WILD GOA TRAILS
Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary, Goa
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
- History and Culture
- Jungle Camping
- Weekend Getaways
All About It
Goa – A scenic coastal state on Western coast of India. Beyond the scenic beaches and majestic coastline, Goa is home to many other natural wonders. Being in the Western Ghats, it is a crucial wild habitat, and truly a biodiversity hotspot. Goa is home to a wide range of endemic species which are found nowhere else in the world. Be it birds like the Oriental Dwarf Kingfisher or snakes like the Hump-nosed Pit Viper, Goa is always more than just the beaches! 𝗛𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗦 - - Exploring the pristine western ghats habitat through nature trails - Visit to Bhagwan Mahaveer wildlife Sanctuary - Opportunity to find some endemic birds species like Malabar Trogon, Flame Throated Bulbul etc. - Chance to be in the habitat of the very rare King Cobra - Stay at a beautiful Wildlife resort with a lot of biodiversity in the campus itself - Visit to a 13th century stone carved monument 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗢𝗧𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗦𝗘 𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗥 We at Footloose Journeys believe in creating value for our campers by taking them on meaningful travel experiences. Along with conducting wildlife safaris and wildlife photography sessions on the camps, we also make sure that our campers learn about the ecosystem as a whole. Through various discussion sessions, documentary screenings, quizzes, interactions with the members of tribal communities, and even interactions with forest department personnel, we make sure that our campers take with them a bagful of beautiful memories and also deep knowledge about the place.
Private Non-AC Bus
Leave from Pune early in the morning at 5:00 AM. Reach resort at 3:00 PM. Have lunch, and rest. Evening birding trail followed by night trail. Overnight at resort.
Nature's Nest Cottages
Nature's Nest Room
Private Non-AC Bus, Safari in Open Jeep
In the morning we will explore Tambdi Surla temple and the surrounding forest through various trails. Later in the day we will head out in the Bhagavan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary in search of various floral and faunal wonders. Discussions about the biodiversity and habitats throughout the day. Overnight at resort.
Private Non-AC Bus
Stay Not Applicable
In the morning, we will explore the area in and around our resort. This area is bustling with a lot of bird activity throughout the day. There is also a beautiful natural stream inside the campus of the resort where you can have a fish pedicure. Start the return journey post lunch at 12:00 PM. ETA at Pune at 10:30 PM.
- Verified Host
- Logout's Trusted
- Traveler's Choice
We, Footloose Journeys, are a novel travel venture in the area of Responsible & Sustainable Ecotourism. Since 2015, we have been working on a variety of wildlife experiences that focus on wildlife exploration, interaction with tribal communities to understand the life around the jungles, knowledge sharing about conservation of our natural heritage, wildlife photography, and also, interaction with Forest Officers to understand the details of wildlife protection and management. Started with a mission to deliver authentic travel experiences in natural landscapes, we closely work with native communities to bring out the best of the experiences for our guests. We are honoured & proud to have been nominated for the 5th TOFTigers Wildlife Tourism Awards 2018.
A pleasure to travel with Paresh and team. The whole experience was memorable!
Kuldeep & Meghana
Thank you very much Paresh & Ameya. We really enjoyed our first jungle safari. They really managed each and everything right from picking up from Nagpur
airport. We really enjoyed the hospitality and the experience they have. I wish Footloose Journeys all the very best and looking forward to many more jungle
safaris with them.
Thank you Footloose for arranging an excellent trip to Nagzira camp. Everything went very well and I had a great time.It was amazing to watch stars at night and hear Owl calls throught the camp. Great personalised tour , keep it up !
We had an amazing time with Paresh and his team! I was in a group of ten law students and two professors and the Footloose team tailored the trip to our interests (environmental law, policy, and endangered species protection and conservation).
We met with a top tiger conservationist and learned about efforts to protect tiger habitat in central India. We stayed in a stunning resort for two days just outside Kahna National Park and took several beautiful rides through the park and saw some incredible wildlife. Footloose also arranged for us to meet with some of the people who were displaced when the park was formed so we could learn about their way of life and how they work to protect the forest.
I definitely recommend planning a trip with Footloose Journeys. They are very responsive and easy to work with.
It was my very first experience into the raw jungle and my decision to explore Tadoba with Footloose Journeys was truly beautiful! The entire trip was very well organised and wasn't disappointed at any point of time. The crew (Paresh,our guides,drivers) were very interactive and kept enlightening us about the stories of
the jungle. Awaiting for the next journey :) 🐾
Best in class. Always a delight to travel with them as trips are very well planned and managed. The eco tourism experience offered is really unique and takes you closer to nature. Budget friendly with really good resorts, great food choices and amazing safaris. The team is very knowledgeable on various aspects of jungles and make sure that your experience is totally worth it.
- Optional Pune-Goa-Pune transport in private Non-AC Bus - Accommodation for 2 nights at a jungle resort on twin sharing - Meals starting from breakfast on Day 1 and ending with till evening snacks on Day 3 - Entry fees & guide charges at all places of interest and wildlife sanctuaries - Expert local guides - Assistance of naturalists from Footloose Journeys - Travel Insurance - Souvenirs. - Goods & Service Tax (GST) @ 5%
- Any personal expenses & tipping. - Soft drinks, alcohol, mineral water etc. - Camera Charges. - Anything not mentioned in the list of inclusions.
THINGS TO CARRY
* IMPORTANT - 1. Original Identity Proof (PAN, Driving License, Passport etc.) submitted by you. 2. A health certificate from doctor. * Clothing - 1. Please carry naturally colored clothes (gray, ruddy, green). Avoid flashy colors such as red, orange, blue 2. Three-four pairs of clothes for nature trails & safaris 3. Two pairs of clothes for the night 4. Scarf / Balaclava / Hat 5. Sunglasses 6. Four-five pairs of socks 7. Sports shoes or any strong footwear for safaris 8. Chappals/ floaters 9. Hankies/ Napkin 10. FOR WINTER SEASON CAMPS, please carry more than adequate winter wear including sweaters / sweatshirts, top and bottom thermals, monkey caps, scarfs, gloves, socks etc. * Toilet Kit - 1. Toothbrush, Toothpaste 2. Hairbrush 3. Odomos 4. Odorless Sunscreen lotion 5. Small towel 6. Please carry medicines as per your personal requirements along with prescription from your doctor, if any. * Accessories - 1. Camera, lenses, memory cards, charger 2. Bean Bags, Monopod etc. 3. Binoculars 4. Torch 5. Mobile, mobile charger
HOW TO REACH
We will arrange travel in private non-AC bus with strict norms of sanitization and physical distancing in place. Alternatively, you can also travel in your own private vehicles.Goto Google Maps
Policy and Terms
- Advance Camp Fees - Non refundable. - If cancelled more than 30 days before departure - 40% of total camp fees will be retained by organisers. - If cancelled within 15 to 30 days before departure - 65% of total camp fees will be retained by organisers. - If cancelled within 7 to 14 days before departure - 80% of total camp fees will be retained by organisers. - If cancelled less than 7 days before departure - 90% of total camp fees will be retained by organisers.
Terms and Conditions
1. Footloose Journeys reserve the right to cancel / modify any camp having regard to force majeure situations including unfavourable weather, natural calamities, strikes, riots, political unrest, spread of pandemic and subsequent lockdowns / curfews etc. 2. Footloose Journeys shall endeavor to provide best possible alternative arrangements for transport & accommodation in case situations referred to in Point No. 1 above exist. 3. Any additional cost of such alternative arrangements for transport & accommodation is to be reimbursed / borne by campers. 4. Campers shall have no right to claim damages / losses arising from force majeure situations. 5. Footloose Journeys shall not be responsible for any injury / disability / loss of life caused due to any accident during the camp. Furthermore, Footloose Journeys shall not be responsible for any illness picked up by participants during the camp, including COVID-19. 6. No refund of camp fees will be granted in case of cancellation/alteration in camp schedule because of any situation beyond the control of Footloose Journeys. 7. No refund of camp fees will be granted if any camper is unable to complete the camp owing to his/her medical conditions including any of the symptoms of COVID-19. 8. If at any time during the camp, a participant is observed to be getting any symptoms of COVID-19, the participant will be isolated and hospitalized, if necessary. Any additional cost of such isolation, hospitalization, and other relate expenses will be borne by the participant. 9. Campers will have to make an advance payment of INR 8,000 to book their seat. The balance amount will have to be paid in full a minimum of 15 days prior to departure. 10. The above terms & conditions are enforceable in the court of law at Pune district, Maharashtra, India.