscape due to an increase in the altitude. The tree line ends before Tungnath temple and after that, you may find only shrubs. It normally takes around 3 hours to reach the Tunganth temple from Chopta and another 1 hour to reach the Chandrashila summit from the temple. Once at the top of the peak, you get a panoramic view of the mountains of Garhwal and Kumaon. The Chandrashila Peak is at an altitude of 4000 meters above sea level. It offers perfect panoramic views of remarkable peaks of Uttarakhand such as Kedarnath, Mandani, Chaukhamba, Nanda Devi, Nanda Ghunti, Hathi, Ghodi, etc.
After capturing some beautiful shots at the summit, the trek back to Chopta is via the same route taken while ascending. It takes approx. 30 minutes to reach Tungnath and another 60 -90 minutes to reach Chopta from Tungnath.
Traveler / Ertiga / Dzire / Similar
Stay Not Included
Bidding farewell to Chopta we drive back from Chopta to Haridwar, bid our goodbyes to our new friends, and fall back into the comfort of our home with all the beautiful memories from the trip. You can book a return journey post 8 pm.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
We are excited to introduce our organisation TravelMite Outdoors (TravelMite), which is specialised in organising experience based Treks and Accommodation to Uttarakhand in India. We have been in the Industry for the past 4 years and our operations have been thoroughly vetted, audited and endorsed on the parameters of sustainability and excellence in operations, services and customer care. You can thus be assured that we have pledged to uphold and maintain the highest standards on the above criteria. We have had the opportunity to make over 7000+ guests experience what true adventure is. We offer multiple touch points to add value to our customer’s experience.Our dedication to creating outstanding travel experiences has allowed us to build quite a fan base. The organisation and the team truly believe in providing individuals with a memorable adventure, which can be backed by our social media reviews/testimonials – Facebook, Google Review
Next Upcoming On
Friday - April 7, 2023
Need Help? Directly Contact Host
- 2 Nights’ accommodation in Swiss Camps in Chopta
- 2 Night’s Accommodations in Hotel in Joshimath
- Meals (All Veg):
- Chopta 5 Meals in total – 1 Packed Lunch (on trekking day), 2 Dinners, 2 Breakfast)
- Joshimath (4 Meals in total - 2 Dinners, 2 Breakfast)
- Trekking guide for Tungnath Chandrashila trekking.
- Exclusive Non-AC Vehicle dedicated for the Group during the entire Tour
- Vehicle type: Tempo Traveller / Ertiga / Bolero / Sumo / Swift Desire or similar
- Driver Allowances, toll taxes, parking, state taxes.
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Any additional expenses such as of personal nature/excursions/medical exigency not mentioned in the inclusions (skiing, gondola ride, cable ride etc).
- Forest Entry Fees.
- Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delayed travel.
- Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions.
- Any Airfare/Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of transportation from which is outside the itinerary.
- Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Landslides, Roadblocks, and other natural calamities.
- Any other services not specified above in inclusions.
- In case there is a road blockage due to heavy snowfall, the tempo traveller /car might not be able to travel further. In those cases, 4X4 would need to be booked thereon. That would be chargeable and the cost would be split and paid by the guests.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Clothing - including thermal pants and shirts, a pair of woollen gloves, woollen and sun caps, 3 pairs of woollen socks, a woollen scarf, thick jackets, etc.
- At least 1 litres of bottled water and instant food like cookies and cakes.
- Necessary toiletries like hand sanitizers, towels, napkins, etc.
- Extra plastic bags
- Sunglasses and lip balms.
- Waterproof rucksack and rain cover for rucksack.
- Medical kit, including any prescribed medicines
- Torch with fresh batteries
- Relevant trekking and camping gear like trekking shoes, trekking backpack, trekking poles, etc.
- Power Bank
- Extra Pair of Slipper/Shoes
- Tiffin Box for pack lunch(If opted)
- Medication( if any prescribed by doctor)
Haridwar Railway Station
HOW TO REACH
By train: The nearest railway station is at Haridwar Railway Station. Your trekking experience to Auli starts from here.
By road: Hire a cab or you can ride any vehicle. Reach Haridwar Railway Station. From here we will pick you up for your entralling journey ahead.
By air: From Indira Gandhi Delhi International airport, hire a cab to reach Haridwar Railway Station. Your trekking experience to Auli starts from here.
Policy and Terms
- Booking Amount is non refundable.
- If the guest doesn't show up the complete booking will be non-refundable or if they choose to check-out early.
- No cancellations will be taken over the call or WhatsApp message. Please reply to the email of email confirmation that you have received at the time of booking regarding the cancellation.
- There would be no refund provided in case some problems occur due to government orders, harsh weather conditions, protests, landslides, or any other unforeseen circumstances. On the occasion of any such happenings, we have a backup plan ready most of the time and we'll be moving onto that. There are times when we would have to cancel some activities mentioned in the itinerary but it's only due to the reason that we would be bound by a circumstance that is not in our control.
- If a trek/trip is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.) then the participants would be provided with a travel voucher for the same amount that can be used within 365 days of the issuance date for any package worth the same amount. (Subject to availability)
- If a trek/trip has to be aborted midway due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.). In that case, no refund would be provided.
- Travelmite will not bear any extra expense due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.).
Terms and Conditions
In keeping with Government regulations, we request all guests (on single/double/triple/quad occupancy) to carry a photo identity to present on check-in. Foreign nationals are required to present their valid passport and visa. Indian nationals can present any government issued photo identity address proof card e.g. driving license, passport, Aadhar card or voter’s ID card. PAN Card will not be accepted as the above. Also do keep handy proof of corporate affiliations, if you have made a corporate booking.
The Government of India has introduced a ‘no smoking’ rule for hotels, restaurants and all public places. This means smoking is prohibited in all parts of the campsite except in designated areas.
50% payment at the time of Confirmation. Balance payment upon Boarding.
Please note that the rooms and the rate will be confirmed subject to availability, at the time of receipt of the advance deposit details.
Our check-in time is 2 pm and our check-out time is 10 am.
Check-in Early/Late, or sleep in and check-out late, we will be happy to oblige however is subject to availability. Both may entail a nominal additional charge.
If the behaviour of any guest is likely to cause distress or harm to them or others, our member of staff or other team members, our on ground Guide/Staff reserve the right to terminate their tour at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a result. We will not entertain any claims arising in case such actions are taken by our staff.
The guests are responsible for their belongings. For any loss/damage Travelmite/third party will not be held responsible.
Since we do cater treks i.e Chopta- Chandrashila, The WAIVER OF LIABILITY, RELEASE OF LIABILITY, and ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT form needs to be duly signed by each guest before the commencement of any trip.
What is special about Auli?
Auli is a famous hill station and a popular winter destination as ski resort of India, known for its snowy slopes, Auli has everything that an ideal tourist dreamed for like Himalayan Views, Meadows, adventure activities, romantic vistas, cable cars and much more.
Is it safe to travel to Auli?
Local people of Auli are very humble and even make sure that all the tourists are safe and sound. Lastly, common sense is always important to keep oneself out of troubles.
What kind of weather can be expected in Auli?
Summer in Auli stays from April to June making this period very pleasant with temperate and cool climate. Monsoon season can be avoided from June to You can feel the chills of winter at Auli from October itself which gets intense from December to February, this is also the time when it snows heavily here.
Is there ATM facility available in Auli?
ATMs are not available in Auli. There are few ATMs available in Joshimath.
What is the best time for Skiing in Auli?
Although skiing is subjected to snowfall and weather conditions in Auli, but still time between late January and February are the perfect months for learning skiing on the slopes of Auli.
From where can I get the Skiing gear in Auli?
Skiing gear can be rented from Joshimath and Auli, there are a few local vendors in Auli who provides the skiing gear on rental basis.
When can I expect snowfall in Auli?
Mostly snowfall occurs between the months December to March Auli. This time is most suitable to visit here for winter sports like skiing and hiking.
What Fairs and Festivals are celebrated in Auli?
• Mata Murti Ka Mela Celebrated in the month of September, the Mata Murti Ka Mela is a religious festival for the Hindus. On this day, Shri Badrinath's mother is worshipped and a large procession is held at the Badrinath temple.
• Auli Winter Carnival During peak winters, Auli comes to life as it celebrates its snow day in January or February. The icy slopes in Auli start to buzz with skiers and snowboarders allowing them to indulge in this extremely fun sport. Ski Events are also held on the slopes of Auli in January and February.
Which is the nearest airport to Auli?
The nearest airport to Auli is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun which is approximately 285 kms from Auli.
What are nearby places one can go from Auli?
There are few other places which can be visited from Auli. The town of Joshimath is just 16 kms away from Auli. The famous shrine of Badrinath is at a distance of 60 kms from Auli. In addition to that, famous town of Mana is just 4 kms from Badrinath.
Where is Chopta located?
Chopta is located in the district of Uttarakhand.
Is Chopta safe?
The trip to Chopta carries zero risk. Yet occasionally it is determined by the weather god.
Why Chopta is called Mini Switzerland?
Located at a height of 2700 metres, Chopta is also known as "Mini Switzerland" because of its meadows and luscious green pastures. Chopta has a diverse array of Rhododendron and Deodar trees, as well as a wealth of flora and wildlife.
What is Tungnath famous for?
Tungnath is one of the highest Shiva temples in the world and is the highest of the five Panch Kedar temples.
Is Tungnath Trek difficult ?
The level of difficulty for the Tungnath walk is simple to moderate. Yet, a convenient and easy hike would benefit from having a reasonable degree of fitness.
What time of year is ideal for Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila?
Between April and June is the ideal time to visit Chopta Tungnath. Trek between April and November if you want to visit Tungnath Temple. The temple is closed other than during these months.
What is the height of Tungnath?
Tungnath is 13,100 feet tall. From Deoria Tal, the difficult ascent goes to Chopta via Rohini Bugyal in order to reach Tungnath.
Is covid certificate required?
Is it recommended to bring kids to this trip?
Children younger than 10 years old are not advised for group outings. Children older than 10 years old are welcome to join us if they are healthy (no history of a breathing ailment specifically) and can withstand the elements.
Are washroom/toilet facilities available on the trek?
The swiss camps along with attached washrooms are arranged for the stay at Chopta and the guest house facilities come with the attached washroom too.
What is the room sharing basis?
Our rooms are on double, triple, and quad sharing basis. (Offers are subject to availability.)
Can I get a room to myself?
Yes. Depending on availability. For pricing information on the single occupancy accommodation, kindly contact us on 8010000205.
Can you customize a trip?
YES, If you want us to design a customized itinerary for you and your family/friends, reach out to us at [email protected] or Call us at 8010000205.
More From TravelMite
[[ event.name ]]
From [[price.price | number:0]]/ per person
From [[event.price | number:0]]/ per person
[[ batch.startdate|date]] [[batch.soldout ? ' (Soldout)':'']]