Mommy & Me - The Summer Retreat Pondicherry
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 3 Days 2 Nights
- 10 Slots
Are you worried about going for a vacation with your kid and not sure how ? Then you are at the right place. Introducing Mommy & Me - The Summer Retreat Pondicherry, a perfect travel itinerary for every mom who wish to spend their vacation with their kid.
Explore the streets of Pondicherry and have some chilled ice cream bars with your kid. Spend time exclusively with your little one and help them learn new things with you. Promote their sensory development, play in the beach, make sand castles, explore good food and at the end, its all about quality time isnt it?
- Walk through the beaches and build sand castles with your kid.
- Fun games and activities with your kid to build more deeper connection
- Take a stroll through Auroville and enjoy the beauty in every corner
- Visit Pondicherry Botanical gardens and take a toy train ride with your kid
- Enjoy the gothic architecture of The Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- Witness a soulful sunset by Rock Beach
- Be a kid around your kid and admire the Jawahar Toy Museum
- A pit stop at the Kargil War Memorial by the beach
Who should attend?
A mom and a kid - Standard package
Additional charges for extra kid
A/C Tempo Traveler
Private room (Mom + Kid)
- Get picked up from Chennai Domestic Airport aka Kamaraj Domestic Terminal (KDT) / Chennai Central Railway Station from our crew.
- Head to Pondicherry in our assigned vehicle. The journey is about 3 hrs 16 mins approximately. The view on the way is going to be exciting so keep your eyes outside the window.
- Check-in to the resort and have lunch to keep yourself energised.
- Head out to the backyard or the outer gathering area of the resort for some fun games and activities with your kid. Dont worry, our team will take good care of you both.
- After activities, head out to the beach for some personal time with your kid and grab dinner from nearby cafes or restaurants.
- Head back to the resort and rest up. Its a big day ahead.
A/C Tempo Traveler
Private room (Mom + Kid)
- Rise and shine mommy. Have a scrumptious breakfast with your head and be ready to explore for the day.
- Head to Auroville the first thing in the morning. Auroville, founded in 1968, is an international township in Pondicherry, India, envisioned as a place where people from all walks of life can live in harmony, transcending nationality, religion, and politics. The concept was inspired by the teachings of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother, who believed in human unity and spiritual evolution.
- Head to the Pondicherry Botanical Gardens to beat the heat and relax with your child. Make sure you both are well hydrated. Dont miss out the kids play area, especially the toy train ride (subject to availability).
- Grab lunch after visiting the botanical gardens. Its going to be sunny, so make sure you are well hydrated and fully energised.
- Visit The Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, which has an unusual blend of French and Indian architecture and is known as one of the most beautiful churches in India.Witness its astounding Gothic architecture and spend some time at the chuch.
- Head towards for witnessing a beautiful sunset with you kid at the Rock beach also known as the Promenade Beach. It is one of its own kind of beach that is popularly known for its azure waters, ocean sprays, shimmering sand, beautiful coastline, and cosy ambiance.
- Have dinner from around the beach and head back to the resort.
A/C Tempo Traveler
- Wake up, have your breakfast and check-out of the resort as early as you can
- Head towards the Jawahar Toy Muesum to leave your kid with some colourful and exciting memories from Pondicherry.A wonderful collection of over 120 dolls welcome you at the Jawahar Toy Museum.You can find traditional make and attire toys from states such as Maharashtra, Assam, Gujarat, Punjab, Kashmir, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Haryana, and several South Indian states too.
- Check out the Kargil War Memorial along the Beach road in remembrance of a war which was far from conventional or even widely spread, but yet claimed the lives of 527 of India's bravest soldiers. Dont forget to take a dip in the nearby beach as well.
- A quick stop for lunch to make the best of the essense of Pondicherry and to refresh all your beautiful moments in Pondicherry,
- Wrap up the whole trip and head back to Chennai.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
A women-only travel community with over five years of experience in providing adventurous and transformative travel experiences for women from all over the world. Our mission is to create an inclusive and supportive space for women to explore new cultures, build friendships, and step out of their comfort zones through immersive travel experiences.
Myself Manjula been travelling with Hippie from past an year and travelled 7+trips with hippie.
I loved all trips scheduled by hippie i can say amazing experience with hippie starting from booking till we end upa tour .The tour manager is always cooperative and responsive all time and i like the way they start with prior meeting schedules and tour coordinator for trips .Tour coordinators are well trained and highly responsible to look after us till tour ends finally i can say hippie as become family travelling with known which made me to travel 7+ trips and also made lot of friends and had a fun each fun.
My first trip as a solo traveller with Hippie was incredibly fun! not just because I got to travel around places like Shivanasamudra waterfalls and Talakadu temples but the people I met there were truly beautiful. We had so many great conversations and connected really well. The trip was organised very smoothly and I didn't want it to end at all. The coordinators had made their research for the place and had given complete information about the trip and how the journey would be a day before which made me less anxious travelling solo. Would love to travel more and more with a group like them.
- Pickup and drop from Chennai ( Chennai Domestic Airport aka Kamaraj Domestic Terminal (KDT) / Chennai Central Railway Station )
- 4 meals - Lunch on Day 1. Breakfast on Day 2, Breakfast on day 3, Lunch on Day 3 (scrumptious buffet lunch)
- A/C Tempo Traveler for sight-seeing
- Private room in a Premium Resort for 02 nights (Mom + Kid)
- All entry charges
- Personalised T-shirts for Mom and Kid from Hippie Holidays
- Travel Kit from Hippie Holidays
- Dedicated Female Crew Members to take special care of you and the little buddies
- Refreshments for 03 days
- Welcome gifts for your little ones
- Unlimited water bottles
- Unlimited fun
- Any Meals Not mentioned Above
- Any kind of Personal expenses
- Any kind of Insurance
- Any adventure activities
- Anything which is not mentioned in the itinerary
THINGS TO CARRY
- Valid Govt. ID Proof ( Aadhar / PAN / Voters ID / Driving License)
- Liquid cash for personal expenses
- Personal medications
- Extra pair of clothes
- Sanitary Kit
- Baby kit / essentials
- Water bottles for kids
- Protein bars or any snacks for kids
- Comfortable chappals / slip-ons
HOW TO REACH
Pickup and Drop from Chennai Domestic Airport aka Kamaraj Domestic Terminal (KDT) / Chennai Central Railway Station
Policy and Terms
For Departures from Bangalore: IN THE INSTANCES WHERE YOU CANCEL YOUR TREK, the cancellation policy will be applicable according to the following criteria
If you cancel before 10 days – 75% of amount will be refunded
If you cancel between 7-10 days – 50 % of amount will be refunded
If you cancel between 0-7 days – No Refund will be applicable
Note: For All The Refunds that can be initiated, Transaction Fees/Internet Handling Charges will be deducted from the overall amount and balance amount shall be refunded. Your ticket can be transferred to someone else if you wish to.
- If a trip/trek is cancelled 7 days before the event, the bus tickets or train tickets along with the booking amount will not be refunded if any.
- For cancellations, no phone calls or WhatsApp messages will be accepted. You are requested to kindly respond to the email you received along with the payment receipt when making the reservation.
- We devise the finest alternate plans in the event of official directives, severe weather, protests, landslides, or any other unanticipated events. Even when specific activities are cancelled, the organisation sometimes offers the best substitute; however, reimbursements are never given.
- If a trip or an event is interrupted by a disaster or other unavoidable circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.), there would be no reimbursement.
- The customer is responsible for covering any additional costs brought on by any natural disasters or unforeseen events (such as rain, snowfall, earthquakes, landslides, strikes, bandhs, etc.). The company won't be held responsible.
- If any connecting flights or trains or bus is missed by the customers, Hippie Holidays will help its best to arrange a possible alternative but kindly note that the cost incurred to these arrangements like the alternative flight charges, tatkal tickets, bus or train tickets and the accommodation expenses in case if the arranged transportation is booked on the next day has to be borne completely by the participant and the company will not be providing any compensation for the same. You are free to arrange the alternatives according to your wish yourself as well.
IN EVENTS WHERE WE CANCEL THE TRIP/TREK
- The chances of us cancelling a trip/trek is low, But in case we cancel a trip because of natural calamities (snowstorms, thunderstorms, floods, landslides, earthquakes) or unexpected political unrest, curfews, local riots, or government orders, Hippie Holidays will not be held liable for any refund if the trip have begun.
- If the trip has not commenced and is cancelled prior to the departure, the full refund will be initiated automatically except for the train and bus tickets if any.
- In case of medical emergencies or any other emergency issues, the refund policy will be the same as that of regular cancellation.
- If the connection flights or trains or buses are cancelled due to any unseen circumstances from the airlines or railways or bus operators, alternative arrangements if possible will be made ; if no arrangements can be made, the refund will be initiated based on expenses and bookings made ahead.
Terms and Conditions
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organiser(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travellers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is travelling.
- No compensation will be provided if the itinerary is missed or changed or due to any internal issues within the travel group.
- Every traveller is responsible for his/her own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travellers.
- In case of any injuries/illness during a trip/activity, Hippie Holidays as a company or our local staff will not be responsible. We provide adequate human staff support in these areas to ensure the basic safety of the travellers. The trekker/customer has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case of medical exigency or emergency condition.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organiser(s) will take travellers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities.
- Travellers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travellers/organiser(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The accommodations will be allocated according to the itinerary. No changes or requests will be entertained.
- The event will stand cancelled if less than 8 travellers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveller is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organiser(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge hippie holidays from any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc
- In order to block your seats/slots, you need to pay the booking amount as soon as you can.
- Once your booking is reserved, the customer should pay the 50% of the total package charges 4 days before the commencement of the journey. Once the 50% of the payment is made, you will be receiving a confirmation email regarding the same.
- The second or the remaining 50% of the payment has to be completed a day before the trip by 01:00 PM. If not, the slot will be automatically cancelled and no refund will be provided as per the policies.