Neora Valley, Latpanchar & Rongtong Birding Tour
Latpanchar, Kurseong, West Bengal, India
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- Food & Drinks
- Himalayan Treks
- Hobby Trips
- Leisure And Travel
- Star Trail
All About It
- 8 Slots
Perched at an altitude of 4500 feet, up in the hills of Kurseong, is this picturesque, unseen and hidden hamlet, Latpanchar. Latpanchar is the highest point in Mahananda WLS and is endowed with abundance of flora & fauna making it a paradise for nature lovers. The beauty of Latpanchar lies in its lush green forests of Sal, Teak, Pine and Cinchona covering the undulating hills. Latpanchar is hosts to some exotic and rare Himalayan birds and animals. It is famous for Rufous necked Hornbill, Hodgson Frogmouth, Sultan Tit, Black Baza, Hornbills, Orioles, Himalayan Salamander besides a variety of woodpeckers, thrushes, finches, babblers, shrikes, owls, eagles and many more. Come join us on our birding tour to this mesmerizing land and a prized destination for birders.
6D/5N tour to birding heaven... Latpanchar & Rongtong. Accommodation on twin sharing basis. All meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Transport in NAC vehicles (including pick-up & drop to Bagdogra Airport) Expert Bird Guide on all 6 days. All COVID safety precautions wherever required.
Who should attend?
Nature, Birds & Wildlife lovers. Birders Photography lovers Birding enthusiasts Bird Watchers
Twin Sharing basis
The tour starts at Bagdogra airport. Arrival at Bagdogra airport before 10 am. Transfer to Rongtong Check-in at Hotel Night stay at Rongtong Meal plan: Lunch & Dinner
Rufous necked Hornbill
Rufous necked Hornbill
Common Green Magpie
White browed Fulvetta
The day begins at 5 am. We start our birding session by 6 am. Birding at Rongtong Breakfast on-field/Hotel. Transfer to Latpanchar Lunch at hotel. Rest for a while. Evening Birding session. Night stay at Latpanchar. Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Asian Emerald Cuckoo
Rufous throated Wern Babbler
The day begins at 5 am. Transfer to Senchal / Lepcha Jagat. We start our birding session by 7am. Breakfast on-field/Hotel. More birding... Lunch. Rest for a while. Evening Birding session. Transfer to Latpanchar. Night stay at Latpanchar. Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Fire breasted Flowerpecker
Rufous Gorgeted Flycatcher
The day begins at 5 am. Transfer to Chatakpur / Bagora. We start our birding session by 7 am. Breakfast. More birding... Lunch. Rest for a while. Evening birding session. Transfer to Latpanchar. Night stay at Latpanchar Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Black faced Laughingthrush
Green billed Malkoha
The day begins at 5 am. Birding @ Mahananda WLS. We start our birding session by 6:30 am. Breakfast on-field/Hotel. More birding... Lunch at hotel. Rest for a while. Birding session at Latpanchar. Night stay at Latpanchar Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Chestnut tailed Minla
Stay Not Applicable
The day begins at 5 am. Quick Birding session till breakfast. Breakfast. Check out Transfer to Bagdogra airport. Tour ends. Meal Plan: Breakfast.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
We offer a perfect blend of nature, photography, travel and community based Photo Tourism & offer exciting tours for Landscape, Birding, Seascape, Wildlife & Macro Photography to some exotic locations across the country. We also conduct photography workshops for: Basic Photography & Post Processing Nature is the best classroom to learn photography and hence, we take passionate people like you to various exotic location across the country, so that you can learn advanced techniques of photography and understand compositions better . We want people from all walks of life to learn the fundamentals of Photography and develop their interest in this art.
6 days / 5 nights stay on twin sharing basis as per itinerary. All meals during the tour (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) as per itinerary. All transfers as per itinerary including pick-up & drop to Bagdogra airport. Expert Birding Guide on all 6 days. *Force Majeure applies.
Train/Flight fares to Bagdogra/Siliguri & return. Any expenses of personal nature like, extra meals, alcoholic drinks/ Soft Beverages etc. Laundry, Phone calls, etc. Cost incidental to any changes in the itinerary due to bad weather, Ill health, stay on account of flight cancellation, landslides, road blockage or any other calamity which is beyond our control. Food and other expenses during train/bus/flight travel to the starting point and return are not included in the package. Hide Charges and/or any optional activities. Any Personal expenses and Travelling plans made outside tour itinerary. Extra Purchases / shopping of any sort. Medical expenses beyond first aid. Medical/Travel insurance. Personal losses/ damage / theft – including baggage, personal articles, photography gear etc. Anything that is not mentioned in the package includes list.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Your camera with all its accessories.
- As this is a Birding tour we recommend that you carry a telephoto lens preferably above 400mm.
- Fully charged batteries.
- It is recommended to carry a spare battery.
- Battery charger.
- Memory cards / backup devices / Laptop.
- Please carry a big cloth / scarf to protect your gear from dust.
- Hooded jacket / Scarf / Bandana
- Warm cloths / Windcheater for morning rides.
- It is recommended that you carry basic first aid kit.
- Please avoid bright colored clothing as it scares Birds/wildlife.
- Please avoid wearing perfume / deodorant during birding sessions.
- Please carry your PAN / Aadhar card for identification at airport / park gate.
- Regular clothing as per season.
- Your medicines if any.
- Travel/Medical insurance (optional).
HOW TO REACH
Bagdogra International Airport is well connected with many major cities like Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata etc. Alternatively, you can travel by train to New Jalpaiguri station and form there to Bagdogra airport by local transport. Please ensure that you reach Bagdogra airport before 10 am on 21 Oct, 2021. Tour starts from Bagdogra airport at 10 am on 21 Oct, 2021Goto Google Maps
Policy and Terms
We work very hard to provide a delightful experience to our customers, Cancellations hurt us and as such Refunds are discouraged. However, we do understand that our customers, under exceptional circumstances, may be required to cancel their booking. In such a scenario our cancellation policy is as under:
- Cancellation before 31 days of the tour departure date - 100% refund.
- Cancellation between 20 to 30 days of the tour departure date - 50% refund.
- Cancellation within 20 days of the tour departure date - Zero refund.
Terms and Conditions
- Smoking & consumption of alcohol during this tour is strictly prohibited.
- Skipper is at liberty to change the itinerary/Hotels/Vehicles at any time. Skippers decission in this regards will be final.
- We will try to cover as many species of Birds/Wildlife as possible, however, we cannot guarantee the sighting of any specific species or species count.
- Force Majeure applies.
- We must have received the entire tour cost i.e. booking amount and final amount (including flight/train/vehicle fares, If booked through us) atleast 20 days prior to depatture. Failure to do so shall result in cancellation of your booking and no refund shall be entertained in such case.
- By signing up for this tour, the participant expressly indicates having read and understood the Itinerary, tour inclusions, tour exclusions, cancellation policy and our terms & conditions.