Starry Trails - The Meteor Shower Camp
Casuarina, Vil. Kurunji
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- Couple Friendly
- Hobby Trips
- Lakeside Camping
- Leisure And Travel
- Star Trail
- Weekend Getaways
All About It
The Geminids meteor shower is happening on the night of 12th & 13th December! This beautiful phenomenon is best observed away from polluted urban skies and city lights; and we have just the place for the job! Join us at our campsite to witness one of the most spectacular celestial events of 2021! The peak of the Geminids meteor shower is on the night of 13th December 2021. Around 60% of the peak rate is expected to be observed on the night of 12th December as well. 𝗛𝗶𝗴𝗵𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀 - - Star Gazing session conducted by experts in the field - Assistance of experts in Astrophotography - High quality telescopes for star gazing - Camp Casuarina - One of the best locations around Pune for stargazing - Camping and cottage stay - both options available - 𝗔𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗖𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗱𝟭𝟵 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲
Camping tents with optional upgrade to Cottages
4:30 PM - Arrive at the campsite, high-tea, tent / cottage allocation, explore the campsite 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM - Introductory session 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM - Stargazing session by experts in the field 9:00 PM - Dinner 9:30 PM onwards - Watch the beautiful meteors till your heart is full! :)
Stay Not Applicable
We will be awake till late the previous night, so you can wake up at your convenience. Morning tea / coffee will be served ta 7:00 AM. You can explore the campsite in the morning. Breakfast will be served at 9:00 AM post which we will leave for Pune.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
We, Footloose Journeys, are a novel travel venture in the area of Responsible & Sustainable Ecotourism. Since 2015, we have been working on a variety of wildlife experiences that focus on wildlife exploration, interaction with tribal communities to understand the life around the jungles, knowledge sharing about conservation of our natural heritage, wildlife photography, and also, interaction with Forest Officers to understand the details of wildlife protection and management. Started with a mission to deliver authentic travel experiences in natural landscapes, we closely work with native communities to bring out the best of the experiences for our guests. We are honoured & proud to have been nominated for the 5th TOFTigers Wildlife Tourism Awards 2018.
A pleasure to travel with Paresh and team. The whole experience was memorable!
Kuldeep & Meghana
Thank you very much Paresh & Ameya. We really enjoyed our first jungle safari. They really managed each and everything right from picking up from Nagpur
airport. We really enjoyed the hospitality and the experience they have. I wish Footloose Journeys all the very best and looking forward to many more jungle
safaris with them.
Thank you Footloose for arranging an excellent trip to Nagzira camp. Everything went very well and I had a great time.It was amazing to watch stars at night and hear Owl calls throught the camp. Great personalised tour , keep it up !
We had an amazing time with Paresh and his team! I was in a group of ten law students and two professors and the Footloose team tailored the trip to our interests (environmental law, policy, and endangered species protection and conservation).
We met with a top tiger conservationist and learned about efforts to protect tiger habitat in central India. We stayed in a stunning resort for two days just outside Kahna National Park and took several beautiful rides through the park and saw some incredible wildlife. Footloose also arranged for us to meet with some of the people who were displaced when the park was formed so we could learn about their way of life and how they work to protect the forest.
I definitely recommend planning a trip with Footloose Journeys. They are very responsive and easy to work with.
It was my very first experience into the raw jungle and my decision to explore Tadoba with Footloose Journeys was truly beautiful! The entire trip was very well organised and wasn't disappointed at any point of time. The crew (Paresh,our guides,drivers) were very interactive and kept enlightening us about the stories of
the jungle. Awaiting for the next journey :) 🐾
Best in class. Always a delight to travel with them as trips are very well planned and managed. The eco tourism experience offered is really unique and takes you closer to nature. Budget friendly with really good resorts, great food choices and amazing safaris. The team is very knowledgeable on various aspects of jungles and make sure that your experience is totally worth it.
- Informative sessions by experts in star gazing and astro-photography - High quality telescopes for star gazing - Overnight camping at a luxury campsite (optional upgrade to Bungalows / Cottages) - Evening high-tea and dinner on Day 1, Breakfast on Day 2 - 𝗙𝘂𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗮𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗶𝘇𝗲𝗱 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗽𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 & 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗖𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗱𝟭𝟵 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲 - 𝗟𝗼𝗮𝗱𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 :)
- Transport to and fro the campsite - Personal expenses, mineral water, soft drinks etc - Anything not mentioned in the list of inclusions
THINGS TO CARRY
- 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗸𝗲𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝘄𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘀𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝗮𝗴𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗖𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗱𝟭𝟵 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀
- 𝗠𝗮𝘀𝗸𝘀 & 𝘀𝗮𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗶𝘇𝗲𝗿𝘀
- More than adequate winter wear since we will spending the night out in the open
- One extra set of clothes
A small towel and a napkin
- Toilet kit – toothpaste, toothbrush, hand soap, sanitizer, mosquito repellent etc.
- Personal medication as prescribed by your doctor.
- Camera gear with tripod if you wish to capture the stars in your camera
Policy and Terms
Campers will have to deposit the entire camp fees to confirm their seat. No refund will be granted if cancellation is made during a period that is less than 5 days prior to departure.
Terms and Conditions
1. Footloose Journeys reserve the right to cancel / modify any camp having regard to force majeure situations including unfavourable weather, natural calamities, strikes, riots, political unrest, spread of pandemic and subsequent lockdowns / curfews etc
2. Footloose Journeys shall endeavor to provide best possible alternative arrangements for transport & accommodation in case situations referred to in Point No. 1 above exist.
3. Any additional cost of such alternative arrangements for transport & accommodation is to be reimbursed / borne by campers.
4. Campers shall have no right to claim damages / losses arising from force majeure situations.
5. Footloose Journeys shall not be responsible for any injury / disability / loss of life caused due to any accident during the camp. Furthermore, Footloose Journeys shall not be responsible for any illness picked up by participants during the camp, including COVID-19.
6. No refund of camp fees will be granted in case of cancellation/alteration in camp schedule because of any situation beyond the control of Footloose Journeys.
7. No refund of camp fees will be granted if any camper is unable to complete the camp owing to his/her medical conditions including any of the symptoms of COVID-19.
8. If at any time during the camp, a participant is observed to be getting any symptoms of COVID-19, the participant will be isolated and hospitalized, if necessary. Any additional cost of such isolation, hospitalization, and other relate expenses will be borne by the participant.
9. Campers will have to make an full payment of the camp fees in advance to book their seat.
10. The above terms & conditions are enforceable in the court of law at Pune district, Maharashtra, India.