Kataldhar Waterfall and Rajmachi Trek
Rajmachi Fort, Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 30 Slots
Exciting Monsoon Trek to Kataldhar Waterfall & Rajmachi fort.
About Kataldhar Waterfall:
Kataldhar is located in Ulhas Valley near Lonavala on route towards Udhewadi Village base village for Rajmachi Fort. Trek starts from Fanasrai Village there is only one route to reach Kataldhar Waterfall. Waterfall is seasonal available only during monsoon season and waterfall level completely depends on rains. It drains very quickly and can go dry if rains stop for few weeks. Kune Waterfall and Kataldhar Waterfall feed Ulhas River which flows till Thane and Vasai creek.
Rajmachi fort is one of the most popular forts around the Lonavala region. The height of this fort from sea level is 2710 feet and it offers an amazing view of the Sahyadri mountains and the backwaters of Shirota Dam.
The fort consists of two Balekillas [Shrivardhan and Manaranjan] which are the main attraction points here. The best season to visit Rajmachi is the monsoon and the winter season. Nature is at its best during this time and one can see amazing waterfalls and lush green forests enroute.
Type : Trek
Difficulty Level : Normal
Endurance Level : Moderate
(Evening Snack Included)
• Board 8:05 am Lonavala Local Train from Pune Station & 6:50 am Intercity from Mumbai and reach Lonavala by 9:30 am.
• Post Breakfast we will leave Proceed to the base village in local transport (Jeep or Pick-up).
• We will start the trek @ 10:30 am and will be reaching Katladar waterfalls by 12:30 pm.
• We will spend next two hours near the waterfalls and post lunch (packed), will proceed towards the trail starting post and it will take 2 hours.
• From trail starting point, we will proceed towards Jambhali phata in local vehicle.
• From Jambhali phata, we will start our trek towards Rajmachi village by 5:30 pm via jungle admist serene waterfalls and valley views.
• Will reach Rajmachi village around 8 pm and will have dinner in Villagers home.
• Post dinner, we will spend the night in locals home.
• We will wake up early and have breakfast before leaving to a small trek to the forts of Shrivardhan & Manoranjan.
• After the trek, we will head to lake in Village for a quick swim and explore the village for some blackberries.
• Around 12, we will start to Jambhali phata to catch a ride back to Lonavala. (Lunch in Lonavala)
• Catch Yashwantpur Mumbai Express or Securndarabad Express at around 1.45 pm from Lonawala and reach Pune/Mumbai by 5 pm.
Tour concludes with happy memories :)
Pune Travel Club
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
It is all about travel & adventure. That is what Pune Travel Club was founded upon and what the community is all about. Discovering countries, cultures, environments, cities, mountain ranges, deserts, coasts and jungles; exploring this amazing planet we all live on.
The Pune Travel Club (PTC) is a non-profit, volunteer based group which organizes outdoor, sports, green and social events throughout the year on weekends and weekday mornings. Upcoming events are informed to our members through a mailing list, write-ups on completed events are posted on our blog, ongoing member discussions happen in our Facebook group.
PTC is a place where like-minded, nature loving and outdoor passionate souls come together in a open, volunteering environment, overcoming challenges together as a team, breaking out of oneself physical and mental boundaries, coming out as friends for life and recharged human beings with a different perspective on life. The non-profit nature of equal cost sharing and volunteering based environment focusing on a shared passion brings out the best in people.
Gunit kaur sethi
I was looking forwarded to do K2S since long and finally it could happen with Pune travel club. I must say, it was one awesome experience which would not have been great without the support of Vamsy and other co-travellers on the Trek.
Thank you Pune travel club and Vamsy for such an awesome experience. I look forward to have some more adventure with you. ��
I went to Harishchandragad trek last weekend with these guys...It was an amazing trek...very well arranged...had so much fun...Thank you so much guys...!
One of my favorite treks till date...☺️
Special thanks to our trek leads @Ritu and @Rohit
It was my first ever trip and camping.... And people at Pune Travel Club made it really special for me. Considering the heavy rush for New Years I understand a few things might go here and there but overall I just loved it. Camping at Kashid... Beachside Campfire... Next day Beautiful scenary at the beach and water sports.... It was a special start of the New Year for me. Thanks a lot Pune Travel Club team.
Also I really want to mention about Shraddha.Her nature is extremely Sweet and friendly and makes everyone really comfortable. She is gem of person.... All the best and keep it up 😊
It was great experience of K2S trek with PTC. Though it is of last year but there are many good memories which are still in mind. Looking forward to many more treks and camping with PTC...�
PTC is the reason I have become passionate about traveling, I have done 3 trips with them in one month. I am not going to stop traveling with them. Treks are so well organized and the trek leads are so helpful and understanding. Traveling with PTC is now no more about choice, it's a habit now.
Thank you PTC!!
It was my first ever trekking experience and PTC made it worthwhile. Enjoyed a lot....Went with a very nice group from Pune to Bhandardara Fireflies festival..... Shraddha our co-ordinator was very humble, soft spoken and an outstanding person who guided us throughout the trekking....I would definitely love to attend more events.....
• Lunch, Evening Snacks & Dinner 1 & Breakfast on Day 2.
• Lonavala to Lonavala Transport.
• Refreshment kit.
• Expertise & guidance.
• Train tickets.
• Packaged Water.
• Lunch on Day 2.
• Anything not mentioned above.
Policy and Terms
• If cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below) • If cancellation done by participant prior to 7 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded. • If cancellation done by participant prior to 4 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded. After that, no refund will be provided on for cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 4 days.