Chopta & Mandal Birding Tour
Chopta, Uttarakhand, India
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- Car Tours
- Himalayan Treks
- Hobby Trips
- Jungle Camping
- Travel & Work
All About It
- 5 Slots
Chopta and Tungnath offer unspoiled natural beauty of the Uttaranchal Himalayas. It offers breathtaking views of the imposing Himalayan range including Trishul, Nanda Devi and Chaukhamba. Chopta is located at an elevation of 8800 Ft. above sea level while Tungnath is 12500 Ft. Chopta is surrounded by dense forests of pine, deodar and rhododendron and has a very rich flora and fauna which includes some rare species of birds and mammals. Chopta is also a part of the Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary. Many unique species of birds such as Snow Partridge, Himalayan Monal, Koklass Pheasant, Golden Eagle, Bearded Vulture (Lammergeier), Upland Buzzard, Himalayan Owl, Spot-winged Rosefinch, Rufous-bellied Woodpecker, European Goldfinch, Ashy Wood-Pigeon, Fire-capped Tit, Spot-winged Grosbeak, Himalayan Griffon, Scarlet Finch, Mountain Hawk Eagle, Golden Eye and many more are found in this region. Chopta has been identified with over 240 bird species and is declared Important Bird Area by BNHS and Birdlife International.
Tour dates: 10 December to 15 December, 2021. The tour is Ex-Haridwar. - The tour includes 6D/5N stay on twin sharing basis. - All meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are included in the package. - 2 NAC vehicles for transfers as per itinerary. - Highly Experienced Bird Guide on retainer basis on all 6 days. - Small group size to maximize the chances of sighting & clicking birds. - Chance to click more than 100+ species of birds in their natural habitat. - All COVID safety precautions wherever required. Be a part of this unforgettable birding tour; Join us to relish our legacy to travel, explore and celebrate life!
Who should attend?
Nature, Birds & Wildlife lovers. Birders Photography lovers Birding enthusiasts Bird Watchers
* The distance from Haridwar to Chopta is about 185 Km. It takes about 7 hours to reach there due to hilly terrain. As such, it is recommended to reach Haridwar Railway Station as early as possible (the suggested train reaches Haridwar by 4:00 am) - The tour starts at Haridwar Railway Station. - We travel by road to Chopta. - Breakfast & Lunch en route. - Check-in - Overnight at Chopta
View from Chopta
Lush green meadows @ Chopta
Trishul & Chaukhamba Peaks
- The day begins at 5 AM - We start our Dawn birding session at first light. - Breakfast on-field/Hotel. - Morning Birding session - Lunch at hotel. - Rest for a while. - Evening birding session. - Overnight at Chopta.
Bearded Vulture / Lammergeier
- The day begins at 5 AM - We start our Dawn birding session at first light. - Trek to Shri Tungnath Baba Temple (Target specie Snow Partridge) - Trek further to Chandrashila (Landscape Photography) - Breakfast on-field/Hotel. - Lunch at hotel. - Rest for a while. - Evening birding session. - Overnight at Chopta.
Cinereous Vulture & Griffon Vulture
- The day begins at 5 AM - We start our Dawn birding session at first light. - Breakfast on-field/Hotel. - Post breakfast check-out - Transfer to Mandal - Birding en route. - Lunch at hotel. - Evening birding session. - Overnight at Mandal.
Yellow rumped Honeyguide
- The day begins at 5 AM - We start our Dawn birding session at first light. - Breakfast on-field/Hotel. - Morning birding session. - Lunch at hotel. - Evening birding session. - Overnight at Mandal.
Stay Not Applicable
- The day begins at 5 AM - Short birding session till breakfast - Breakfast on-field/Hotel. - Check-out - Transfer to Haridwar Railway Station - Tour ends.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
We offer a perfect blend of nature, photography, travel and community based Photo Tourism & offer exciting tours for Landscape, Birding, Seascape, Wildlife & Macro Photography to some exotic locations across the country. We also conduct photography workshops for: Basic Photography & Post Processing Nature is the best classroom to learn photography and hence, we take passionate people like you to various exotic location across the country, so that you can learn advanced techniques of photography and understand compositions better . We want people from all walks of life to learn the fundamentals of Photography and develop their interest in this art.
- 5 nights stay on twin sharing basis as per itinerary. - All meals during the tour (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) - All transfers as per itinerary including pick-up & drop to Haridwar Railway Station. - Expert Birding Guide on all 6 days. *Force Majeure applies.
- Train/Flight fares to Haridwar/Dehradun & return. - Any expenses of personal nature like, extra meals, snacks alcoholic drinks/ Soft Beverages etc. - Laundry, Phone calls, etc. - Cost incidental to any changes in the itinerary due to bad weather, Ill health, stay on account of flight cancellation, landslides, road blockage or any other calamity natural or man made. - Food and other expenses during train/bus/flight travel to the starting point and return are not included in the package. - Hide Charges and/or any optional activities. - Any Personal expenses and Travelling plans made outside tour itinerary. - Extra Purchases / shopping of any sort. - Medical expenses beyond first aid. - Medical/Travel insurance. - Personal losses/ damage / theft – including baggage, personal articles, photography gear etc. - Anything that is not mentioned in the package includes list.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Your camera with all its accessories.
- As this is a Birding tour we recommend that you carry a telephoto lens preferably above 400mm.
- Fully charged batteries.
- It is recommended to carry a spare battery.
- Battery charger.
- Memory cards / backup devices / Laptop.
- Please carry a big cloth / scarf to protect your gear from dust.
- Hooded jacket / Scarf / Bandana
- Warm cloths / Windcheater for morning rides.
- It is recommended that you carry basic first aid kit.
- Please avoid bright colored clothing as it scares Birds/wildlife.
- Please avoid wearing perfume / deodorant during birding sessions.
- Please carry your PAN / Aadhar card for identification at airport / park gate.
- Regular clothing as per season.
- Your medicines if any.
- Travel/Medical insurance (optional).
Haridwar Railway Station
HOW TO REACH
Haridwar in Uttarakhand, India is well connected by Rail, Road and Air with many major cities in the country. Recommended mode is by train from H. Nizamuddin to Haridwar. Train No 02401 ETD 23:30 from H Nizamuddin on 09 December, 2021 and ETA Haridwar at 0400 on 10 December, 2021. Alternatively you can reach Haridwar by overnight luxury coach (Bus) from New Delhi ETA Haridwar 06:00 am. You can fly to Joly Grant Airport, Dehradun, Uttarakhand as well!
Policy and Terms
We work very hard to provide a delightful experience to our customers, Cancellations hurt us and as such Refunds are discouraged. However, we do understand that our customers, under exceptional circumstances, may be required to cancel their booking. In such a scenario our cancellation policy is as under:
- Cancellation before 31 days of the tour departure date - 100% refund.
- Cancellation between 20 to 30 days of the tour departure date - 50% refund.
- Cancellation within 20 days of the tour departure date - Zero refund.
Terms and Conditions
- Smoking & consumption of alcohol during this tour is strictly prohibited.
- Tour leader is at liberty to change the itinerary/Hotels/Vehicles at any time. Tour leader's decission in this regards will be final.
- It is explicitly implied that the participant will follow the instructions of the tour leader. Failure to do so may result in expulsion from the tour. No refund shall be entertained in such case. The cost of alternate travel arrangements will have to be bourne by the participant in such a scenario.
- The participant declares that he/she is fully aware of the risks involved in this tour and releases our firm Nature Mosaics, its owner and/or his agents from any claim towards personal injury, loss, theft or any untoward incidence.
- We will try to cover as many species of Birds/Wildlife as possible, however, we cannot guarantee the sighting of any specific species or species count.
- Force Majeure applies.
- We must have received the entire tour cost i.e. booking amount and final amount (including flight/train/vehicle fares, If booked through us) atleast 20 days prior to depatture. Failure to do so shall result in cancellation of your booking and no refund shall be entertained in such case.
- By signing up for this tour (Full or partial payment towards tour cost), the participant expressly indicates having read and understood the Itinerary, tour inclusions, tour exclusions, cancellation policy and our terms & conditions.