Katraj to Sinhagad K2S Night Trek
Katraj, Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- Weekend Getaways
All About It
Katraj to Sinhagad or as we call it “K2S” is a popular night trek for professional trekkers, amateurs, and newbies. The route starts from the Katraj Tunnel Top (Old), travels through a series of mountains and hills (more than 15) and approximately (16kms.) which leads to the destination Sinhagad Fort Ghat road. It is definitely a trek which will test your physical fitness, stamina, and endurance. The trek ends at Sinhagad.
Information about the places:-
Katraj Ghat: The Route which connects Pune to South Maharashtra. Both Katraj Tunnel and Sinhagad are connected by a single mountain range. This connecting mountain range gives a fascinating view of slopes and valleys surrounded by Pune and the amazing view of Pune city. All these things make one test the stamina, patience, and endurance. Which makes the trek, a perfect one to start off the trekking, and for this reason, the Trek has become one of the favorites amongst the Trekkers.
Sinhagad: Sinhagad is a fortress located roughly 30 kilometers southwest of the city of Pune, India. Previously called Kondhana, the fort has been the site of many important battles, most notably the battle of Sinhagad in 1670. It was also strategically located at the center of a string of other forts such as Rajgad, Purandar, and Torna. Perched on an isolated cliff of the Bhuleswar range of the Sahyadri Mountains, it is situated on a hill rising 1312 meters above sea level. Given natural protection by its very steep slopes, the walls and bastions were constructed at only key places; it has two gates – the Kalyan Darwaja in the south-east and the Pune Darwaja in the north-east.
1. Assembly time 07.30 PM at Swargate ST Stand.
2. Departure towards Katraj by Public Transport by 08.00 PM.
3. Reach the Katraj Tunnel by 08.30 PM
5. Start the Trek by 09.00 PM
6. En-route Food/Dinner (By Own) by midnight.
7. Reach Sinhgad (Ghat Road) by Early morning around 06.00 AM
8. Leave towards Pune by 07.00 AM
Offers for you
1. Use Code "EARLYBIRD" : INR 600/- off per person
( Expires 5 days before the event )
2. Use Code "GROUP" : INR 600/- off per person
( Group discount for min. 5 people )
***Note*** : Only one code is applicable at a time.
Pune Travel Club
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
It is all about travel & adventure. That is what Pune Travel Club was founded upon and what the community is all about. Discovering countries, cultures, environments, cities, mountain ranges, deserts, coasts and jungles; exploring this amazing planet we all live on.
The Pune Travel Club (PTC) is a non-profit, volunteer based group which organizes outdoor, sports, green and social events throughout the year on weekends and weekday mornings. Upcoming events are informed to our members through a mailing list, write-ups on completed events are posted on our blog, ongoing member discussions happen in our Facebook group.
PTC is a place where like-minded, nature loving and outdoor passionate souls come together in a open, volunteering environment, overcoming challenges together as a team, breaking out of oneself physical and mental boundaries, coming out as friends for life and recharged human beings with a different perspective on life. The non-profit nature of equal cost sharing and volunteering based environment focusing on a shared passion brings out the best in people.
Gunit kaur sethi
I was looking forwarded to do K2S since long and finally it could happen with Pune travel club. I must say, it was one awesome experience which would not have been great without the support of Vamsy and other co-travellers on the Trek.
Thank you Pune travel club and Vamsy for such an awesome experience. I look forward to have some more adventure with you. ��
I went to Harishchandragad trek last weekend with these guys...It was an amazing trek...very well arranged...had so much fun...Thank you so much guys...!
One of my favorite treks till date...☺️
Special thanks to our trek leads @Ritu and @Rohit
It was my first ever trip and camping.... And people at Pune Travel Club made it really special for me. Considering the heavy rush for New Years I understand a few things might go here and there but overall I just loved it. Camping at Kashid... Beachside Campfire... Next day Beautiful scenary at the beach and water sports.... It was a special start of the New Year for me. Thanks a lot Pune Travel Club team.
Also I really want to mention about Shraddha.Her nature is extremely Sweet and friendly and makes everyone really comfortable. She is gem of person.... All the best and keep it up 😊
It was great experience of K2S trek with PTC. Though it is of last year but there are many good memories which are still in mind. Looking forward to many more treks and camping with PTC...�
PTC is the reason I have become passionate about traveling, I have done 3 trips with them in one month. I am not going to stop traveling with them. Treks are so well organized and the trek leads are so helpful and understanding. Traveling with PTC is now no more about choice, it's a habit now.
Thank you PTC!!
It was my first ever trekking experience and PTC made it worthwhile. Enjoyed a lot....Went with a very nice group from Pune to Bhandardara Fireflies festival..... Shraddha our co-ordinator was very humble, soft spoken and an outstanding person who guided us throughout the trekking....I would definitely love to attend more events.....
• Swargate to Katraj Tunnel (Public Transport) & Sinhgad Ghat to Dhonje (Sinhgad Paytha)
• Expertise charges.
• First Aid Kit.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Water is not available anywhere on this route, due to exhaustive nature of this route; make sure to carry at least 3 liters of water per person (Compulsory) - Shoes must be in really good condition since the land is slippery (Compulsory) -Carry your own Food/Dinner (Either Tiffin/packed dinner) (Compulsory) - Carry a jacket, protects when u stop for a rest facing chilling winds. (Compulsory) - Head/Hand Torch with Spare battery set. (Compulsory) - Camera (Optional) - Walking stick (Optional) - Luggage packed in a good day pack (preferably 22-30 liter backpack), all luggage wrapped in plastic bags to avoid getting wet (compulsory) - Complete spare set of clothes. - Personal medication. (If any) – Keep your backpack weight minimum. (Remember you have to carry things on your own.) Registration fee & Expertise Charges: Rs. 350/-