Sattal and Manila Birding Tour
Sattal, Uttarakhand, India
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- Car Tours
- Himalayan Treks
- Hobby Trips
All About It
- 7 Slots
Sattal or Sat Tal is an interconnected group of seven pristine freshwater lakes in Bhimtal district of Uttarakhand, India. Situated at an altitude of about 1,370 meters and set against captivating surroundings of dense Oak and Pine forest, Sattal unfurls the rustic beauty of lower Himalayas. The region is famous for its rich biodiversity as it is home to about 500 species of resident and migratory birds; and over 500 species of butterflies, moths, beetles and other insects. Manila is a tiny hamlet located about 87 km from Ranikhet. This lesser know place is perched at an elevation of 1,820 meters, snuggled in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand. Home to Shri. Manila Devi this place offers immense peace and tranquility. Manila also offers breath-taking panoramic views of mighty Himalayas right from Trishul to Panchchulli, including Nanda Devi peaks. Manila is also famous for Cheer Pheasant and Koklass Pheasant apart from numerous other bird species.
* The distance from Kathgodam to Sattal is about 35 Km. It takes about 1:30 hours to reach there due to hilly terrain. As such, it is recommended to reach Kathgodam Railway Station as early as possible (the suggested train reaches Kathgodam by 5:00 am) - The tour starts at Kathgodam Railway Station. - We travel by road to Sattal. - Check-in - Breakfast at hotel - Morning birding session - Lunch at hotel - Rest for a while. - Evening birding session @ chaffi - Overnight at Sattal - Overnight at Chopta
Chestnut bellied Nuthatch
Rufous cheeked Scimitar Babbler
- The day begins at 5 AM - We start our Dawn birding session at first light. - Breakfast on-field/Hotel. - Morning Birding session at Shyam khet - Lunch at hotel. - Rest for a while. - Evening birding session at Sattal studio. - Overnight at Sattal.
Yellow breasted Greenfinch
Slaty headed Parakeet
- The day begins at 5 AM - We start our Dawn birding session at first light. - Breakfast on-field/Hotel. - Post breakfast check-out - Transfer to Manila - Birding en route. - Lunch en route. - Evening birding session at Manila. - Overnight at Manila.
Red Jungle Fowl
- The day begins at 5 AM - We start our Dawn birding session at first light. - Breakfast on-field/Hotel. - Post breakfast check-out - Transfer to Sattal. - Birding en route. - Lunch at en route. - Evening birding session. - Overnight at Sattal.
Common Green Magpie
Rufous bellied Niltava
Brown fronted Woodpecker
Stay Not Applicable
- The day begins at 5 AM - We start our Dawn birding session at first light. - Breakfast on-field/Hotel. - Morning Birding session around Sattal - Lunch at hotel. - Check-out - Birding session at Chaffi - Transfer to Kathgodam Railway Station. - Tour ends.
Brown Wood Owl
Black chinned Babbler
Blue winged Siva / Minla
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
We offer a perfect blend of nature, photography, travel and community based Photo Tourism & offer exciting tours for Landscape, Birding, Seascape, Wildlife & Macro Photography to some exotic locations across the country. We also conduct photography workshops for: Basic Photography & Post Processing Nature is the best classroom to learn photography and hence, we take passionate people like you to various exotic location across the country, so that you can learn advanced techniques of photography and understand compositions better . We want people from all walks of life to learn the fundamentals of Photography and develop their interest in this art.
- 4 nights stay on twin sharing basis as per itinerary. - All meals during the tour (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) - All transfers as per itinerary including pick-up & drop to Kathgodam Railway Station. - Expert Birding Guide on all 5 days. *Force Majeure applies.
- Train/Flight/Bus fares to Kathgodam & return. - Any expenses of personal nature like, extra meals, snacks alcoholic drinks/ Soft Beverages etc. - Laundry, Phone calls, etc. - Cost incidental to any changes in the itinerary due to bad weather, Ill health, stay on account of flight cancellation, landslides, road blockage or any other calamity natural or man made. - Food and other expenses during train/bus/flight travel to the starting point and return are not included in the package. - Hide Charges and/or any optional activities. - Any Personal expenses and Travelling plans made outside tour itinerary. - Extra Purchases / shopping of any sort. - Medical expenses beyond first aid. - Medical/Travel insurance. - Personal losses/ damage / theft including baggage, personal articles, photography gear etc. - Anything that is not mentioned in the package includes list.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Your camera with all its accessories.
- As this is a Birding tour we recommend that you carry a telephoto lens preferably above 400mm.
- Fully charged batteries.
- It is recommended to carry a spare battery.
- Battery charger.
- Memory cards / backup devices / Laptop.
- Please carry a big cloth / scarf to protect your gear from dust.
- Hooded jacket / Scarf / Bandana
- Warm cloths / Windcheater for morning seassions.
- It is recommended that you carry basic first aid kit.
- Please avoid bright colored clothing as it scares Birds/wildlife.
- Please avoid wearing perfume / deodorant during birding sessions.
- Please carry your PAN / Aadhar card for identification at airport / park gate.
- Regular clothing as per season.
- Your medicines if any.
- Travel/Medical insurance (optional).
Kathgodam Railway Station
HOW TO REACH
Kathgodam is well connected to New Delhi by rail and road. Recommended mode is by train from Delhi Cantt to Kathgodam. Train No 05013 Ranikhet Spl ETD 20:20 from Delhi Cantt on 19 November, 2021 and ETA Kathgodam at 05:05 am on 20 November, 2021. Alternatively you can reach Haridwar by overnight luxury coach (Bus) from New Delhi ETA Kathgodam 06:00 am.
Policy and Terms
We work very hard to provide a delightful experience to our customers, Cancellations hurt us and as such Refunds are discouraged. However, we do understand that our customers, under exceptional circumstances, may be required to cancel their booking. In such a scenario our cancellation policy is as under:
- Cancellation before 31 days of the tour departure date - 100% refund.
- Cancellation between 20 to 30 days of the tour departure date - 50% refund.
- Cancellation within 20 days of the tour departure date - Zero refund.