Song of the Saplings
Casuarina, Vil. Kurunji, Teh. Bhor, Maharashtra, India
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- Couple Friendly
- Hobby Trips
- Lakeside Camping
- Leisure And Travel
- Local Events
- Tribal Art
- Weekend Getaways
All About It
- 1 Days
Spend the day along the backwaters of Bhatghar Dam working with the paddy farmers! This monsoon, gear-up for some rural roving with Song of the Saplings – a one day getaway to the fascinating paddy plantations along the backwaters of Bhatghar dam. We give you a unique opportunity to participate in rice farming and interact with local farmers to learn the nitty-gritties of the trade while having a lot of fun under the monsoon showers. Highlights - - Join hands with the local farmers to experience the joy of rice farming - Taste authentic local cuisines - Indulge in traditional rural games like viti-dandu, thikari-paani, lagori - Spend the day amidst cloud wrapped mountains and lush greenery
This is a self drive camp.
Stay Not Applicable
We will have a luxury campsite to spend the day at.
(Breakfast, Lunch, High Tea and Snacks)
Itinerary - 9:00 AM - Reach campsite & breakfast 10:00 AM - Start the rice plantation 1:30 PM - Return to campsite & dry off 2:00 PM - Lunch & leisure time; explore the campsite, enjoy traditional games 4:30 PM - High tea & snacks 5:30 PM - Leave from campsite
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
We, Footloose Journeys, are a novel travel venture in the area of Responsible & Sustainable Ecotourism. Since 2015, we have been working on a variety of wildlife experiences that focus on wildlife exploration, interaction with tribal communities to understand the life around the jungles, knowledge sharing about conservation of our natural heritage, wildlife photography, and also, interaction with Forest Officers to understand the details of wildlife protection and management. Started with a mission to deliver authentic travel experiences in natural landscapes, we closely work with native communities to bring out the best of the experiences for our guests. We are honoured & proud to have been nominated for the 5th TOFTigers Wildlife Tourism Awards 2018.
Need Help? Directly Contact Host
A pleasure to travel with Paresh and team. The whole experience was memorable!
Kuldeep & Meghana
Thank you very much Paresh & Ameya. We really enjoyed our first jungle safari. They really managed each and everything right from picking up from Nagpur
airport. We really enjoyed the hospitality and the experience they have. I wish Footloose Journeys all the very best and looking forward to many more jungle
safaris with them.
Thank you Footloose for arranging an excellent trip to Nagzira camp. Everything went very well and I had a great time.It was amazing to watch stars at night and hear Owl calls throught the camp. Great personalised tour , keep it up !
We had an amazing time with Paresh and his team! I was in a group of ten law students and two professors and the Footloose team tailored the trip to our interests (environmental law, policy, and endangered species protection and conservation).
We met with a top tiger conservationist and learned about efforts to protect tiger habitat in central India. We stayed in a stunning resort for two days just outside Kahna National Park and took several beautiful rides through the park and saw some incredible wildlife. Footloose also arranged for us to meet with some of the people who were displaced when the park was formed so we could learn about their way of life and how they work to protect the forest.
I definitely recommend planning a trip with Footloose Journeys. They are very responsive and easy to work with.
It was my very first experience into the raw jungle and my decision to explore Tadoba with Footloose Journeys was truly beautiful! The entire trip was very well organised and wasn't disappointed at any point of time. The crew (Paresh,our guides,drivers) were very interactive and kept enlightening us about the stories of
the jungle. Awaiting for the next journey :) 🐾
Best in class. Always a delight to travel with them as trips are very well planned and managed. The eco tourism experience offered is really unique and takes you closer to nature. Budget friendly with really good resorts, great food choices and amazing safaris. The team is very knowledgeable on various aspects of jungles and make sure that your experience is totally worth it.
- Breakfast, lunch (vegetarian) and Hi-Tea at the campsite - All activity Charges - Expertise Charges - Goods & Service Tax (GST) @ 5%
- Travel to-and-fro the campsite - Portal charges for online booking - Mineral water and soft drinks. - Anything not mentioned in the list of inclusions.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Two extra pairs of clothing
- A towel
- A Napkin
- Raincoat / Rain jacket / Poncho
- Scarf, sunglasses, cap/hat
- Strong footwear (Floaters / crocs)
- A sweater / sweatshirt / jacket in case it gets chilly
- If you wish to bring your camera, please make sure to bring a water resistant camera bag and a rain cover.
- Any personal medication as per your need or as prescribed by the doctor
HOW TO REACH
Casuarina is approximately 70 km away from Chandani Chowk, Pune off the Pune-Satara highway. Google Maps Location - https://goo.gl/maps/XbKm5Mxz3LtChZA49 Directions - 1. From Chandani Chowk, cross the new Katraj Tunnel and then cross the Toll Plaza to reach Nasrapur. 2. Take a right turn at Nasrapur to get off the highway and drive 15 kilometers. 3. After 15 kilometers, take a right turn on the road that goes towards Mantra Resort. 4. Cross the ghat section to reach backwaters of Bhatghar Dam. Take a right turn at Vil. Karandi. 5. Drive for approximately 10 kilometers to reach Casuarina.
Policy and Terms
- Full payment of camp fees to confirm participation
- No refund in case of any cancellation 72 hours before the date of the camp.
Terms and Conditions
- Footloose Journeys reserve the right to cancel / modify any camp having regard to force majeure situations including unfavourable weather, natural calamities, strikes, riots, political unrest, spread of pandemic and subsequent lockdowns / curfews etc.
- Footloose Journeys shall endeavor to provide best possible alternative arrangements for transport & accommodation in case situations referred to in Point No. 1 above exist.
- Any additional cost of such alternative arrangements for transport & accommodation is to be reimbursed / borne by campers.
- Campers shall have no right to claim damages / losses arising from force majeure situations.
- Footloose Journeys shall not be responsible for any injury / disability / loss of life caused due to any accident during the camp. Furthermore, Footloose Journeys shall not be responsible for any illness picked up by participants during the camp, including COVID-19.
- No refund of camp fees will be granted in case of cancellation/alteration in camp schedule because of any situation beyond the control of Footloose Journeys.
- No refund of camp fees will be granted if any camper is unable to complete the camp owing to his/her medical conditions including any of the symptoms of COVID-19.
- If at any time during the camp, a participant is observed to be getting any symptoms of COVID-19, the participant will be isolated and hospitalized, if necessary. Any additional cost of such isolation, hospitalization, and other relate expenses will be borne by the participant..
- Campers will have to make full payment of camp fees to book their seat. No refund shall be allowed in case of any cancellation 72 hours before the date of the camp.
- The above terms & conditions are enforceable in the court of law at Pune district, Maharashtra, India.
More From Footloose Journeys
[[ event.name ]]
From [[price.price | number:0]]/ per person
From [[event.price | number:0]]/ per person
[[ batch.startdate|date]] [[batch.soldout ? ' (Soldout)':'']]