GEMS OF KERALA ( PREMIUM 5D4N)
KOCHI - MUNNAR - VAGAMON - ALEPPEY
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 5 Days 4 Nights
- 11 Slots
The beautiful landscapes, lush green paddy fields and the misty mountains of Kerala welcomes you this summer. Explore the Gems of Kerala at the Gods Own Country at its best with this carefully curated travel itinerary. From the vibrance of Cochin, the tea plantations of Munnar, the greenary of Vagamon to the backwaters of Aleppey, indulge in a thrilling experience and take in the best of Kerala at its finest.
- A journey through Cochin - Munnar - Vagamon - Aleppey
- Take a stroll at the Mattancherry palace at Cochin
- Walk through the vibrant streets of the Jew Town
- Experience the Cochin Water Metro ride
- Sunset at the Fort Kochi Beach
- Jeep Safari at Eravikulam National park
- Witness Kathakali - a cultural evening
- Take the Kolukkumalai Trek to watch the sunset
- Tea Estate walk to ihale the essence of Munnar
- Tea Factory visit for all the tea enthusiasts
- Suryanelli village visit
- Explore the hidden gems at Pooparai
- Jeep Safari at Ulupooni Wild Life Sanctuary
- Explore the Vagamon Meadows
- Pine Forest walk
- Visit India's Longest Glass Bridge
- Aleppey Backwater Cruise
- Kerala Backwater Special Lunch
Pickup from Chennai / Bangalore - Between 06:00 PM - 07:00 PM (A/C or Non A/C Sleeper Coach Bus)
A/C Tempo Traveler
02 Sharing Rooms
- Picukup from Cochin International Airport / Railway Station / Bus Depot
- Freshup from the hotel and have breakfast
- Head out for Cochin Sightseeing. Cochin, also known as Kochi is one of the most picturesque destinations on the south-west coastlie of Kerala. Known as the Queen of the Arabian Sea, the city also flaunts one of the world's finest natural harbours
- Learn the old fishing technique at the Chinese fishing nets.They are known by the name "Cheena-vala" in Kerala which literally translates to Chinese net.
- Visit Mattancherry Palace.The Mattancherry Palace, also known as Dutch Palace, is one of the finest examples of the Kerala style of architecture interspersed with colonial influences. It is famous for its long and spacious halls along with its central courtyard. It is also the home of the deity of the royal family, Pazhayannur Bhagavathy (the Deity of Pazhayannur).
- Go antique shopping in Jew Town. Take a walk along the Jew Town and you can breathe antiquity. Jewellery, crockery, wooden pillars, curios, wooden and metal figurines, statuettes, carved wooden furniture and handicrafts like wooden elephants, mirrors, wall hangings, paintings - you name it, they have it.
- A rip roaring metro ride - Experience World's First Water Metro. The Kochi Water Metro, the first such initiative in the world, bestows a unique metro ride experience along with a view of the rustic and urban life of Kochi.
- Marvel a glorious sunset by the Fort Kochi Beach. A blanket of golden sand, skirted by tranquil waters, Fort Kochi Beach is one of the best natural retreats in the city. Lined with swaying palms and dense bushes, it offers a picturesque view of the surroundings.
- Go shopping at the bright and vibrant streets of Cochin and head to Munnar (03-04 hrs of journey approximately)
- Overnight stay at Munnar in a Resort
A/C Tempo Traveler
02 Sharing Tents at the campsite
- Breakfast and checkout from the resort
- Head toeards Eravikulam National Park. Eravikulam National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to the Nilgiri Tahr, a rare mountain deer that is an endangered species. Here is one such national park in the high ranges of Kerala which offers the magnificient view of hills with tea plantations
- Take part in the Jungle Safari at Eravikulam National Park which takes at least half a day.
- Explore the Hidden Waterfalls in Chinnakanal or similar
- Head to Punarjani Traditional Village and experience Kathakali. Proud that this renowned artfrom originated, was originated from Kerala’s shores over 300 years ago. It combines devotion, drama, dance, music, costumes and make up into a divine experience for all who get to view it. It retells the great stories of the past, mostly from Indian epics, and leaves one spellbound at the various intricacies involved in the performance. Every single quiver of the lips, flicker of the eyes or a movement involving the fingers twirling, has great significance. Watch Kalaripayattu, on availability as well.
- Head toward Lockhart Gap View Point for sunset.
- Check into the campsite to the wild
- Enjoy campfire with some good music
- Overnight stay at a Experiential Camp Site
A/C Tempo Traveler
02 Sharing Rooms
- Wake up Early and Get Ready to Explore the hidden gem of Kerala and Highest View Point - Kolukkumalai. At 04:30am Start to Kolukkumalai View Point
- Reach the top of the Kolukkumalai View Point in a jeep (Off-road Safari) for the sunrise trek. Kolukkumalai is the world’s highest elevation tea plantation at 7900 feet msl. Kolukkumalai is without argument one of the world’s most beautiful scenic destinations.
- Expeience the highest Organic Tea Estate in the world
- Visit the world's highest Tea Factory in the world - Learn tea production
- After the visit, return to campsite and have breakfast
- Checkout from the camp and proceed towards Suryanelli Village. Explore the scenic locale of Suryanelli
- Walk through the villages of Munnar.
- Go to the longest zipline point at Suryanelli. Take the view of the scenic tea estates during the zipline.
- Proceed towards Vagamon (03 hours approximately)
- Visit the hidden gems on the way at Pooparai.
- Checkin to the the property at Vagamon Hills
- Chill near the pool and rejoice around the campfire
A/C Tempo Traveler
02 Sharing Rooms
- Wake up and go for a jeep safari. If you desire to cherish and admire Vagamon's mind-blowing beauty and charm of nature, you must experience this off-road jeep safari. A four-wheel jeep ride into the inland villages, misty emerald pastures and lush green bushes of Vagamon offers an indescribable intense set of experiences.
- Vagamon- The Jewel in the crown of Idukki
- Jeep Safari into Ulupooni Wild Life Sanctuary covering multiple places. Ulipooni Wildlife Sanctuary is an ideal romantic escape away from the urban landscape and noise. This lovely picnic spot is blessed with a serene and peaceful atmosphere. The setting of the Ulipooni Wildlife Sanctuary is so beautiful with rugged mountains surrounded by a charming lake and the sanctuary is home to tigers, elephants and other native animals.
- Take a walk into the Suicide Point
- Take a dip in the Hidden Waterfalls at Vagamon
- Explore the Vagamon Meadows. The rolling emerald green meadows of Vagamon is a charming place worth experiencing. These enchanting Meadows is one of the major locations for film shooting in Vagamon. The Vagamon Meadows, enclosed by never-ending hills, lush greenery, cool breeze and the peacefully tranquil ambience will take away your stress and worries and embraces you with the love of nature. This place is ideal for a long leisurely stroll or you can just sit back and relax, breathing in the pure air.
- Take a small walk to the Pine Forest at Vagamon. Vagamon Pine Forest is a vast region occupied by lofty Pine trees thriving in the environment on steep slopes. It is a man-made forest created during the British regime of India, which still stands overlooking the enchanting Vagamon Valley. Towering over the valleys and meadows is the Vagamon Pine Forest, whose beauty has turned it into a popular and favorite location for filmmakers.
- Take an adventure ride and explore adventure activities at the Vagamon Adventure Park
- Enjoy a thrilling walk on India's Longest Glass Bridge
- By evening, proceed to Aleppey
- Reach Aleppey around 08:00 - 09:00 PM and check into the heritage home stay near to the backwaters
- Overnight stay at Aleppey
A/C Tempo Traveler
(Kerala Special Backwater Lunch at the Houseboat)
- Wake up early and roam around the property. One can witness the magical beauty of kerala with greenery, paddy fields and backwaters.
- After Breakfast, proceed towards Aleppey Boat Point
- Full day houseboat cruise starts from 11:00 AM and ends by 05:00 PM
- Experience the village life of Kuttanad
- Go Kayaking: Indulge in Activities and go birdwatching
- You will be served a Kerala Backwater Special lunch at the houseboat which includes a spread of rice, sambhar, some vegetarian side dishes, fresh water fish fry, Aleppey style fish curry, pappad, butter milk, pickle and much more which is not less than a Kerala Sadhya
- Enjoy a high tea experience in the houseoat
- Check out the houseboat around 05:00 PM and proceed to Cochin
- Drop at Kochi - Return to Bangalore / Chenni or any other cities by flight / bus / train
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
A women-only travel community with over five years of experience in providing adventurous and transformative travel experiences for women from all over the world. Our mission is to create an inclusive and supportive space for women to explore new cultures, build friendships, and step out of their comfort zones through immersive travel experiences.
Myself Manjula been travelling with Hippie from past an year and travelled 7+trips with hippie.
I loved all trips scheduled by hippie i can say amazing experience with hippie starting from booking till we end upa tour .The tour manager is always cooperative and responsive all time and i like the way they start with prior meeting schedules and tour coordinator for trips .Tour coordinators are well trained and highly responsible to look after us till tour ends finally i can say hippie as become family travelling with known which made me to travel 7+ trips and also made lot of friends and had a fun each fun.
My first trip as a solo traveller with Hippie was incredibly fun! not just because I got to travel around places like Shivanasamudra waterfalls and Talakadu temples but the people I met there were truly beautiful. We had so many great conversations and connected really well. The trip was organised very smoothly and I didn't want it to end at all. The coordinators had made their research for the place and had given complete information about the trip and how the journey would be a day before which made me less anxious travelling solo. Would love to travel more and more with a group like them.
- Transportation From BLR/Chennai in a A/C Sleeper Class Bus
- Pickup from Cochi and Local Sightseeing in a A/C Coach
- 04 Dinner, 05 Breakfast, 01 Lunch is Included(Veg/Non-Veg)
- High-tea And Snacks for 05 Days
- All Entry Feeses for sightseeing
- Unique and Premium Resorts For Stay (02 Sharing Basis Rooms) on Day 01 and Day 03
- Tent camping on 02 sharing basis on Day 02
- Premium Homestay on 02 sharing basis on Day 04
- Deluxe Class Houseboat In Aleppy followed by backwater meals
- Jeep Safari Charges for Kolukkumalai Sunrise trek
- Jeep Safari Charges In Vagamon
- Kerala Traditional Arts Show for 01 hour in Munnar
- Interstate Tourist Permits, Forest Entry Charges, Trek Charges for Kolukkumalai,Ulupooni Wildlife Sanctuary, etc
- Travel Kit from Hippie Holidays
- Female crew members from Hippie Holidays
- Water bottles and high-tea refreshments
- Any meal which is not included in the package
- Any Personal Shopping, transit, laundry charges
- Any Extra Services availing from resort
THINGS TO CARRY
- Liquid Cash for meals
- Govt Valid ID Card (Aadhar / PAN Card / Voter ID)
- Umberlla / Cap
- Personal Medicines (if any )
- Extra Pair of clothes
- Comfortable Slippers / Sandals
- Personal water bottles
- Quick snacks or energy bars
- Sanitary Kit
HOW TO REACH
- Pickup From Cochin Railway/Airport (booking assistance provided)
- Transportation From BLR / Chennai In a A/C Sleeper Class Bus
Policy and Terms
For Departures from Bangalore: IN THE INSTANCES WHERE YOU CANCEL YOUR TREK, the cancellation policy will be applicable according to the following criteria
If you cancel before 10 days – 75% of amount will be refunded
If you cancel between 7-10 days – 50 % of amount will be refunded
If you cancel between 0-7 days – No Refund will be applicable
Note: For All The Refunds that can be initiated, Transaction Fees/Internet Handling Charges will be deducted from the overall amount and balance amount shall be refunded. Your ticket can be transferred to someone else if you wish to.
- If a trip/trek is cancelled 7 days before the event, the bus tickets or train tickets along with the booking amount will not be refunded if any.
- For cancellations, no phone calls or WhatsApp messages will be accepted. You are requested to kindly respond to the email you received along with the payment receipt when making the reservation.
- We devise the finest alternate plans in the event of official directives, severe weather, protests, landslides, or any other unanticipated events. Even when specific activities are cancelled, the organisation sometimes offers the best substitute; however, reimbursements are never given.
- If a trip or an event is interrupted by a disaster or other unavoidable circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.), there would be no reimbursement.
- The customer is responsible for covering any additional costs brought on by any natural disasters or unforeseen events (such as rain, snowfall, earthquakes, landslides, strikes, bandhs, etc.). The company won't be held responsible.
- If any connecting flights or trains or bus is missed by the customers, Hippie Holidays will help its best to arrange a possible alternative but kindly note that the cost incurred to these arrangements like the alternative flight charges, tatkal tickets, bus or train tickets and the accommodation expenses in case if the arranged transportation is booked on the next day has to be borne completely by the participant and the company will not be providing any compensation for the same. You are free to arrange the alternatives according to your wish yourself as well.
IN EVENTS WHERE WE CANCEL THE TRIP/TREK
- The chances of us cancelling a trip/trek is low, But in case we cancel a trip because of natural calamities (snowstorms, thunderstorms, floods, landslides, earthquakes) or unexpected political unrest, curfews, local riots, or government orders, Hippie Holidays will not be held liable for any refund if the trip have begun.
- If the trip has not commenced and is cancelled prior to the departure, the full refund will be initiated automatically except for the train and bus tickets if any.
- In case of medical emergencies or any other emergency issues, the refund policy will be the same as that of regular cancellation.
- If the connection flights or trains or buses are cancelled due to any unseen circumstances from the airlines or railways or bus operators, alternative arrangements if possible will be made ; if no arrangements can be made, the refund will be initiated based on expenses and bookings made ahead.
Terms and Conditions
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organiser(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travellers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is travelling.
- No compensation will be provided if the itinerary is missed or changed or due to any internal issues within the travel group.
- Every traveller is responsible for his/her own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travellers.
- In case of any injuries/illness during a trip/activity, Hippie Holidays as a company or our local staff will not be responsible. We provide adequate human staff support in these areas to ensure the basic safety of the travellers. The trekker/customer has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case of medical exigency or emergency condition.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organiser(s) will take travellers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities.
- Travellers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travellers/organiser(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The accommodations will be allocated according to the itinerary. No changes or requests will be entertained.
- The event will stand cancelled if less than 8 travellers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveller is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organiser(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge hippie holidays from any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc
- In order to block your seats/slots, you need to pay the booking amount as soon as you can.
- Once your booking is reserved, the customer should pay the 50% of the total package charges 4 days before the commencement of the journey. Once the 50% of the payment is made, you will be receiving a confirmation email regarding the same.
- The second or the remaining 50% of the payment has to be completed a day before the trip by 01:00 PM. If not, the slot will be automatically cancelled and no refund will be provided as per the policies.