Discover the Mystical Beauty of Bhutan: A Journey to the Land of Thunder Dragons
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 9 Days 8 Nights
Bhutan, the land of happiness, has been a dream destination of all conscious travelers around the world! It’s the country that introduced the index of Gross National Happiness to this planet, signifying happiness to be an important part of national growth. Hence, Bhutan definitely deserves a visit, at least once in our lifetime.
Bhutan is a landlocked Buddhist kingdom, sharing borders with Tibet and India. It rests like a baby in the arms of mother India that also signifies the friendly relationship between the two countries. Warm smiles and hospitality of Bhutanese people, wide valleys, beautiful birds, dramatic landscapes, majestic mountains, captivating Dzongs, refreshing waterfalls, and colorful prayer flags in the air are bound to enthrall us.
The traditional food in Bhutan is quite spicy, though visitors are served their choices. Even the spiciest foods in Bhutan such as Ema Datshi and Kewa Datshi make sure to establish a memorable relationship with the taste buds of connoisseurs, along with Suja (tea) and Yak cheese.
Did you know that Bhutan is one of the rarest countries in the world that has come a long way in preserving its culture? The architecture of every single building in Bhutan sticks to the traditional construction style. The uniform in government offices is traditional as well, and hence, every second man and woman can be seen walking in Gho and Kira respectively, which is their traditional attire.
Let’s hold hands and explore one of the most fascinating and exemplary countries in the world?
Pickup is arranged from Bagdogra reach before 1pm , there are flights available from Bengaluru, Delhi and other places to the airport
Day 1 (21st May) — Arrive Bagdogra (Free day) please be there early before 1pm
- Travel from Bagdogra to Phuentsholing, checkin to hotel and rest
- Snooze with the Sleepy Marsh Muggers and Gharials at the Crocodile Breeding Centre, a 10-minute walk north of the bus station. The Crocs are fed every other day at around noon.
- You are free to roam around and checkout the border town of Phuentsholing
- Dinner Included
Day 2 – Phuentsholing to Thimphu
- Wake up early, have breakfast
- Proceed for permits to Phuentsholing Immigration Office morning 9AM
- Get permits sorted by 10AM – 11AM
- Drive to Thimphu, the journey takes us through the beauty of the country side roads, passing valleys.
- Have Lunch in between, savour some Red rice along with some other Bhutanese dishes
- Reach Thimphu in the evening, check-in to Hotel, Relax.
- Head to the Thimphu Market for some shopping, have dinner and get some sleep
Day 3 – Day in Thimphu
- Wake up early, Go for a Run and Yoga, have breakfast in our hotel
- Start your day with a visit to Buddha Point and pray for an adventurous day up ahead. With a height of 51.5 meters, Buddha Dordenma is considered one of the World’s Largest Sitting Buddhas.
- Also visit the National Memorial Chorten, the stupa which is one of the most recognizable religious landmarks in Bhutan.
- Head to Tashichho Dzong next which would be the highlight of our day, dzongs are used as a seat of government and as a monastery.
- Lunchtime in the City, Try Ema Datshi the National Dish of Bhutan made of Chilli & Cheese, with some Butter Tea
- Post lunch, head to Simply Bhutan, be fascinated by the art, and culture, and maybe try out some Ara (Rice wine).
- Get back to the Hotel for leisure time and dinner.
Additional things to do in Thimphu
At the Bhutan post office, you can have customized stamps made with your photo on them. If you like to send postcards to friends and family when you travel, you can include your face on the stamp! Who knew Bhutan could be so high-tech?
Visit the Takin Preserve, a “zoo” where the Takin, the National Animal of Bhutan, is on display.
Places to Eat - Ama Restaurant, Ambient Cafe, Zombala 2
Foods to Try - Red Rice, Chilli Potato, Mushroom with Cheese (Datshi)
Day 4 – Wednesday 2.5hr Drive to Punakha, Sights around Punakha- Head to Phobjikha
- On the way to Punakha we get to see the Simtokha Dzong one of the oldest (1629 built) and the first ever built Dzong.
- Dochula Pass said to be the highest pass between Thimphu and Punakha situated at 3150m MSL. One can witness the Rhododendron trees with beautiful flowers which are primarily endemic to Himalayan region.
- Druk Wangyal Stupas/ 108 Stupas or Chorten in local language have been built Commemorating Victory of Bhutanese Army over ULFA
- Punakha Dzong was built back in 1637, is the Largest Dzong in Bhutan which served as an enduring symbol of a united Bhutan since and one of the most regal places to visit in Punakha.
- Punakha Suspension Bridge which is the second longest suspension bridge in Bhutan and connects the old administrative centre of Punakha Dzongkhag to the rest of the valley.
- Head to Phobjikha Valley, reach and check in to your stay, have dinner and retire for the night
Foods to Try: One can try some sweets in Druk Wangyal Cafe in Dochula Pass, Khuruda Special Thali in Khuruda Town
Day 5 Day in Phobjikha valley / Gangtey valley
- Today you will explore the Gangtey Valley with your guide. Highlights include walking the Tenkhor Yuetshe Sum Trail
- Visiting the black-necked crane research center.
- Visit Gantey temple
- Have lunch in between
- Night stay in Homestay in Gangtey valley, home-cooked Breakfast and Dinner included
Day 6 Leave for Paro from Gangtey valley
- Checkout , have breakfast in Homestay
- Chimi Lkhang temple
- Head to Paro, 5 hrs of journey
- Visit the national museum at Paro
- Social Evening
- Night Stay in Paro…
Day 7 Tiger’s Nest (Paro Taktsang)
- Tiger’s Nest (Paro Taktsang) is the top Paro tourist attraction and the most famous attraction of Bhutan.
- 2km hike through the pines to this breathtaking cliffside monastery. Enjoy the majestic mountain views and lush green valleys as you are drawn into the exciting tales of the ‘Tiger’s Nest’.
- For all the Alcohol aficionados can Taste Paro’s local flavors at its very own microbrewery, Namgay Artisanal Brewery. Don’t forget to try the new crafts – Bhutan Dark Ale and the Bhutan Red Rice Lager, a major hit among tourists and a shift from conventional tastes.
- Night Stay in Paro…
Day 8 Drop to Phuentsoling from Paro
- Spend the Morning in Paro.
- Drop to Phuentsoling post Breakfast
- Social Evening
Day 9 Drop to Bagdogra from Phuentsoling
- Travel from Phuentsoling to Bagdogra
- Drop to Phuentsoling post Breakfast
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Back in 2016, we set off on the trails with a small group of young explorers and one mission: To see nature more closely than we ever have, to feel and have loads of fun along the way. Today our ethos and zeal have only increased. We are here to promote a safe and eco-friendly trekking experience to all nature admirers out there. We have done more than 50 treks covering Himalayas, Western Ghats, Nilgiris and Sahyadhri’s. We have a team of experienced Outdoor leaders who have hosted numerous high altitude treks and led the groups successfully to the summit. At Treks Unlimited safety and quality is of paramount importance to us. We believe that too much luxury goes against the spirit of trekking. Tents are not meant to be rooms - they are mere roofs over our heads. In the larger scheme of things, trekking is supposed to be about minimalist living. We don't like the idea of 'glamping.' (glam camping).
Life begins at the End of your Comfort zone !!
Being an Artist, Counsellor & A Life Skills Trainer... & Running as my simple way to keep Fit, Trekking was something that never really interested me... My Belief that its never too late to experience Awesomeness & undying Love for Nature made me venture out for My 1st REAL TREK.. in The Nilgiris with #Treksunlimited... the Team of these 3 awesome people Vini Katyal, Praveen Kumar, Neha Singh made My Trek.. An Experience to remember!! Besides being a Beautiful well organised Adventurous Trek, We Sang, Danced & Shared stories by the Campfire�, We slept in The Tent�, Explored Outdoors at its best, Hiked in the Tea Gardens, Enjoyed in the Replenishing Waterfalls, Enjoyed the local cuisine by our Camp hosts, took Crazy Pics, Made Memories.
Wilderness Is Not the Luxury but A Necessity of the Human Spirit !!
Looking Forward to Exploring Unlimited Treks & Experiencing Life with #Treksunlimited !!
The Pictures we took are Return Tickets to the Moments otherwise gone...
Beautiful hills and Dudhsagar falls with an ambience to kill for. Went trekking here with a group of high energy techies who really loved the weather and the guides with an awesome falls view. Nice idea for a quick weekend getaway guys. Worth the money!!! go for it everyone!!!
Hi Praveen and Vini . it was great experience with dhudhsagar trek. we enjoy a lot thank you for this event. all are good in the group. we made fun and most important unexpected we got tea between trekking to Dhudhsagar. 😘😘😘😘😘
Dhanush R M
This is my first ever formal trek with @treksunlimited and the expereince from intial chatting to drop off after the hike is always excellent. I couldn't have chosen a better group of people to go with. I learnt a whole lot during the trek and had great fun and made some great friends on this trip. Vini and team made sure that everyone was engaged even after the trek and we got to know each other well. This is one group I will surely tell my friends to go for treks with and I will surely try my best making it for all the trek as these guys are all about trek and adventure. I have never been on treks where it rains. And it started raining heavily as we descended. Right from the start boarding the bus, traveling in local train, auto, hiking together, chit-chat about everything, eating together, walking and running for 22km, getting drenched in rain. The feeling was just amazinggggggg. I’ve made so many memories in those two days Will stay with me for a long time. Kudos to @vini @praveen and @aditya
I'd have no hesitation recommending them.
My first trek and that's Dudhsagar waterfalls, no words was just too awesome , start of with guides they were perfect good support , resort , accomodations and food too good. When it comes to trek , we were a team of about 21, Enjoyed a lot. Place around the way was awesome eye filled. Thanks to guides they got us back safe ! With loads of memories!
Overall I loved it ...�
Rajesh Varma R
amazing group.. very friendly.. what inspired me was when Vasudha & Vini started picking up plastics left behind by other travellers in the otherwise lush green n forest area. We all followed them and we collected two large bags of plastic waste by the end of the day. cheers guys. 🙂👍
- Guides and Drivers
- Pickup drop from Bagdogra
- Accommodation at Phuentsholing, Thimphu, and Paro on double sharing basis 2 night in Phuentsholing, 2 nights in Thimpu, 2 night in Phobjika Valley, 2 nights in Paro
- 4-star hotels in Phuentsoling, Thimphu and Paro, Homestay in Phobjika Valley
- All local transportation inside Bhutan
- Day 1- Day 9 Breakfast and Dinners , 16 meals
- If you book early with us free Travel Insurance
1. 1200/- per day entry fee for Indian tourists (8400 for 7 nights)
2. Cost of flight/ train/bus travel from your native city to Bagdogra airport
4. Entry tickets to monuments
5. Lunch any meals or snacks not mentioned in the inclusions section
6. Any expense on any items/services which are personal such as driver tips, medicines, toiletries, sun protection creams, snacks, laundry, STD calls, etc
7. Any extra expenses incurred due to delays arising from bad weather conditions or any unanticipated or uncontrollable conditions
8. Any medical expenses, travel insurance, or emergency expenses
9. Any other expenses of any nature not included in the INCLUSIONS section
Policy and Terms
90-76 days before the trip: 80% refund
75-61 days before the trip: 70% refund
60-46 days before the trip: 50% refund
45-31 days before the trip: 20% refund
Less than or equal to 30 days before the trip: No Refund
The cancellation policy is calculated on the total trip tariff, not on the token/booking amount.
Terms and Conditions
Please pay a booking amt of INR 15,000/- per person to confirm your spot.
Balance amount to be paid 30 days before the trip start date.
Booking amount is non refundable. Balance amount will be deducted/refunded/transferred as per the standard cancellation policy
Booking amount is transferable only if a request for such is made 30 days before the trip start date. You can email the request to [email protected]
Cancellation/Amendment by the Participant during the tour
Incase you are unable to continue with the tour due to any health conditions or acclimatization issues or any other issue, any expenses on alternate arrangements made have to be borne by you and Treks Unlimited is not liable to pay for transportation, accommodation, hospitalization, meals or any other expenses incurred
Treks Unlimited reserves the right to modify the place of stay or the itinerary without any prior notice.
Participants will be respectful to their fellow guests, organizers, and the hosts
The laws and customs of the areas we visit can be very different from those we are used to. Be aware of your actions to ensure that they do not offend, especially if you are visiting religious areas. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with and respect local laws and customs. If you fail to do so, we will have no liability to you for any cost, loss, or damage you suffer nor will we refund you the cost of any unused portion of your travel arrangements.
Please note that neither we assign any seats in the vehicle nor do we take any special requests for that. Be it a first seat, window seat, or the last seat, we expect participants to be flexible with their choice considering the fact that it’s a group tour. Although, we encourage participants to shuffle seats with each other during the journey to support each other.
Please note that vegetarian food is available, but sometimes variety and tasty expectations could vary. Please be mentally prepared for it.