The Depths of KanhaPhotography Jungle Camping Wildlife
What's This About?
The jungle is a mystic place. It has its own persona, its own way of maintaining order, and its own set of rules. The law of the jungle is strict and, from bug to beast, it is common for all - survival of the fittest! Even so, it thrives and expands in ways beyond our imagination; so is the case with Kanha! Lush green sal forests, dense bamboo population, vast expanses of meadows, and the frequent presence of water bodies create a scenic landscape. Together, they make up for a whopping 2000 sq. km. of wildlife haven!
- Home to a good & healthy population of tigers.
- Highly acclaimed for conservation of Hardground Barahsingha - a species only found in Kanha
- Dominated by the enchanting Sal trees and a variety of spectacular landscapes.
- Home to Baigas, one of the primitive tribes of India, who have lived in these jungles for hundreds of years.
- Manglu Baiga, a senior member of the Baiga tribe, helped the forest officials in conservation of tigers in more than one ways, and was honoured with Wildlife Service Award in 2004.
- One of the best managed national parks in India.
𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗢𝗧𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗦𝗘 𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗥
We at Footloose Journeys believe in creating value for our campers by taking them on meaningful travel experiences. Along with conducting wildlife safaris and wildlife photography sessions on the camps, we also make sure that our campers learn about the ecosystem as a whole. Through various discussion sessions, documentary screenings, quizzes, interactions with the members of tribal communities, and even interactions with forest department personnel, we make sure that our campers take with them a bagful of beautiful memories and also deep knowledge about the place.
- Nagpur-Kanha-Nagpur travel in AC vehicles.
- Accommodation at a jungle resort for 3 nights on sharing basis.
- 6 safaris, Park entry fees, gypsy charges, guide and driver charges.
- Activities with locals.
- All meals as mentioned in itinerary.
- Assistance of naturalist(s) from Footloose Journeys.
- Travel Insurance.
- Travel from your home city to Nagpur, and back.
- Laundry, tipping, and any other personal expenses.
- Mineral water, alcohol, and soft drinks.
- Camera charges.
- Anything not mentioned in the list of inclusions.
- Goods & Service Tax (GST) @ 5%.
Exploring Kanha & Baiga tribal village visit
Jungle Safaris Discussion about the eco-system Activities with Baiga Tribal
Start the day early in the morning. Two safaris for the day.
Visit a Baiga tribal village after the morning safari, interact with the tribals and participate in various activities with them.
Discussion about the jungle throughout the day.
Overnight at Kanha.
Things To Carry
* IMPORTANT -
1. Original Identity Proof (PAN, Driving License, Passport etc.) submitted by you.
1. Please carry naturally colored clothes (gray, ruddy, green). Avoid flashy colors such as red, orange, blue.
2. Five-six pairs of clothes for safaris
3. Two pairs of clothes for the night
4. Scraf / Balaclava / Hat
6. Four-five pairs of socks
7. Sports shoes or any strong footwear for safaris
8. Chappals/ floaters
9. Hankies/ Napkin
10. FOR WINTER SEASON CAMPS, please carry more than adequate winter wear including sweaters / sweatshirts, top and bottom thermals, monkey caps, scarfs, gloves, socks etc.
* Toilet Kit -
1. Toothbrush, Toothpaste
4. Odorless Sunscreen lotion
5. Small towel
6. Please carry medicines as per your personal requirements along with prescription from your doctor, if any.
1. Camera, lenses, memory cards, charger
2. Bean Bags, Monopod etc.
5. Mobile, mobile charger
1. Campers are requested to reach Nagpur on Day 1 by 8:00 AM sharp.
2. Only a limited number of vehicles are allowed to enter the jungle every day. Please confirm your seat in advance to get hassle free safari bookings.
3. Get in touch with our team to know most suitable travel options from your home town. We are happy to help you in planning your travel.
About Your Hosts
We, Footloose Journeys, are a novel travel venture in the area of Responsible & Sustainable Ecotourism. Since 2015, we have been working on a variety of wildlife experiences that focus on wildlife exploration, interaction with tribal communities to understand the life around the jungles, knowledge sharing about conservation of our natural heritage, wildlife photography, and also, interaction with Forest Officers to understand the details of wildlife protection and management.
Started with a mission to deliver authentic travel experiences in natural landscapes, we closely work with native communities to bring out the best of the experiences for our guests. We are honoured & proud to have been nominated for the 5th TOFTigers Wildlife Tourism Awards 2018.
Book an upcoming batch
[[selectedBatch.startdate|date]] to [[selectedBatch.enddate|date]][[selectedBatch.starttime|date:'shortTime']] to [[selectedBatch.endtime|date:'shortTime']]
[[price.attribute]] : [[price.price | number:0]] /- per person
[[price.attribute]] : [[price.price | number:0]] /- per person
[[selectedBatch.price | number:0]]/- per person
[[instance.price | number:0]]/- per person
Got Questions ?
WhatsApp Footloose Journeys
A pleasure to travel with Paresh and team. The whole experience was memorable!
Kuldeep & Meghana
Thank you very much Paresh & Ameya. We really enjoyed our first jungle safari. They really managed each and everything right from picking up from Nagpur airport. We really enjoyed the hospitality and the experience they have. I wish Footloose Journeys all the very best and looking forward to many more jungle safaris with them.
Thank you Footloose for arranging an excellent trip to Nagzira camp. Everything went very well and I had a great time.It was amazing to watch stars at night and hear Owl calls throught the camp. Great personalised tour , keep it up !
We had an amazing time with Paresh and his team! I was in a group of ten law students and two professors and the Footloose team tailored the trip to our interests (environmental law, policy, and endangered species protection and conservation). We met with a top tiger conservationist and learned about efforts to protect tiger habitat in central India. We stayed in a stunning resort for two days just outside Kahna National Park and took several beautiful rides through the park and saw some incredible wildlife. Footloose also arranged for us to meet with some of the people who were displaced when the park was formed so we could learn about their way of life and how they work to protect the forest. I definitely recommend planning a trip with Footloose Journeys. They are very responsive and easy to work with.
It was my very first experience into the raw jungle and my decision to explore Tadoba with Footloose Journeys was truly beautiful! The entire trip was very well organised and wasn't disappointed at any point of time. The crew (Paresh,our guides,drivers) were very interactive and kept enlightening us about the stories of the jungle. Awaiting for the next journey :) 🐾
Best in class. Always a delight to travel with them as trips are very well planned and managed. The eco tourism experience offered is really unique and takes you closer to nature. Budget friendly with really good resorts, great food choices and amazing safaris. The team is very knowledgeable on various aspects of jungles and make sure that your experience is totally worth it.
Been Here, Post A Review:
More From Footloose Journeys
[[ event.name ]] (Soldout)
[[price.price | number:0]]/- [[event.duration ? " | "+event.duration:""]]
[[event.price | number:0]]/- [[event.price_striked]][[event.duration ? " | "+event.duration:""]]
Free [[event.duration ? " | "+event.duration:""]]
[[ batch.startdate|date]] [[batch.soldout ? ' (Soldout)':'']] , Available Seats: [[ batch.batch_size-batch.numberofbookings-batch.numberofbookings_from_host ]] No Upcoming Batches Show All