Meghalaya Bike & Backpacking Trip
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 6 Days 5 Nights
- 0 Slots
- Best Season - Spring (Feb, March, April) Monsoon (Aug, Sept, Oct)
Meghalaya backpacking trip is a custom-tailored experience including serenity, peace, and adventure all at the same time
Now, the name Meghalaya has its own significance. It means the land of clouds in the Sanskrit language. The name is true in all sense as Meghalaya is the wettest place globally and is usually covered with clouds
Now, Meghalaya is famous for various things and Limestone Caves is one of them. These caves can also be considered as one of the many specialties of the place. Also, the caves have another name for themselves and are rightly called ‘Caves in the Abode of the Clouds’.
Moving on, adventure sport is also one of the reasons people go to Meghalaya. So, activities like trekking, camping, mountaineering, rock-climbing, and water sports are all part of the pack here
The peace and serenity of the place mixed with options for unleashing the adventure junkie in you make it one of the perfect destinations to visit in India
Best time to visit Meghalaya is between October to June when the weather in Meghalaya is nice. During this time, one can enjoy the full experience of visiting Meghalaya
Avoid the state during heavy rainfall season at all you'll end up is one foot deep muddy waters all over the place and your trip would be ruined in that case
Coming back to the attractions, Shillong enjoys a pleasant atmosphere, beautiful lakes, lush green mountains, pine forests, exotic orchids, and more. Which combine to make it one of the finest hill stations in the North East
While covering 4 essentials locations in Meghalaya, Shillong, Cherrapunee (Sohra), Dawki, and Mawlynnong, we get to explore more. It's not just about the places but variations in culture, cuisines, and rituals followed by the people, and more
Additionally, In Meghalaya, every other city has its own significance. Such as Shillong being the rock capital, Mawlynnong the cleanest village in Asia, Cherapunjee the wettest place on Earth, and Dawki being famous for crystal clear water
Due to the reason that all this and more are covered in our itinerary, you'll be having a fun, and memorable trip experience.
- The group will assemble at the pick-up point in Guwahati around 10:30 AM where a brief introduction by the trip captain will be provided.
- Afterwards, we'll head to Shillong which is a beautiful hill station nestled in the heart of Meghalaya. It is popularly known as the “Scotland of the East” for its unmatched beauty.
- Upon reaching Shillong, we'll check into our hotels and spend some leisure time. In the evening, we'll go to Cafe Hopping and explore the Local market of Shillong as well. Overnight stay in Shillong.
Note: The riders will be allotted their respective bikes in Guwahati City.
- After early morning breakfast, we'll head towards Dawki which is famous for the fascinating turquoise Dawki river that resembles a glass surface.
- En route, we'd visit the Krang Shuri waterfall which is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Meghalaya with its silky cascading water. We'll also be visiting Laitlum Canyons which is a vantage point from where you get to see a panoramic view of the valleys of Meghalaya.
- Upon arrival in Dawki, we'll check into our riverside camps in Shnongpdeng which is a small village tucked peacefully within the borders of the town. In the evening, we'll host a bonfire.
- Dinner followed by an overnight stay in camps in Shnongpdeng.
- Post breakfast, We'll indulge in adventure activities like Cliff Jumping, Boating, and Snorkeling, in the sparkling river.
- Afterward, we'll head towards Cherrapunji which is popular for its living root bridges and for the abundance of rainfall that this town witness every year.
- En route, we’ll be traversing the Indo-Bangla Border as we visit Mawlynnong which holds the title of Asia's cleanest village and seems like a vast orchard of green canopies spreading across. The village also offers breathtaking views of the neighboring Bangladesh plains.
- Upon our arrival in Cherrapunji, we'll check into our hotel where we'll spend the night.
- After early morning breakfast, We'll also visit the Seven Sister falls which is a beautiful seven-segmented waterfall stretching along a rocky cliff. Afterward, we'll be visiting one of the most notable landmarks in Cherrapunji which is the Mawsmai Caves. The caves are made of limestone with stunning stalactites adorning the roofs giving them a mystical charm.
- Then we'll head towards Nongriat village and start our trek to the iconic Double Decker Living Roots Bridge. The trail consists of gushing sound of river, cluster of colorful butterflies, and enchanting forests making it extremely fulfilling.
- Afterward, we'll head back to the hotel. Overnight stay in Cherrapunji.
- After early morning breakfast, we'll check out of our hotel and head towards Shillong.
- En route, We will visit the Nokalikai waterfall which is the tallest plunge waterfall in Meghalaya with a staggering height of 1,115 ft. We’ll also visit Wei Swadong which is a three-tiered waterfall and is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Meghalaya.
- Upon arrival in Shillong, we'll check in to our hotel where we will spend the night.
- After early morning breakfast, we'll check out of our hotel rooms and head back to Guwahati. En route, we'd visit the popular Umiam Lake which is one of the biggest artificial lakes in Meghalaya.
- Upon reaching Guwahati, the group will go their separate ways, to their respective cities according to their own scheduled departure.
- End of Tour.
Note: Book your return flight for this day after consulting with your handler.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
“Main akela hi chala tha janib-e-manzil magar, log judte gaye aur karwaan banta gaya.” - Majrooh Sultanpuri Every brand starts off with a dream and as you walk the path of turning your vision into a reality, overcoming every hurdle and road block the journey has to offer you, you grow in irrevocable ways. Back when we first started JustWravel in 2015, we knew that no matter how high we might fly, we will never forget our roots and today, even after becoming a family of more than 25k people, our core values remain the same and we will make sure they will stay the same for years to come. The reason behind starting this venture was simple, to give people a chance to explore all the wonders this beautiful country has to offer and that meant unraveling hidden nooks and corners that are not as mainstream as other travel destinations. To make sure that passionate adventurers of our country could have a reliable platform that provided them the best traveling experience, be it fixed departure group tours, road trips to Ladakh, or the best treks in India.
Next Upcoming On
Saturday - April 8, 2023
Need Help? Directly Contact Host
Spiti trip has been amazing. All the accommodations and services provided by JustWravel were really great and comfortable. Will definitely pick JustWravel for my future expeditions.
views. There will be some places that'll make you speechless and you'll want to just sit and appreciate the beauty of nature. Would definitely plan next trips with Piyush and justwravel! :D
Great Experience! We took Justwravel's road trip package to Spiti Valley. The package is well organized covering main sightseeings and places to visit. All the accommodations and travel arrangements were comfy and included most of the promised amenities. Special thanks to Piyush Rawat, our coordinator, he managed and acted his best in all the situations. His jolliness added more fun to the trip. Although many destinations were covered in a short period of time, the trip was relaxing. Thanks for such memorable moments of our lives.
Spiti valley was a life time experience. Justwravel had been a good choice for the trip. It had managed professionally with minor ups and downs. Most of the places were covered. The hotels and homestays had good hygienic facilities and conditions. Overall it was a good experience!
It was my first solo trip with Justwravel and I couldn't Have asked for anything more. They gave me everything beyond expectations. The food, the people, the travel everything was superb. Once I came back I felt like I left my home and family there. Looking forward to more exciting trips with them :)
I had the pleasure of visiting spiti this time with justwravel accompanied by Mr.Nishant Bhardwaj from the company .It was a nearly organised,well crafted trip where even small things were taken good care of.They add a personal loving touch in addition to the services they provide.I would recommend this to everyone ,whether going on a solo trip like me or going with friends / family .
Pickup & Drop according to fixed timing.
Transportation: In Tempo Traveler from Guwahati to Guwahati.
Bike Rent & Fuel from Guwahati to Guwahati.
Riding Gears: Knee guard, Elbow guard, Helmet.
*Note: Due to comfort and safety reasons, we recommend you all to carry your own helmets for the ride. The helmets which we provide are of standard size so there can be some discrepancies regarding the sizes.
Two nights accommodation (Hotel stay) in Shillong
Two nights accommodation (Hotel/Homestay) in Cherrapunji
One night accommodation (camps) in Dawki
Breakfast in Shillong and Cherrapunji
Dinner and Breakfast in Dawki
Cliff Jumping Dawki
Snorkelling in Dawki
Boating in Dawki
Bonfire + Barbeque at Dawki
Parking and Entry Tickets
Local Guide for Double Decker Bridge
First aid kits
Early check-in at the hotel.
Any additional expenses of personal nature.
Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delayed travel.
Cost Of Any Spare Part Which Will Be Used Due To The Accidental Damage Incurred When The Motorbike Is In Rider’s Possession.
Cost Incurred To Transfer Or Tow The Motorbike In Case It Is Dropped On The Way.
Vehicle Servicing Or Maintenance Cost.
Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions.
Any Airfare / Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of transportation from Guwahati to Guwahati.
Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Landslides, Roadblocks, and other natural calamities.
A security deposit of Rs. 5,000/- per motorbike. As per the deposit policy, this amount is refundable if there is no damage or spare parts used by the end of the trip. The Amount will be refunded within 5 Working Days.
Any other services not specified above in Inclusions.
THINGS TO CARRY
Rucksack (60 Liters+)
Backpack Rain Cover
UV Protected Sunglasses
Comfortable Pants (Prefer Cargo/Trek Pants )
Socks (2 Cotton)
Sturdy Comfortable Shoes
First Aid Kit
Mobile Charger/Travel Charger
Sunscreen Lotion (SPF 20+)
Documents – ID (Driver’s License, AADHAR Card, Voter ID:: Passport and Visa copy for Foreign Nationals)
Policy and Terms
No cancellations will be taken over the call or WhatsApp message. Please reply to the email of the payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking regarding the cancellation.
Free Cancellation up to 60 days before the departure date (Booking amount is non-refundable)
If you're canceling the trip and opting for a refund within 59 days to 45 days of the Departure Date then only 10% of the total trip cost (calculated after subtracting the booking amount) along with the booking amount (non-refundable) will be charged as a cancellation fee and remaining sum would be refunded.
If you're canceling the trip and opting for a refund within 44 Days to 30 Days of the Departure Date then only 25% of the total trip cost (calculated after subtracting the booking amount) along with the booking amount (non-refundable) will be charged as a cancellation fee and remaining sum would be refunded.
If you're canceling the trip and opting for a refund within 29 Days to 15 Days of the Departure Date then only 50% of the total trip cost (calculated after subtracting the booking amount) along with the booking amount (non-refundable) will be charged as a cancellation fee and remaining sum would be refunded.
If you're canceling the trip and opting for a refund within15 Days to 8 Days of the Departure Date then only 75% of the total trip cost (calculated after subtracting the booking amount) along with the booking amount (non-refundable) will be charged as a cancellation fee and remaining sum would be refunded.
If you're canceling the trip and opting for a refund within 7 Days from the Departure Date then 100% of the total trip cost (calculated after subtracting the booking amount) along with the booking amount (non-refundable) will be charged as a cancellation fee and remaining sum would be refunded.
You are not applicable for a refund if you fail to show up on the day of departure under the given timeline that has been provided to you beforehand.
There would be no refund provided in case there occur some problems due to government orders, harsh weather conditions, protests, landslides, or any other unforeseen circumstances. On the occasion of any such happenings, we have a backup plan ready most of the time and we'll be moving onto that. There are times when we would have to cancel some activities mentioned in the itinerary but it's only due to the reason that we would be bound by a circumstance that is not in our control.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.) then the participants would be provided with a travel voucher for the same amount that can be used within 365 days of the issuance date for any package worth the same amount.
If a trek/trip has to be aborted midway due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.). In that case, no refund would be provided.
JustWravel will not bear any extra expense due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.).
Cancellations policy differs for popular destinations and also during peak season, kindly confirm with your operator once
More From Just Wravel
[[ event.name ]]
From [[price.price | number:0]]/ per person
From [[event.price | number:0]]/ per person
[[ batch.startdate|date]] [[batch.soldout ? ' (Soldout)':'']]