Winter-Spiti Bike Expedition
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- Motorbike Expedition
All About It
- 15 Slots
- Difficulty - Moderate
- For 20+ years
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan)
Winters in Spiti are extremely harsh and temperatures sometimes drop to as low as -20º Celsius. Winters here are frigid and there is no running water in taps. All that Spiti has in winters is the never-ending adventure and a white blanket of snow! Known for its rugged terrain, a trip during Winter gets a lot trickier. It's an biking expedition in Extreme Winters of Spiti Valley.
Biking Expedition Extreme Winters Snow Ride
Who should attend?
Adventure Lovers Expedition Lovers Snow Lovers Drifters Explorers
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Applicable
Board on volvo from Kashmiri Gate ISBT / Majnu ka Tilla by evening. Overnight journey to shimla.
Reach shimla by morning & freshen up at Dhaba/Restaurant ,get ready to start your biking journey ,collect bikes and get ready to Depart from Shimla to Rampur,it will be a journey of approx 2 hrs enroute visit kufri, Hatu peak (narkanda). Reach rampur by evening, check-in at the hotel. Have a delicious dinner and over night stay at hotel
Wake up early morning have breakfast and check out from the hotel. After Check-out from the hotel, we will head towards Chitkul. It will be a ride of approx 5-6 hrs. Enjoy the view enroute. Sangla is a town in the Baspa Valley, also referred to as the Sangla valley, in the Kinnaur District of Himachal Pradesh, India, close to the Tibetan border. Reach Chitkul by evening check-in at the Camps & visit 'THE LAST INDIAN VILLAGE'. Have delicious dinner and over night stay at camps/hotel.
Early morning wake up and start journey towards nako. A ride of 5-6 hrs Journey. Nako Lake is a high altitude lake in the Pooh sub-division of the Kinnaur district. It forms part of the boundary of Nako village and seems that the village is half buried in the lake’s border. It is about 3,662 metres (12,014 ft) above sea level. The lake is surrounded by willow and poplar trees. Check in at Homestay and have dinner.
After breakfast, Check out from homestay and start your journey towards Kaza. enroute visit Gue Monastry ,Dhankar Monastry, Dhankar Helipad. After visiting Dhankar Monestry start ride to Kaza ,It will be a journey of approx 2 hrs. Check in at Hotel/ Homestay at Kaza .Enjoy the delcious local food.
After Breakfast ,leave for Kaza local exploration. Visit the local Monasteries Kibber and Key, Chicham, Langza and witness the highest post office of the world in Hikkim , visit the highest village Komik .Visit local kaza market in eve . Get back to hotel/homestay and have the delicious dinner .
After breakfast, Get your bikes ready for your return journey to Kalpa. It will be a ride of approx. 6-7 hrs. Kalpa is situated in Kangra district and major attraction of Kalpa is Roghi Village Suicide point. Reach Kalpa by evening and Check in at hotel with Dinner.
Wake up early morning , have breakfast. Check out from hotel and leave for Shimla . It will be approx 6-7 hrs Journey. Reach shimla by evening and return your bikes to the point and Board bus and depart for Delhi.
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Applicable
it will be overnight journey from delhi to Shimla.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Journey Basket was found when the two adventure junkies decided to convert their passion into a full time commitment, over a Bike Ride to Nepal, Sikkim and Bhutan. We have a team full of specialists for Himalayan Treks, Motorbike Expeditions, Leisure Trips and others so that you don't just visit a place but also witness the world from new lenses. Journey Basket strives to deliver the perfect holiday experience for everyone. We plan each and every itinerary to give the authentic flavor of every location. So that, you don't just visit the place but live and breath the culture of the land. To provide the Aha! moment to our customers, we weave special little touches to surprise them and deliver a dream holiday. We like to call it the Journey Basket Thinking.
Need Help? Directly Contact Host
Overall experience of our winter spiti expedition 2020 is fabulous.....the JB team is very experienced and cooperative. Accommodation, food, support system is very good. Wish to join more trips with JB in futureOverall experience of our winter spiti expedition 2020 is fabulous.....the JB team is very experienced and cooperative. Accommodation, food, support system is very good. Wish to join more trips with JB in future
RIDING TO SPITY IN WINTER WITH JOURNEY BASKET WAS ONE OF THE BEST EXPERIENCE I HAD TRIP WAS WELL MANAGED FOOD, ACCOMMODATION EVERYTHING WAS TOP QUALITY. OUR TEAM CAPTAIN MR.PANKAJ HANDLE EVERY SITUATION VERY WELL.HE TAKES GOOD DECISION. WE ALL ENJOYED THE TRIP VERY MUCH. THIS BIKE RIDE WAS THE MOST MEMORABLE RIDE OF MY LIFE. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO PLAN MORE VACATIONS WITH JOURNEY BASKET. THANKS JOURNEY BASKET FOR SUCH A MEMORABLE TRIP.I ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO PANKAJ, FAIZAL, SOHAIL BHAI AND EVERYONE FOR SUCH A MEMORABLE TRIP.
I had the opportunity to go with JB for the Winter Spiti Ride 2020. It was wonderfully planned and executed. Although we had issues of road blockages, it was very wonderfully managed by Pankaj, the team Captain. The stay at all places were comfortable. The overall experience was very good and would definitely recommend JB
• Accommodation on Quad/Triple sharing basis as per itinerary in hotels/Home Stay mentioned or similar. • Daily Breakfast and Dinner. • Bike + Fuel (strictly as per itinerary) • Dedicated tour Guide and Group leader. • Back up vehicle and mechanic support. • Volvo Tickets • Medical kit • An Oxygen Cylinder 24X7 in the Backup Vehicle in case of emergency. • All sightseeing and excursions as per the itinerary.
• Meals which are not mentioned in inclusions. • Any personal expenses like laundry, telephone bills, and tips. Etc. • Any expenses arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks, route changes Etc. (to be borne by the client directly on the spot.) • Tip to driver and tour escort person. • Any other item which is not specified under cost inclusions. • All applicable taxes. •Any kind of expenses, arising due to accident, physical damage to the bike, or forfeiting the ride at any point in time, the transportation charge or expense will be borne by the client. • Travel Insurance.
THINGS TO CARRY
Pair of socks
Majnu ka tila
HOW TO REACH
Metro/Auto/CabsGoto Google Maps
Policy and Terms
• In case of cancellation for group from organizer side due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will try to transfer the booking in other departure (if client denies to opt for transfer of booking to other group then there will be no refund). Else we will refund 100% amount deposited.
• In case of cancellation from client side after the registration at any point of time, then in that case there will be no refund.
• Registration amount is non refundable
• If you want to change your tour date, you have to inform us 30 days prior to the departure date.
• If you want to cancel your trip, you have to keep us informed at least 20 days prior to the departure date. If you informed us 15 days prior to the departure date, 25% amount would be refunded, and under 15 days 50% amount would be refunded.
• If in case you have opted for 1 bike 2 rider options and your pillion rider cancelled in any reason then you have to take the solo rider package.
• if in case you inform us to change travel date 15 days prior to the ride date, then your booking amount is cancelled and you have to re-register.
Terms and Conditions
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR BOOKING:
• 5000/- to be paid as booking registration amount.
• 50% of the tour cost to be deposited in our account before 30 days of departure.
• Remaining balance to be paid before 15 days of departure.
• All bookings & confirmations are subject to availability of accommodation in specified hotels.
• Kindly note that cheque is not acceptable.
• Guests, who are unable to visit our offices for booking, can deposit amount in the bank account or can make payment online through net banking.
• Also, after making the transfer, intimate the same to us by sending scanned copy/screenshot of bank slip and personal details.
• Any extra transfers required during the tour will be charged extra. Anything that is explicitly not mentioned in the inclusions and optional as suggested in the itinerary, are not a part of this package. Images shown about the place, city, hotel, attractions, etc. are for illustration purpose only and may not be the same as linked to the itinerary or services provided.
• Cost and consequences arising due to any force major situations due to unforeseen circumstances like; natural calamities, political disturbances, health issues, flight delays / cancellations, things beyond our control, etc. will have to be borne by the guest.
• Airport transfers and coach tours are based on all guest traveling together in same flight, any additional transfers will not be provided if guest travel on different airlines.
• There will be additional charges for the passengers would like to stay back at the destination or transit.
• If you are carrying gifts, brochures, standees, placards, t-shirts, stationery, backdrops, laptops, projector, snacks or any such items for distribution purpose, then it is sole discretion of customs authority or regulations.
• Duties or gratuities, if any will be payable by the guest/corporate only.
• Maximum luggage weight allowed is 10 Kgs per participant; anything above 10 Kgs is chargeable at Rs. 1500 per Kg. Don’t carry suitcases or trolley Bags.
• Any changes in itinerary or upgrade in hotels will be charged extra, over and above the given cost (which will be informed to the customer in advance for final acceptance and payment).
• In case of any issue regarding stay customer has to stay in multiple sharing.
• In Spiti Maximum sightseeing will be covered as per the itinerary depedning on the weather and other conditions
• 10,000 ` required as a security deposit per bike which is refundable at the end of trip.
• Minimum 15 People or 10 bikes required to run Any Batch. If in case people do not gather so JB journey basket Pvt ltd. Reserve the right to postpone or cancel the Group
Q.1 What is the lowest Temperature in Spiti Valley in winters?
Ans- it Dips at Night Between -15 to -20 Degree Celcius.
Q.2 What Kind of Food is Available in Homestays?
Ans- Food is Basic,Tasty and Hygenic.
Q.3 Do you Provide room Heaters in Hotel/Homestays?
Ans- Yes, It will be Available on Additional Costont.
Q.4 How will be the condition of the Bike you will be Providing?
Ans- As it is an Extreme Expedition, We Try to provide Latest Models of Bike Which are in Perfect Condition.
Q.5 Do you Provide Biking Gears?
Ans- Only Helmet is provided, Rest can be Availed at Extra Cost.
Q.6 Do we Require Snow Chain for This Ride?
Ans- No, We Don't Provide Snowchains. As They are not practically Efficient on Bikes while riding on Black Ice. We tackle those situations by deflating the Tyres or In worst Scenarios, tieng Nylon Ropes.
Q.7 What if we Quit Ride in Between?
Ans- If someone quits Ride in Between they are Liable to pay the Transportation of bike to Shimla.
More From Journey Basket
[[ event.name ]]
From [[price.price | number:0]]/ per person
From [[event.price | number:0]]/ per person
[[ batch.startdate|date]] [[batch.soldout ? ' (Soldout)':'']]