December India Trip
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- Art And Craft
- Leisure And Travel
All About It
- 25 Slots
From meeting the 21st century India to walking on the marble floor of ancient wonder of the world, from discovering stoic spirituality to experiencing absolute royalty, from visiting the modern architectures to the gold coated temple, this experience has been especially curated for you to give a taste of how India is a blend of the old with the new.
On the complete trip we will be tasting mouth watering cuisines from the cities of India and capturing a lot of memorable photos to make your trip truly a memorable one.
Private A/C Bus Transit
- Today shall be our rest day, we will take slowly from here, get rid of the jet lag and take sometime to sink in.
- Night walk at Connaught Place.
- Shopping at the underground market of Palika Bazar.
- Food at an Indian authentic restaurant of choice.
- Try Ice Paan and Fire Paan, Bhel Puri and Chaat a specialty of Connaught Place
Palika Bazar Shopping
Private A/C Bus Transit
- Today will be dedicated to the history of Delhi and its authentic food street.
- We will be visiting Red Fort, Qutub Minar and Lotus Temple, if time forbids, we shall also go for Jama Masjid.
- Experience the food at the famous Parathe Wali Gali (established in 1650) where we will get the food specially made for team, based on their taste and still keeping the feel of the place and cuisine.
- Dine at a South Indian restaurant or at a Pizza Place or an Italian Restaurant as per the demand of the group
- After having breakfast, we shall leave for Airport to board flight to Varanasi.
- Reach Varanasi by 2 P.M.
- After lunch, we will leave for the city tour of Varanasi
- Tour will include visiting the famous ghats of Banaras including the Burning Ghat Of India Mannikarnika Ghat and a peep into the lives of Aghoris.
- Evening shall be dedicated exclusively for The Ganga Arti and cruise ride in the river Ganga.
Ghaats Of Varanasi
- This will be our transit day to Jaipur, we will keep this day a bit relaxed.
- Early morning yoga session and after having breakfast in Varanasi, we will leave directly for Varanasi Airport to board the flight for Jaipur.
- Your stay at Jaipur is specially arrange at Choki Dhani Ethnic Resort.
- After settling down we will go for shopping at Johari Bazaar
- We will learn the art of Bagru Block painting ( A 3 Century old traditional art form ) and learn pottery making followed by a relaxed spa in evening.
- We have arranged for a puupet show in the resort at night followed by Rajasthani Thali at Choki Dhani itslef.
- A photoshoot with the ethinic attire can be arranged here for the team.
Hotel : Choki Dhani Ethnic Resort
Private A/C Bus Transit
Choki Dhani Ethenic Resort
- This day will be dedicated to showing you what makes Rajasthan so royal and the legacy of the Indian kings.
- We will try ti visit as many places as possible with options being Amer Fort, Hawa Mahal, Jal Mahal.
- A light and sound show and laser show at Amer Fort and a fine dining experience preferably inside the fort itself.
Hotel : Choki Dhani Ethnic Resort
Light and Sound Show ( Amer Fort | English )
A/C 3 Tier
- After the breakfast at Chokhi Dhani at Jaipur itself, we will board the train for Jodhpur. This will be our transit day, hence we will keep it a bit relaxed. ( We will be boarding a midnight train or an early morning train from Jodhpur )
- We have your accommodation at luxury camps / haveli in dessert followed by campfire and activities, folk dance in evening, street walks and shopping during day, Cooking class in evening.
- Followed by Dinner at camp with folk dance performance.
Private A/C Bus Transit
- Today will be reserved for the tour of the majestic Palaces including the truly royal Umaid Bhavan Palace.
- We will leave early after the breakfast and try to cover most of the historical forts. Umaid Bhavan ( A lavish palace built by then king of Jodhpur to provide employment to its citizens when Jodhpur was facing a cruel famine ). Witness the vintage cars, royal cutlery and the larger than life lifestyles of the Indian kings.
- Jaswant Thada, Mandore Garden, Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park, Moti Mahal and Phool Mahal
- We will have lunch at an authentic Rajasthani restaurant.
- We will then head back to the hotel and if the time permits, some shopping.
Hotel : WH Bal Samand Lake Palace
Umaid Bhavan Palace
- After having breakfast we will leave for some local shopping in the Jodhpur Market.
- We will be boarding the flight to Amritsar via Delhi.
- Today will reach Amritsar by 7 PM.
- After hotel check in, we will leave for a small night tour of Amritsar, visiting Golden Temple at night.
- Resort to beds at 11 PM
Streets Of Amritsar On Tuk Tuk
- We will keep this day a bit relaxed.
- After breakfast we will leave for the Golden Temple visit.
- We will have lunch in the world's largest free kitchen, its a different experience to see how community works to make this happen.
- We will then leave for the ceremonial parade at the Wagha Border. It's a 45 mins show and then we shall leave for the hotel.
- We have an early morning flight next day for Delhi and then travel to Agra.
Wagha Border Ceremony
- After breakfast at Amritsar, we will head for boarding Delhi flight. It's a 1.5 hrs flight journey and then we shall head for Agra from Delhi Railway station.
- We will reach Agra by evening, 5 PM evening.
- Aftersettling down at Agra we will go for shopping in the streets with some amazing street food, trying out "Pethas" of various flavours.
- We will do a Night tour of Taj Mahal which is available on 22nd of December. The night tour is approved by Archaeological Survey Of India and is rare, it's only available on a new moon night every month ( exactly on 22nd ).
Taj Mahal Night Tour
A/C Three Tier
- This day will be our last day together.
- After morning breakfast, we will leave for the day tour of Taj Mahal. This will be very different from the night tour that we did last night.
- Photo shoot at the Taj Mahal itself.
- We will then leave for Agra Fort visit.
- After the Agra Fort visit, we will leave for Delhi Airport.
- Airport drop and a final group picture.
Taj Mahal Day Tour
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐉𝐎𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆
𝘋𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘷𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘔𝘦𝘨𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘢 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘪𝘯𝘩𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘶𝘯𝘦𝘴, 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴?
𝘖𝘳 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘲𝘶𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮 𝘱𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘒𝘶𝘵𝘤𝘩, 𝘎𝘶𝘫𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘵, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴𝘯’𝘵 𝘱𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘌𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩?
𝘖𝘳 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘉𝘩𝘶𝘵𝘢𝘯’𝘴 𝘎𝘋𝘗 𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦’𝘴 𝘏𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴?
The joy of traveling is to wholly immerse yourself into the story of the place that you travel to and we at TGE Travels bring nothing less than that on the table. Our well thought out itineraries give a deeper insight into the culture and history of a place by getting our travelers closer to the local communities, their customs, cuisines and lifestyle. And it goes without saying that we are the queens of finding offbeat locations, stays and activities which we bring out in all our itineraries. TGE stands for The Great Escape and a trip with us is like pressing the “Escape” key from the mundane routine to an exciting and cherishable travel experience
𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐄?
Established in the year 2016, TGE travels was founded by Reetu Yadav and Jamila Kapasi, two expert mountaineers who had more than 6+ years of experience in mountaineering and the outdoors. TGE Travels is infact one of the rare travel and outdoor companies wholly owned by women with a vision of adding more women leaders in the unconventional outdoor leadership roles. What started as just a trekking company, TGE Travels has evolved into a more wholesome style of traveling by adding experiential traveling as one of its primary services. Our team at TGE Travels are a bunch of travel experts who want to add a meaning to your excursions. We are a strong unit of on ground team leads, backend supports and partner vendors who work cohesively to make your trip smooth and memorable.
𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐓𝐆𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐒?
Even before Corona, we have firmly believed that traveling in small groups is the best way to form connections and gain experiences. Now more than ever, we are committed to limiting the group size. Our travelers might meet as strangers but we ensure that they leave as friends.
𝑨𝒎𝒂𝒛𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑻𝒆𝒂𝒎 𝑳𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒔
What makes TGE Travels awesome are our team leads. They are the reason why our travelers choose to travel with us again and again. Full of energy and enthusiasm, our team leads are the ones who bring the whole group together. Their energy bounces off our travelers and within no time, the entire group forgets that they were just strangers just sometime ago. But of course, our team leads are also very skilled in handling any situation and ensuring the trip goes as smoothly as possible.
𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝑻𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑶𝒖𝒕 𝑰𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔
We have spent endless hours brainstorming on itineraries to bring out the unique stories of the place that we travel to. Not only that, while designing any itinerary our team personally travels to the location to identify experiences and off beat locations. We try to provide the best experience within the timeframe and budget and that has made us popular as one of the more thought driven travel itinerary planners.
𝑪𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒚𝒔
We select our accommodation partners meaningfully. Our stays should have a story to tell. This encourages us in going beyond the standard hotels and instead delving into a wide range of accommodation options where we can choose from authentic homestays, which to us is one of the best ways to learn about the culture of a place, to beautiful resorts that are situated at the perfect picturesque locations to boutique hotels that are elegant and charming.
𝑺𝒂𝒇𝒆 𝑴𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝑻𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕
Just like our accommodation partners, we give a lot of importance in choosing the right transport partners. Most of our journey is on road and we ensure our travelers are comfortable in the vehicle. Our drivers become a part of the group and it's amazing to see how our travelers treat them as just one of their own.
When it comes to bike trips or Scooty trips, we ensure the two wheelers are well serviced and maintained. Apart from that we always have a support vehicle with us throughout the journey
Food is an integral part of our itineraries. Hence all meals are planned in advance allowing our travelers to taste the unique cuisines of the regions that they travel to. We encourage our travelers in trying out local delicacies but never hesitate to deliver something comfortable immediately if the local food does not suit their palette.
We firmly believe in responsible tourism. Apart from the standard no littering policy, we encourage our travellers to be sensitive to the local communities.
It's always a pleasure travelling with TGE! The one thing I love most is their attention to detail, which ensures that your trip is a memorable one. Travelling with TGE is a wholesome experience, you see the larger more iconic places with no compromise on the little things. Travel with them if you want to interact with the people of the place, eat their food, in short experience their lives. These guys do a superb job of making everyone comfortable and everytime I travel with them I make beautiful bonds with all the other travellers. I would 100% recommend TGE to everyone who has the travel bug. It doesn't get better than this! ☺️❤️
I have known Reetu and Jamila for many years and have worked with them in the past. But this was the first time I decided to travel with them as a participant. When Reetu told me about exploring Spiti in winters I was completely on board. The itinerary sounded exciting and the pricing less. S my friend Manish and I immediately signed up for it. One of the best decisions I ever took. Spiti in winters in beautiful. The 7 days with the team was wonderful. We spent our days driving around the valley and our evenings dancing to pahadi songs. The planning was perfect with utmost care given in the choice of stay and comfort. Of course the highlight of the trip was spotting a snow leopard. Overall it was an amazing trip and I am looking forward to join many more with The Great Escape
Shravan Kumar Poshetty
Should I describe with “perfect planning” / “meticulous coordination”/ “cordial organiser”...might be with all of it.
Flawless execution is what makes them unique and organiser Reetu Yadav has let all of us experience it with her executional capabilities...
Clarity n flow of communication:-5/5
Comfort in Mode of Travel:-5/5
Action in Emergency:- very swift 5/5
Team has proved that its not all about the commercial trip but also the cause which is concealed in their carryings. What we pay at Flemingo Resort at Dholavira goes to educate and for taking care of more than 400 students and their boarding facilities as well.
Its not over yet, you will be pleased to meet the gifted souls from remote villages who are manifested in their respective disciplines like Rogan Art (Hon’le prime minister himself have gifted one to Barack Obama), Wood Art and Bell Art, Textile etc.
You will get to eat the delicious food made out of love from the local (A1 class food).
Off all, well planned itinerary and the execution is commendable. We RoK team who departed on 12th Dec’19 are truly happy with the onsite organiser Reetu Yadav and the offline backbone Jamila Kapasi who took good care of each of us at every stretch.
Their intact affirmative relation and proper delicacy in their execution makes then unique.
My best friend is much impressed with their proceedings and that makes me much happier than ever.
Last but not least, am fortunate to have rest 13 of the participants as part of my extended family. Again the credit goes to TGE.
Kudos to the team and i look for further association with “THE GREAT ESCAPE” ( you have already give our team a great escape from the routine.
Way to go TGE team!!!
Kumar Tarur Parameswaran
Such great detailed planning at micro level and being open and upfront about the tour details impressed me at the very start. They lived up to their promise in every which way.
TGE’s expression of their solidarity towards the cause of the villagers by getting travellers to interact with them in a lively way and help the villagers in their livelihood was one of the primary reasons I chose to travel with TGE.
TGE means immersive experiential travel and what you get in return and come away with are unforgettable lifetime memories.
Looking forward to many more tours with TGE. Reetu and Jamila pull your collars up. Way to go! You will go miles!
The great escape recently took care of my 10 days family trip to Bhutan. We were 9 of us, including 2 kids and 2 elderlies. Each detail of the trip was so beautifully planned and coordinated. Jamila was personally in touch with drivers, hotels and homestay owners to ensure we ar getting the best of experience. We never even had to look for directions, call hotel or tell driver about anything. Everything was already taken care of and we were just the guests in very true sense. Such a wonderful trip it was. Everything was so beautiful including all the places where we stayed.
Much thanks to Jamila and the great escape team to make it work like magic for us!
- Stay in the hotels/resorts similar to as mentioned above.
- All meals are included as mentioned in each day.
- Mode of travel for in city transfer and between destinations as mentioned above.
- All entry tickets to all the venues/ historical places sites that are mentioned in the itinerary.
- Spa charges in Jaipur.
- Photographer for the complete trip
- Personal expenses on food/shopping etc.