Offbeat Gokarna – Murdeshwara & Honnavara Adventures
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
All About It
- 2 Days 1 Nights
- 25 Slots
- Difficulty - Easy
- For 7+ years
- Best Season - February
Are you someone who loves green misty mountains as well as pristine beaches!? Or confused about choosing between mountains and beaches!? Then fret not, we have got this covered!! Here is the destination where you can take a dip in the sea as well as climb lofty hillocks!
I’m sure you’ve guessed the place by now! Yes, we are talking about Gokarna.
The small sleepy town of Karnataka, Gokarna has its coastline fringed with some of the most captivating, appealing beaches, and strolling through them will leave you feeling refreshed and energized. Gokarna is one such town that lets you experience the best of both worlds, be it beaches or mountains.
The delight of trekking combined with the phenomenal views of the Arabian Sea on one side and rocky hills on the other gives you a unique and unusual experience at a whole new level.
Gokarna has 4 main beaches and all connected, which can be trekked and explored allowing you to enjoy the cool breeze and meander from one beach to another.
Watching the surreal orange sunset, meandering through the white sandy beaches and hearing the sound of the waves, soaking your feet in clear blue water that is spread infinitely, are a few of the many beautiful things that you can experience here.
Not to forget, the city of Gokarna holds a few ancient and historical temples that are dated back to the 4th century. One of the primary things to do in Gokarna is to visit the holy and sublime Mahabaleshwara Temple, a masterpiece exhibiting the brilliance of Dravidian architecture.
Last but not least, if you move slightly towards the south of Gokarna, you will come across a less known “Apsarakonda falls”. The name“ Apsarakonda” which means “pond of angels” in the local language, has a saying that the angels used to fly down and take bath here and hence the name.
So, what are you waiting for? Just pack your bags and tighten your shoelaces, let us hit the road to experience this adventurous, fun-filled experience.
- Jog Falls
- Nirvana Beach Trek
- Agastya Caves
- Murdeshwara Temple and Beach
- Mirjan Fort
- Honnavara Backwater Boating
- Tent Stay Near Beach
Stay Not Applicable
Meals Not Applicable
- Start From Bangalore at 9:00 Pm
Travel Not Applicable
- Fresh Saturday morning, visit Jog Falls on the way.
- Enjoy the fresh air with amazing view of the mighty jog
- Reach Kumta Beach campsite right next to the hillock.
- The campsite is a beach facing Homestay wherein there will be rooms to keep luggage and for dress change. There are total of 12 washrooms at the property.
- Freshen up and have breakfast.
- Dive into the beach and enjoy the waves hitting along with the cool breeze!
- Play beach games and have lots of fun!
- Freshen up and have lavish local cuisine lunch!
- Head to Nirvana cliff to witness the never-ending Arabian sea from Clifftop, take selfies and make some memories.
- Rediscover Ancient Agastya Cave.
- Experience a reddish-orange glow cast by the Sun while running down the horizon from the Nirvana Cliff.
- Head back to the campsite.
- Savor the local cuisine dinner under the stars next to the beach with the moonlight.
- If you are lucky spot Phytoplanktons to see the bioluminescence.
Stay Not Applicable
- Wake up early and freshen up
- Have breakfast and check out from the campsite.
- Visit Mirjan Fort and explore the surroundings. Take countless pictures.
- Head to Sharavathi Backwaters Boating with coconut trees on both sides and boat ride in between.
- Amazing Photogenic location and countless selfies.
- Have self-sponsored Lunch
- Head to Murdeshwara beach and Witness the Mighty Shiva Statue(2nd Highest Shiva Statue in the World) and also mesmerising helicopter view of Murdeshwara beach from the tower.
- Indulge yourself in water activities of your choice at Murdeshwara beach.
- Witness the amazing view of Sun setting down the horizon.
- Relax by the blissful view and start towards Bangalore.
- Have Dinner on the way to Bangalore (self-sponsored)
- Head back to Bangalore and reach by 5:00 AM (Approx) by Monday
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
Embark on unforgettable journeys with Adventure Buddha, aspiring to be India's premier experience-based travel company. Our vision is to guide intrepid travelers to offbeat gems while fostering positive impacts on local communities. From small, personalized group sizes to engaging local guides and a commitment to sustainable travel, Adventure Buddha offers weekend getaways and offbeat experiences, steering clear of the ordinary. Whether you're a nature enthusiast, adventure seeker, or someone craving authentic experiences, join our family and redefine the way you explore the world.
- Travel from Bangalore To Gokarna In Non AC sit-in coach Bus/TT
- 4 meals: 2 breakfasts (Day 1& 2), 1 Lunch (Day 1),and 1 Dinner (Day 1)
- Accommodation in tents on a double/ triple person sharing basis
- For couples, double sharing can be arranged, if you can share your requirements prior to the trip.
- Local Guide and Outdoor trek leader from Adventure Buddha
- Entry charges.
- Meals other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses
- Any kind of Insurances (health, life, accidental, medical, etc)
- Anything that is not included in the above list
- 5 % GST
THINGS TO CARRY
• Face Masks and Hand Sanitizers
• Small backpack to carry your essentials during the trek
• Power Bank
• Water bottles – 2 (1 liter each)
• Lunch Box & Spoon to carry your packed lunch
• A comfortable pair of shoes with good grip for trekking
• Flip-flops for lazing around the campsite
• Torch/Headlamp to be used at night
• Portable chargers for your electronics
• Extra pair of clothes to change into once wet
• Polybags to pack your wet clothes
• Extra cash for meals not included in the itinerary
Carry at least one Id proof (Driving License, Voter Id, or Aadhar card)
HOW TO REACH
- Please select your preferred pickup point on the checkout page
- Any changes in the pickup location/timings will be informed to you 24 hours in advance
- Drop-off points shall be the same as the pick-up points
Policy and Terms
- if cancellations are made 7 days before the actual trip date and if you want refund then 10 % of the amount paid would be charged as a cancellation fee.
- if cancellations are made 3 to 6 days before the actual trip date, 25 % of the amount paid would be charged as a cancellation fee.
- if cancellations are made 2 days before the actual trip date, 50 % of the amount paid would be charged as a cancellation fee.
- if cancellations are made 0 to 1 day before the actual trip date, 100 % of the amount paid would be charged as a cancellation fee.
- In case of any unforeseen situations like bad weather conditions, a political issue or government restrictions complete activity will be canceled and you will receive a full refund.
- In the event of last-minute cancellations(8 hours before departure) by a customer, the entire trip amount for that person is payable. Alternatively, the spot can be transferred to another individual.
Terms and Conditions
- No alcohol & Drugs during the trip.
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities! We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel & accommodation.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted
- Absolutely No littering during our travels. We swear to protect our environment.
- Co-operate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part – that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety while traveling with Adventure Buddha. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether. No Refund will be applicable for any of the above scenarios.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Travellers / Trippers can pay 50 % of actual trip fee in Advance to confirm tickets (Which is Non Refundable)
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by Adventure Buddha team.