All Girls Backpacking Trip to Meghalaya
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 6 Days 5 Nights
If you are looking for an all girls backpacking trip then meghalaya could be your pick. Meghalaya is also known as the ‘Abode of the clouds’, meaning home of the clouds. This hilly state in India is an attractive spot to visit and as you may have already guessed, is covered by the clouds
Now, Meghalaya, as we all know, is one of the states among the most beautiful, seven sisters states. The seven sisters are nothing but the seven northeastern states of India which are gifted with flora and fauna.
Having such extensive beauty, Meghalaya gets on the top places to visit on every travelers bucket list
The best time to visit Meghalaya is during the summer and winter season. During this season the weather in Meghalaya is nice and dry, for you to fully embrace the experience
Now, Summer is the time of celebration in Meghalaya as during this time Summer festivals are organized here. You get a glimpse of their traditions, lifestyle, hobbies, and skills while you’re at one of these Summer Festivals
When a lot of people would be dealing with the scorching heat, you could be cherishing the pleasing environment near the waterfalls of Meghalaya. The feeling amidst nature is breathtaking and relaxing at the same time
Locals of Meghalaya are kind and helpful, and the state is quite safe for your loved ones including any female counterpart. So, girls can travel and make a lot of memories within the state while not being worried at every corner
The culture in Meghalaya is much influenced by the culture of the northeastern states and Bangladesh. There are several festivals in Meghalaya which reflect their rich culture, tradition, and diversity
The staple food items for Meghalaya local individuals would be something like rice, meat, and fish usually. However, the cuisine of Meghalaya is quite different from the cuisines of other states. One such thing that you need to try while you’re at Meghalaya is Jadoh
Now, coming to the history of Meghalaya, It became an independent state on January 21 1972 and was previously a part of Assam itself. The state of Meghalaya was named after two Sanskrit words, "Megham", meaning Cloud and, "Alayam", meaning abode and as you know it by now, is called ‘Abode of clouds’ which is the perfect way to describe the state
The best way to reach Meghalaya is via train. And the train station is closer to the city of Guwahati as compared to any other medium. However, if you plan for a flight journey, the airport would be around 160 kilometers away and you would have to take a bus or a cab. But, if you’re someone whose time is of much value, a flight journey would be the best fit
Usually people opt for the road trips for a good experience of the hilly routes and for adding a zest of adventure. Also, you should know that Meghalaya has Asia's cleanest villages and has two world heritage sites, which you can enjoy on a road trip to Meghalaya
The reasons you need to check out An all Girls Trip to Meghalaya are far more than many but if you still have doubts then let us clear them up while you are on a trip to Meghalaya with JustWravel.
- The group will assemble at the pick-up point in Guwahati around 10:30 AM where a brief introduction by the trip captain will be provided.
- Afterwards, we'll head to Shillong which is a beautiful hill station nestled in the heart of Meghalaya. It is popularly known as the “Scotland of the East” for its unmatched beauty.
- Upon reaching Shillong, we'll check into our hotels and spend some leisure time. In the evening, we'll go to Cafe Hopping and explore the Local market of Shillong as well. Overnight stay in Shillong.
After early morning breakfast, we'll head towards Dawki which is famous for the fascinating turquoise Dawki river that resembles a glass surface.
En route, we'd visit the Krang Shuri waterfall which is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Meghalaya with its silky cascading water. We'll also be visiting Laitlum Canyons which is a vantage point from where you get to see a panoramic view of the valleys of Meghalaya.
Upon arrival in Dawki, we'll check into our riverside camps in Shnongpdeng which is a small village tucked peacefully within the borders of the town. In the evening, we'll host a bonfire.
Dinner followed by an overnight stay in camps in Shnongpdeng.
- Post breakfast, We'll indulge in adventure activities like Cliff Jumping, Boating, and Snorkeling, in the sparkling river.
- Afterward, we'll head towards Cherrapunji which is popular for its living root bridges and for the abundance of rainfall that this town witness every year.
- En route, we’ll be traversing the Indo-Bangla Border as we visit Mawlynnong which holds the title of Asia's cleanest village and seems like a vast orchard of green canopies spreading across. The village also offers breathtaking views of the neighboring Bangladesh plains.
- Upon our arrival in Cherrapunji, we'll check into our hotel where we'll spend the night.
- After early morning breakfast, We'll also visit the Seven Sisters falls which is a beautiful seven-segmented waterfall stretching along a rocky cliff. Afterward, we'll be visiting one of the most notable landmarks in Cherrapunji which is the Mawsmai Caves. The caves are made of limestone with stunning stalactites adorning the roofs giving them a mystical charm.
- Then we'll head towards Nongriat village and start our trek to the iconic Double Decker Living Roots Bridge. The trail consists of the gushing sound of the river, cluster of colorful butterflies, and enchanting forests making it extremely fulfilling.
- Afterward, we'll head back to the hotel. Overnight stay in Cherrapunji.
- After early morning breakfast, we'll check out of our hotel and head towards Shillong.
- En route, We will visit the Nokalikai waterfall which is the tallest plunge waterfall in Meghalaya with a staggering height of 1,115 ft. We’ll also visit Wei Swadong which is a three-tiered waterfall and is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Meghalaya.
- Upon arrival in Shillong, we'll check in to our hotel where we will spend the night.
- After early morning breakfast, we'll check out of our hotel rooms and head back to Guwahati. En route, we'd visit the popular Umiam Lake which is one of the biggest artificial lakes in Meghalaya.
- Upon reaching Guwahati, the group will go their separate ways, to their respective cities according to their scheduled departure.
- End of Tour.
Note: Book your return flight for this day after consulting with your handler.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
“Main akela hi chala tha janib-e-manzil magar, log judte gaye aur karwaan banta gaya.” - Majrooh Sultanpuri Every brand starts off with a dream and as you walk the path of turning your vision into a reality, overcoming every hurdle and road block the journey has to offer you, you grow in irrevocable ways. Back when we first started JustWravel in 2015, we knew that no matter how high we might fly, we will never forget our roots and today, even after becoming a family of more than 25k people, our core values remain the same and we will make sure they will stay the same for years to come. The reason behind starting this venture was simple, to give people a chance to explore all the wonders this beautiful country has to offer and that meant unraveling hidden nooks and corners that are not as mainstream as other travel destinations. To make sure that passionate adventurers of our country could have a reliable platform that provided them the best traveling experience, be it fixed departure group tours, road trips to Ladakh, or the best treks in India.
Spiti trip has been amazing. All the accommodations and services provided by JustWravel were really great and comfortable. Will definitely pick JustWravel for my future expeditions.
views. There will be some places that'll make you speechless and you'll want to just sit and appreciate the beauty of nature. Would definitely plan next trips with Piyush and justwravel! :D
Great Experience! We took Justwravel's road trip package to Spiti Valley. The package is well organized covering main sightseeings and places to visit. All the accommodations and travel arrangements were comfy and included most of the promised amenities. Special thanks to Piyush Rawat, our coordinator, he managed and acted his best in all the situations. His jolliness added more fun to the trip. Although many destinations were covered in a short period of time, the trip was relaxing. Thanks for such memorable moments of our lives.
Spiti valley was a life time experience. Justwravel had been a good choice for the trip. It had managed professionally with minor ups and downs. Most of the places were covered. The hotels and homestays had good hygienic facilities and conditions. Overall it was a good experience!
It was my first solo trip with Justwravel and I couldn't Have asked for anything more. They gave me everything beyond expectations. The food, the people, the travel everything was superb. Once I came back I felt like I left my home and family there. Looking forward to more exciting trips with them :)
I had the pleasure of visiting spiti this time with justwravel accompanied by Mr.Nishant Bhardwaj from the company .It was a nearly organised,well crafted trip where even small things were taken good care of.They add a personal loving touch in addition to the services they provide.I would recommend this to everyone ,whether going on a solo trip like me or going with friends / family .
Pickup & Drop according to fixed timing.
Transportation for local sightseeing: In Tempo Traveler/SUV from Guwahati to Guwahati.
Accommodations: Two nights accommodation in Hotel in Shillong and Cherrapunji respectively. One night accommodation in camps in Shnongpdeng.
Meal plan: CP (Breakfast only in Shillong and Cherrapunji), (Dinner and Breakfast in Shnongpdeng).
Bonfire (If Weather Permits)
Female Trip Captain will be present at all times throughout the trip.
Parking and Entry Tickets.
Local Guide for Double Decker Bridge.
First Aid kits.
Early check-in at the hotel.
Any additional expenses of personal nature.
Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delayed travel.
Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions.
Any Airfare / Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of transportation from Guwahati to Guwahati.
Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Landslides, Roadblocks, and other natural calamities.
Any other services not specified above in Inclusions.
THINGS TO CARRY
Down Jacket /Main Jacket
Thermals (Upper & Lower)
Running Shoes/ Outdoor Shoes
Medicines (Diamox – to reduce chances of AMS)
First Aid Kit
Documents – ID (Driver’s License, AADHAR Card, Voter ID :: Passport and Visa copy for Foreign Nationals)
Mobile Charger / Travel Charger
Policy and Terms
No cancellations will be taken over call or whatsapp msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
Free Cancellation upto 45 days before the departure date
44 Days to 30 days of Departure date. 10% of total Trip cost along with the booking amount will be charged as cancellation fee.
29 Days to 20 Days of Departure date. 25% of the total trip cost along with the booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
19 Days to 10 Days of Departure date. 50% of the total trip cost along with the booking amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
10 Days to 6 Days of Departure date. 75% of the total trip cost will be charged as cancellation fee.
6 Days to Trip Departure date. 100% of the total trip cost will be charged as a cancellation fee.
No Show . No refund.
Incase of government orders, harsh weather conditions , protests , landslides or any other unforseen circumstances , we work out the best possible alternate plans or trips/treks. At times even even certain activities are cancelled , the organization provides the best alternate but no refunds are provided.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), JustWravel will issue a trek voucher for the full amount and if possible will provide an alternate trek. The voucher can be redeemed upto same amount for the same trek or another trek in the next 365 days from the trek departure date.
If a trek or trip cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), Will be beared by customer. Company will not be liable.
Cancellations policy will differ during the peak season and popular places.