Rajgad Trek & Camping
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- Local Treks
All About It
- 20 Slots
Let's go to the King's fort!
Rajgad is the Royal fort of the Chhatrapati Shivaji empire which was the capital of Maratha Samrajya for 23 years.
The fort has stood witness to many significant historical events :
• The birth of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj's son "Rajaram Chhatrapati".
• The death of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj's Queen Saibai.
• The return of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj from Agra.
• The burial of Afzal Khan's head in the Mahadarwaja walls of Balle Killa.
• Meet at Swargate ST Stand 7:00 am on Saturday morning and start the journey towards Gunjvane by local transport.
• Reach Gunjavane and have breakfast. We start the trek at 9:30 am & it will take 2 and half hours to reach from Gunjavne to top of the fort and it will be scenic journey.
• Reach top by 12:00 am & Pitch Tents.
• Have lunch and start exploring the fort.
• We will explore Padmavati Machi & Balekila and will head to Sanjivani Machi to watch the beautiful sunset.
• At the end of the day, have dinner & enjoy a campfire with great stories and spend the night under the twinkling stars.
• Watch early sunrise from Suvela machi.
• Explore the remaining fort.
• Enjoy breakfast & click a few groupies at Rajgad and start descending by 10 am.
• Reach base by 12:30 pm have lunch & return to Pune.
Pune Travel Club
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
It is all about travel & adventure. That is what Pune Travel Club was founded upon and what the community is all about. Discovering countries, cultures, environments, cities, mountain ranges, deserts, coasts and jungles; exploring this amazing planet we all live on.
The Pune Travel Club (PTC) is a non-profit, volunteer based group which organizes outdoor, sports, green and social events throughout the year on weekends and weekday mornings. Upcoming events are informed to our members through a mailing list, write-ups on completed events are posted on our blog, ongoing member discussions happen in our Facebook group.
PTC is a place where like-minded, nature loving and outdoor passionate souls come together in a open, volunteering environment, overcoming challenges together as a team, breaking out of oneself physical and mental boundaries, coming out as friends for life and recharged human beings with a different perspective on life. The non-profit nature of equal cost sharing and volunteering based environment focusing on a shared passion brings out the best in people.
Gunit kaur sethi
I was looking forwarded to do K2S since long and finally it could happen with Pune travel club. I must say, it was one awesome experience which would not have been great without the support of Vamsy and other co-travellers on the Trek.
Thank you Pune travel club and Vamsy for such an awesome experience. I look forward to have some more adventure with you. ��
I went to Harishchandragad trek last weekend with these guys...It was an amazing trek...very well arranged...had so much fun...Thank you so much guys...!
One of my favorite treks till date...☺️
Special thanks to our trek leads @Ritu and @Rohit
It was my first ever trip and camping.... And people at Pune Travel Club made it really special for me. Considering the heavy rush for New Years I understand a few things might go here and there but overall I just loved it. Camping at Kashid... Beachside Campfire... Next day Beautiful scenary at the beach and water sports.... It was a special start of the New Year for me. Thanks a lot Pune Travel Club team.
Also I really want to mention about Shraddha.Her nature is extremely Sweet and friendly and makes everyone really comfortable. She is gem of person.... All the best and keep it up 😊
It was great experience of K2S trek with PTC. Though it is of last year but there are many good memories which are still in mind. Looking forward to many more treks and camping with PTC...�
PTC is the reason I have become passionate about traveling, I have done 3 trips with them in one month. I am not going to stop traveling with them. Treks are so well organized and the trek leads are so helpful and understanding. Traveling with PTC is now no more about choice, it's a habit now.
Thank you PTC!!
It was my first ever trekking experience and PTC made it worthwhile. Enjoyed a lot....Went with a very nice group from Pune to Bhandardara Fireflies festival..... Shraddha our co-ordinator was very humble, soft spoken and an outstanding person who guided us throughout the trekking....I would definitely love to attend more events.....
1. Transport Pune > Rajgad > Pune.
2. Food (1 Dinner, 1 Lunch and 1 Breakfast).
3. Tents (Double Occupancy).
3. Guidance and expertise Charges.
1. Bottled Water Bottle and aerated drinks.
2. Any expenses which are personal in nature.
3. Lunch on Day 2.
THINGS TO CARRY
Along with *ID proof* and *Screenshot/Email of booking confirmation* For Trek : Proper Trekking Shoes along with 2 extra pairs of socks. Blanket. Full body covering clothes - Extra pair of clothes recommended. Trekking Stick/Hiking Pole Min. 2 to 3 liters of water. Torch. Light Backpack Rain protective gear for monsoon treks. Appropriate warm winter clothes for winter treks. Energy Drinks - Recommended Lemon Tablets, chocolates, etc. - Recommended
Policy and Terms
If an event is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rains, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc), Pune Travel Club will issue a trek voucher for the full amount. The voucher can be redeemed for the same trek or another trek in six months. In case, you wish to cancel your trek, please email us on [email protected] Cancellation requests will not be taken over the phone or WhatsApp. The cancellation charges are as under • Cancellations prior to 15 days from the start of the event/trek/backpacking trip - full refund. • Cancellation between 15 days and 2 days to the start of the event/trek/backpacking trip - 50% refund. • Cancellation less than 2 days to the start of the event/trek/backpacking trip - no refund. Please note: In case of a refund, there will be a deduction of 5% (cancellation charges) from the total fee you have paid.